• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite kind of music?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    All the music I listen to consists of rap and rock/metal. I'm more into the darker side of rap, and tbh most of my lyrics are on the darker side. But I still occasionally listen to turnt up rap

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Western pop to an extent nowadays, alternative rock (Placebo ♥), some rap, and anything Japanese really but J-pop is my fave besides AKB48. Also K-pop to an extent but it hasn't been up to par in a while as it used to be.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
    I'm into rap, mostly stuff that either shows off their technical skill or lyricism (Kendrick Lamar, J-Cole, Joey Badass, ASAP Rocky etc.). I definitely HATE rappers who use trap beats, those suck. I've also gotten into EDM music for a year now and my favourite artist would probably be Seven Lions.

i also find some J-Rock/J-Pop tracks from anime that I really enjoy. :)

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
    Hip hop and breakbeat/drum 'n' bass. Kanye West, Death Grips, MF DOOM, Run the Jewels, Kendrick Lamar, The Prodigy, Goldie, High Contrast, Pendulum, Spor, etc.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    these are all excellent adjectives. who are some of your favorite bands?
    CHVRCHES, FatM, Lana Del Rey, Beach House, Snakadaktal, Postiljonen, Grimes, Daughter, Angel Olsen, Wild Nothing, FKA Twigs, BANKS, Lykke Li, just to name a "few" lol

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I listen to a lot of rock and hard rock, like 3 Doors Down, Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, etc.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I listen to literally just about everything. My favorites just really depend on my mood. I can always listen to some metal or classical/vg music though. Lana Del Rey, Coldplay, Sinatra, One Republic, Bliss N Eso, Astronautalis, Necro, Jimmy Eat World, Aesop Rock, Muse and Paramore are all pretty easy to get into as well. Dubstep/electronic is really the only thing that if it randomly came on a playlist I might think about skipping tbh. I like dubstep and stuff, but most of the time a little bit goes a long way for me. I can barely listen to one full hour and a half-ish mix without getting restless and skipping it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I listen to literally just about everything. My favorites just really depend on my mood. I can always listen to some metal or classical/vg music though. Lana Del Rey, Coldplay, Sinatra, One Republic, Bliss N Eso, Astronautalis, Necro, Jimmy Eat World, Aesop Rock, Muse and Paramore are all pretty easy to get into as well. Dubstep/electronic is really the only thing that if it randomly came on a playlist I might think about skipping tbh. I like dubstep and stuff, but most of the time a little bit goes a long way for me. I can barely listen to one full hour and a half-ish mix without getting restless and skipping it.

Woo, a fellow Aesop Rock fan!

I'm into all kinds of music. Most of the music I like would be best described as alternative, trip-hop, electronic, and there's some rock music I like as well. My favorites would be, in no particular order:

Blu Mar Ten, Nujabes, Royksopp, Lamb, Thievery Corporation, DJ Krush, DJ Shadow, Radiohead, Incubus, Coldplay, Nine Inch Nails, RHCP

I also have a big thing for music from the 80's for some reason haha. There's so much good music that came out back then, it always makes me wish I were around then to actually get to hear it come on the radio~

Tears For Fears, Duran Duran, Toto, Level 42, Pet Shop Boys, and Spandau Ballet are some of my favorites from that category :)

Ashes to Ashes

Serenade of Cerne
    Years
    Im almost universally dedicated to 60s and 70s rock and pop. Bowie, Queen, Mamas & the Papas, Blue Oyster Cult, Jefferson Airplane, the list goes.

Detox

Well this is actually a very hard question considering how broad my library already is and how willing I am to get into new genres, but I would have to say that all subdivisions of rap/hip hop are probably my most listened to due to a myriad of reasons but mainly because I'm a black guy from the south.

Though I might as well list the 'runner ups' so prepare for this somewhat long ass list. I'm not even going to lists artists or albums because this post would surely go over the character limit.

• Pop
    • R&B
    • House
    • Certain genres of Rock, mainly Post Rock I guess
    • Instrumental
    • Soul and any sub genres of it
    • Jazz
    • Blues
    • Disco
    • Dance
    • Electronic
    • Funk
    • Reggae sometimes

I'm probably forgetting something but I really don't care since I'm typing this on the tail end of one of my fabled all nighters. Anyways as I said I'm willing to give anything a listen. So long as it doesn't involve a person screaming.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    Anything powerful and, for lack of a better term, 'epic'. The most universal feature of what I like is not genre, rather only that they're generally soundtrack pieces. Think Two Steps from Hell.

Stuff like this, usually.

Or ~90s Hiphop.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I usually dabble in electronic music, my favourite sub-genres are trance and synthpop. I also listen to some r&b and rock music.

Shadowraze

ur mum
    Years
    Currently now I'm more into Rock and Hard Rock (Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Queen, Incubus, 30 Seconds To Mars). Though I transitioned from Hip-Hop (rap mostly) to Eminem, J.Cole, Kendrick, and 2pac. I can appreciate most music just needs to have sense and a nice rythmn to it. If I like a song I like it I don't care what other people say.

Azelfino

Willpower
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    I listen to video game music, my preferred genres are rock and electronic and anything that gives a sense of adventure.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
    I am open-minded about my music taste, but my favorite genre is definitely Punk Rock.

I also really enjoy classic rock in general (all forms: punk, metal, rock and roll, etc.)

I love the Ramones, Nirvana, The Misfits, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Ozzy Osbourne, The Rolling Stones, etc.

yeah yeah yeah, kinda mainstream.

But to put it generally, rock as a whole.

Bay

Years
    I can listen to any type of music, though I tend to listen to rock (classic/alternative/pop/hard rock anything goes, though I'm indifferent towards heavy metal), electric swing, and video game/movie soundtracks the most.

Back