• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2016: Flying (Nov. 5-12)

Who are your favorites? (Choose as many as you want!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • mgfRcWp.png

F9iUogu.png

Welcome to the fourth annual Favorite Pokémon Tournament, hosted here in Pokémon General! The goal of the Favorite Pokémon Tournament (or FPT), is to determine the most popular Pokémon of the users here at the PokéCommunity. This will be a 10-week set of polls culminating in mid-November, where we'll pit almost all the Pokémon from different types of past and present generations against each other to determine a winner. After we know the results of each type, we'll add all of those Pokémon to a final poll, where the winner(s) will be crowned champion, and will go down into the record books as PokéCommunity's favorite Pokémon of 2016!

If you are new to the Favorite Pokémon Tournament, or would just like a refresher on the rules/process of the event, please take a look at the FAQ posted below:

Spoiler:

NOTE: Because of the limited number of poll spaces, not all eligible Pokémon have been included. If you want to vote for an unlisted Flying-type, check the "Other Pokémon" option represented by a (?), and leave a post with your vote.

Now that you know what the tournament is all about, what are you waiting for? Polls are open until November 12th, so get voting!

The Finalists:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Flying is one of my favourite types of all with having so many great designs!

Ones I voted for:

• Zubat line
    • Natu line
    • Murkrow line
    • Taillow line
    • Swablu line
    • Hawlucha
    I wanted to vote for a few rather than just two, but Swellow and Altaria are easily my favourite two of this category.

Years
    • They/Them
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Huh, guess I'm not too big a fan of Flying types... I voted for the Starly line and Togetic/Togekiss (which I didn't see, so I ticked the "Other Pokemon" option for).

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • One of my personal favorite typings, made sure not to go overboard and only voted for a couple:

Swellow line: My favorite Flying type without a doubt
    Hawlucha: I explained my love for this Pokemon back in the Fighting type poll
    Noivern line: Explained this in the Dragon type poll

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Fearow, Crobat and Staraptor are cool. (Never knew I liked so many Flyers lol)

Years
  • Flying is another type that seems to have a lot of Pokemon I like, as I mention below.

Some votes went to the useful ones like the Zubat line, Murkrow line, Gligar line, Swablu line, Starly line (who also was one of my Normal-type votes), Rufflet line, Fletchling line and the Noibat line. Then we have oddballs like Hawlucha, Emolga and the Natu line in there as well.

That's it for my votes this week. Next week is the final two types which are Fire and Water.

Years
  • My votes went to Charizard, Articuno, Staraptor and Noivern. All of them are extremely well designed Pokemon and most of them are even usable competitively (poor Articuno).

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Voted For:-

Pidgey line
    Zapdos
    Hoothoot/Noctowl
    Murkrow/Honchkrow
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Taillow/Swellow
    Swablu/Altaria
    Rayqyaza
    Starly line
    Emolga
    Rufflet/Braviary
    Hawlucha

That's a lot of Votes huh :P.

Pika Pika :chu:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Quite the selection here...

Pidgey line
    Ho-Oh
    Zubat line
    Zapdos
    Lugia
    Rayquaza
    Emolga

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Articuno, Moltres, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Braviary, Talonflame, and Other (Farfetch'd, Ledian, Togetic, Jumpluff, Delibird, Yanma, Mothim, Unfezant)

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I voted for:
    • Articuno
    • Lugia
    • Swablu/Altaria
    • Noibat/Noivern

Primarily based on them being favorites.

Years
  • I voted only once because "There can only be one!" - MacLeod. I vouch for Crobat. Super Fang and a slew of other nasty moves and such a high Speed stat it can out speed most anything.

Back