• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Favorite gen 2 pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I liked most of them but I think it would be Espeon, Houndoom, Sunflora, Ursaring, and Dunsparce.

Years
  • My #1 favorite Johto Pokémon is Houndoom, for reasons i'm sure i've discussed before.

Other than that, I quite like Ampharos, Espeon, Quagsire, Kingdra and Skarmory, all of those are ones that have distinct qualities I enjoy them for.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    My number 1 favorite has to be a tie between Suicune and feraligatr. They were both a beast in my crystal play through

FlexxGaming

Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2015
    I don't have one particular favorite gen 2 Pokémon, but if I needed to make a top 3 it would be:

1. Raikou
    2. Misdreavus
    3. Steelix

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • NH
    • Seen Nov 19, 2015
    Tyranitar, Crobat, Xatu, Aipom, Yanma, Umbreon and Espeon ofc, Wobbuffet, Shuckle, Kingdra.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Espeon, Azumarill, Ampharos and Skarmory are prime favorites. I also like Teddiursa, Crobat, Aipom, Yanma, Kingdra, Suicune, Lugia and Misdreavus.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
  • Aw man, it's gotta be the dunsparce. Dunsparce is just crazy. He has serene grace, can learn Fire Blast, Blizzard, Ancient Power, and Charge Beam, he's got as many weaknesses as a ghost/dark type (1) and besides the silliness I just listed, Glare + headbutt, with roost and drill run. Game, set, match. (He coulda got a fairy typing, or a mega or normal evolution though : , )

Second place probably misdreavus. It's the OG first pure ghost type, and besides being adorable, it's got an awesome concept and evolution.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Furret will forever remain as my top Pokemon from Johto - just love that ferret Pokemon, it's not just for me the cutest Pokemon in Johto - it's been really good for me in the games, and has saved me many times with its Run Away ability [such as rushing to a Pokemon Center, or not wanting to battle a certain wild Pokemon] - being normal type it can learn attacks from other types....

Spoiler:

I also like it's pre-evolution Sentret, also: Quilava, Typhlosion, Espeon, Umbreon,

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Feraligatr is my favourite Gen 2 Pokemon, followed by Tyranitar and Houndoom.

I also like Crobat, Lanturn, Ampharos, Azumarill, Quagsire, Espeon, Misdreavus, Gligar, Steelix, Scizor, Heracross, Sneasel, Mantine, Skarmory, Kingdra, Porygon2, Smeargle, Hitmontop, Miltank, Raikou, Suicune, and Celebi.

Last edited:

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Umbreon all the way! the second generation is my favourite so I could carry on for a while here, but it is just perfect.

(Except competitively, it sucks competitively)

FifePokemon

AlShao
    Years
  • Sneasel, closely followed by Umbreon, both have a cool design and have been very useful to me in my HG/SS playthroughs!

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
    Years
  • Definitely Umbreon. My second favorite Eveelution ^.^
    Also Umbreon's shiny form is the best shiny form, period.
    As far as the starters, Bayleef is my favorite as far as design, even though I never pick Chikoreeta.
    Crobat gets an honorable mention for making Zubat a little less annoying to encounter.

Back