• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014 - Bug

Which are your favorite Bug types?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Caterpie/Butterfree and Galvantula for me.

Butterfree because who didn't cry when Ash released Butterfree in the anime, and Galvantula because he is one of my favorite pokemon to battle with competitively. Very underrated in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    - Paras line: So many flaws, but I will never not enjoy putting this Pokemon on my team

- Venonat line: Venomoth might be best bug of all time in my book not sure yet.

- Forretress: I already expressed my love for you in the steel thread

- Vespiquen: Truly a bad ass *****

Years
  • Turns out you'll realize how many Bug-types are actually visually appealing to me, as follows:

Caterpie line: Butterfree is one of my 1st Gen faves, and was always a handy team member in the old days of Pokemon thanks to its many status moves it came with.

Scyther line: Scizor is pretty much one of the general fan fave Bug-types, and with its strong attack power and a Mega Evolution to boot it's no wonder why.

Joltik line: Compound Eyes Thunder? Hell yeah. Joltik is also extremely cute.

Wurmple line: Its evolution line is pretty unique in that it's an evolution based entirely on something that's completely invisible to you, meaning it's hard to tell whether you'll get a Dustox or Beautifly until you find out.

Larvesta line: Volcarona is majestic, and its powerful special attacks made it another general fan fave of the 5th Generation.

Surskit line: I find these ones really cute, and Masquerain's design is very interesting. Not to forget Surskit having a unique type combination.

Venipede line: Fast and can hit hard. Scolipede is also really big, so you don't wanna mess with that thing ever.

Sewaddle line: Again, another interesting concept with the design, and Leavanny has the stats to be useful on an in-game team especially if you can max its happiness quickly.

Scatterbug line: Vivillon's form concept is what makes it one of my fave Bug-types ever. The wing patterns make it highly sought after by global traders who want to catch 'em all. And they all have nice colors as well, hence the name.

Pinsir & Heracross: Both are powerful attackers, and have Megas that gave them competitive relevance.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I voted for a bunch :)

- Butterfree
    - Scizor
    - Surskit
    - Leavanny line
    - Joltik
    - Larvesta
    - Vivillon line

Bugs are some of my favourite Pokemon :) I did my Bug run-through on Pokemon Y and did pretty well :D Cuteeee!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Previously used to be my least favorite type - but now started liking a couple, so voted for them

Ledyba & Ledian - I'm very surprised how well they did in my teams.

the other two votes aren't technically bugs - they are the arachnids. Love spiders a lot
    Spinarak & Ariados and also Joltik & Galvantula

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Great, I forgot to vote for the Sewaddle line and line.

My picks: Venomoth, Anorith line, Sewaddle line, Venipede line, Joltik line and Larvesta line.

Reasons... they're all strong and visually appealing to me. C:

Years
  • I was really impressed with Vivillon, and I think Joltik is adorable, but I have to give it to Butterfree. He really was the first Bug type (well, Caterpie was, but they are the same evolutionary family), and he is so handsome. There is something to be said for the handsomeness and simplicity of his design. And if you watched the anime, you can't forget Ash's warm relationship with his Butterfree.

Years
  • Scyther and Scizor. Both of them have very cool designs. Scyther's competetive usefulness has reduced over the years but Scizor is definitely the best Bug in OU.

Other than that I like Volcarona and Heracross.

Years
  • I got too many I voted for, which are:
    -Pinsir - He's cool and his mega is even cooler
    -Yamega - Just bad ass in general
    -Scolipede - Need a say more?
    -Genesect - TECHNO BLAST OF TECHNO

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Combee & Vespiquen, Ledyba & Ledian, Spinirak & Ariados.

I really like the designs of the above three evolutionary lines. I've used all three over different games and to me they've just really stuck out as great Bug Pokémon.

Years
  • Shuckle*, Scizor*, Beedrill* and Heracross

The* ones are in my overall favorites too. Have already beaten once a HeartGold run with only bugs. My favourite type along steel.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My most favorite bug-type of all would have to be Volcarona, for sure. Its types is fire and bug, which if you ask me, is a very interesting combination. We've never had anything like this before, and probably won't be getting another one for some time. Plus, its overall design is quite unique, and fits everything in nicely. In terms of appearance, there really isn't not much room for me to complain, to be honest.

As far as battling goes, it's also pretty good at that. Its Speed and offenses are very high, and after only a single use of Quiver Dance, it would be immediately ready to start sweeping opponent with rest of his special-based attacks and it's got in its move-set. Alongside, it has Flame Body ability as well, which helps it protect from physical hitters from time to time by burning them and halving their attack power.

Second favorite is likely Scizor, due to similar reasons as above. It's got a smashing design overall, and competitively, it performs wonderfully. This one doesn't need much of a stats boost to take down anyone; it could do it all by itself. One of my most favorite combination for this Pokémon is Choice Band, Technician, and Bullet Punch. Bullet Punch always strikes first due to priority, Technician ability raises its damage, and Choice Band makes it go even further. It's very deadly!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2014
    larvesta volcarona for me

mostly because it was the first bug type i caught (skipped bug types in other regions) and great type, and volcarona looks awesome

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I voted for Shuckle, Volcarona, and Shedinja. Honorable mention goes to Scizor, Masquerain, Galvantula, and Scolipede!

Shuckle may not be too popular but it starred in the all-time funniest episode of the anime, so it automatically gets my vote. Shedinja is unique and is also really creepy. The story about it being a hallow shell is really interesting. Volcarona looks like a sun and a moth, which I think is a really cool design. Not to mention its awesome type combination.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    I've had a Venomoth before, in pokemon fire red..I like 'em..

And Joltik is just sooooooooo CUTE!!!
    ...sorry, that was unnecessary..

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Galvantula
    Forretress
    Venomoth
    Heracross

These are the only bug types i have used. I don't like bugs.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I voted for a lot, but Yanmega is my ultimate fave! Yanma definitely needed an evolution, it wasn't the strongest Pokemon and it was forgetful as well. Yanmega didn't disappoint. It has an awesome design and not to mention speed boost :) It should have been a dragon/bug type though, imo it was a missed opportunity.

Back