• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite FLYING type! ☆

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Skarmory would have to be my most favorite flying-type. It looks pretty fierce in-design, and when battling, it could make great physical-wall. It has access to Roost as well, so it could recover itself whenever it needs to. Togekiss is my second favorite; love its cuteness. :]

Years
  • Similarly, Skarmory and Altaria are probably my favorites too. Skarmory for reasons I mentioned in my thread on favorite Steel-types, and Altaria because it's another under-appreciated one that has a gorgeous design. And it has some neat moves to use, including Cotton Guard and Dragon Dance. All things considered it's one of those Pokémon I really like since it just gives off a happy vibe.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Probably Dragonite, but I like to consider him as more as a Dragon type. My favorite Flying type is probably Altaria. Love using him in Emerald Play Throughs. Great move pool and a beautiful creature. I OHKO Drake non-stop with Ice Beam

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Crobat, Mega-Pinsir, and Combee.

Love the whole Zubat line to be honest. Pinsir got a really nice upgrade in Mega-Pinsir. Flying may suck with its weaknesses, but Aerilate is one seriously cool ability. And finally, Combee is just adorable.
    Favorite FLYING type! ☆

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Definitely not Pidgey. Nope, not a chance. Nuh-uh.

I lied. Considering Pidgey's my favourite Pokemon of all, it shouldn't be too hard to realize it's also my favourite Flying type. And while I don't feel like I have much of an established reason for it, other than it being the first Pokemon I ever caught, it's just always appealed to me. I mean, it might not be the strongest starter bird, and its design might be a bit bland, but there's just something about it I've always liked :p However, the fact that it was the first Pokemon I ever caught and trained 100, along with having pretty much been in my team every generation it was available to catch early on, as well as having been caught in every game I've been able to catch it in, I feel like it's just the constant exposure to it that's made me like it so much :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    My favourite is Starly. It's cooler than all the other regional birds, evolves into something 100% more badass (which in itself would be 100% more badass as a Fighting/Flying-type but ehh), and it's hands-down the cutest bird in the Pokémon region. Why would you bother training one of those scrawny pigeons when you could train the natural killer of a raptor instead?

Favorite FLYING type! ☆

Starly eats your heart out. Literally.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Pidgeot, probably. It was my powerhouse back in Crystal and I've liked it ever since then (or probably since Blue days actually). It has a pretty slick design as well, but it's a shame it doesn't stack up compared to many newer birds in terms of its battling skills.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • My favourite flying type is either Drifloon or Woobat... I'm not sure I could pick just one of the two! They're both really cute and I really loved having both of them on my respective teams in Gen 4 and Gen 5. I try not to double-up Pokémon very often when I play through a generation again but with both of those Pokémon I used them again when I played Platinum/Black 2. I couldn't help it... I just enjoyed using them so much that I wanted to train them again.

I prefer Woobat over Drifloon but I prefer Drifblim over Swoobat, so they even out and neither stands out over the other for me in the end.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hmm again, so many cool ones to chose from. Here is a Top3:

1) Zapdos: I just love his design and his typing, always have since i first played the games. Im not a big fan of legendaries, but Zapdos and Zekrom are just too cool to not like them.
    2) Drifloon: Used him in my first Diamond playthrough and ended up loving it. I find his design to be very funny, i mean a hot air balloon Pokemon? And his typing is unique and cool, so yeah.
    3) Charizard: What can i say, he is a Dragon guys. Also my favorite Gen1 Starter and a great Pokemon overall

Shhmew

Years
  • This is the last one I'm making, I promise! I just think this one is especially necessary!!

Which flier is your favorite? Which is your second favorite? Your third? Your tenth? List as many as you want! Just remember the 4/25 rule and try to give reasons!

As for meee...

Spoiler:

Now it's your turn

Last edited by a moderator:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Crobat without a doubt.

The best looking flying-type, period. Very fast and surprisingly strong. A very underrated Pokemon that should be B rank in the Smogon Viability thread.

I also like Staraptor, Talonflame and Dragonite.

Years
  • My favourite ever flying Pokemon is Skarmory ! When I was a kid I thought Skarmory was so cool, I used to make up evolutions for it too. When I realised Skarmory's a standard competitively used Pokemon I was so happy >< I really wish he had a Pokedoll plush.

Zapdos is my 2nd favourite. I've always admired it's design. The Zapdos 2nd Pokemon movie was so bad ass, but cute (I thought so anyway) when it shocked Pikachu.

I also like Dodrio, just because it looked so weird when it used the move Fly in Pokemon Stadium. And its fluffy looking :3

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I love Crobat. Ever since I first tried it out, it has become a staple flying-type in all of my teams. Nothing can contest its enormous jet-like speed, plus it has good attack and decent defences. A splendid all-rounder if you ask me.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Favorite FLYING type! ☆

Crobat will forever and always be my go-to flying-type. It's incredibly fast and has enough power to deal reliable damage. and it just looks awesome. :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My favorite would be Dodrio because I love the speed and power. A Dodrio with Return is amazing, but unfortunately it's pretty fail when it comes to defenses.

Other notable favorites are Jumpluff, Sigliyph, Mandibuzz, and Fearow.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2023
    Butterfree has always been one of my top picks, since it has status moves and is a good contender for early game if you know how to use it (the one used by the youngster on the route right before Vermilion City in Red is a good example of this. So many status moves, erg.)

However, I think Wingull might be my favorite overall. It's typing is excellent (despite it's massive weakness to electric moves), and it's design is very nice. Mr. Briney's Peeko sub-quest in third gen was really enjoyable as well. :)

Back