• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon You've Owned

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
Years
  • This is sort of similar to the good old "What's your favorite Pokemon?" question, but slightly different.

This question asks what was your favorite Pokemon to own and/or train.

For me I think my favorite Pokemon to own was my shiny Gligar in Gold version that I discovered on complete accident while at a restaurant a couple years ago.

This was in Gold, so his shinyness actually meant he was a bit stronger than other Pokemon because his IVs were a certain amount. I mostly just liked using a Shiny that I had found and captured myself without any events or cheating.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I have a shiny Aggron. It is awesome.

'Nuff said.

Years
  • Salamence will always be my all-time favorite. It's my physical/mixed attacker of choice both in-game and competitive. High Attack, good Special Attack, good Speed, as well as access to egg moves that make it an even more versatile Dragon; a few of these include Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance and Thrash. In my opinion, the regular color palette looks much better than the shiny form; the blood-red complements the azure-blue very well.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • There are a few Pokemon I always enjoy training. They keep constantly surprising me with their abilities and they never disappoint. They are; Gardevoir, Jolteon and Garchomp.

Another Pokemon I enjoyed training a surprising amount would be Greninja. It was so much fun to see the way Greninja attacks (he spins and kicks!) and his Water Shuriken attack is awesome (albeit a bit weak).

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Lucario, especially from an aura-sphere Riolu. Ever since it came out in gen 4, I've been in love and have included one in all of my main playthroughs. Yay!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I have a shiny Aggron. It is awesome.

'Nuff said.

Aggron is Awesome.

So this list is gonna be long lol.

Froslass. I dn't use it much now but I used to use it a lot a few years ago.
    Mienshao: I have a strategy with Mienshawo that I haven't seen anyone with it for not. Regenerator - focus sash - stone edge - high jump kick - U turn - fake out. Swith it with U Turn when 1 HP. It might be common but I haven't seen another one yet.
    Aggron. Like Laguna said (not shiny tho T_T)
    Exploud: It really suprises me! Boomburst + silk scarf.
    Jolteon: This pokemon is awesome.

Aaaaand my gyarados/Mega Gyarados is going in this list soon...

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I have a tons of favorite, I'm turning the spotlight to the Mudkip line though. It has been a great pleasure to use the Mudkip line, I am never tired of Mudkip and its evolution forms.

POKEMASTERALEX

Pokemon Master.
    Years
  • The second pokemon (after squirtle) I ever trained in Blue version was a Pikachu that I raised up to lvl 100 and would always battle my brothers lvl 100 mewtwo with it! That's my favorite pokemon I've had!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Yveltal, Darkrai, Aegislash, chandelure and many others. It's too much to list

Years
  • I have had various team members I have grown attached to, but the best one worthy of mention was my Sylveon in X. He may have evolved quickly from a fresh-caught Eevee (thanks to Pokemon Amie abuse) but proved himself to be a powerful team member all the way through to the end.

Another honourable mention goes to my Manectric from my now-defunct Alpha Sapphire save. She had been a capable fighter right from the start, being able to 2-hit KO most of her early opponents in battle, while still stuck with physical attacks. Getting Mega Evolution and stronger STAB was only the start of getting better, plus she was my first Pokemon that I activated Mega Evolution on in that playthrough.

I also had a Gardevoir in that playthrough who held up pretty well even when she was still not fully evolved yet, but man after getting her full strength she was basically unleashing Psychics and Moonblasts on all the Aqua Grunts.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    The first Pidgey I caught. Stayed in my team all the way to the Elite Four (as a Pidgeot, of course).

pkmin3033

My Swampert in Pokemon Ruby! That was the first Pokemon I ever got to Level 100, and it was so damn awesome. I carried it all the way through to my X file...which then got corrupted, so I lost it. That one really hurt. I'd never bothered to train a Pokemon fully before that, so it was kind of an achievement in and of itself for me and, whilst I had other Pokemon I preferred on Ruby, my Swampert - which was also my starter - always stuck out to me, and always made the cut when it came time to trade things to another game.

I also remember my first shiny was a Whismur, which I nearly killed until I realised it had MINTY GREEN EARS. I did a small half sitting-down backflip in my chair when I caught it, if you can imagine that. That one was one of my favourites too; I'd never even seen a shiny outside of the Gyarados before that, so it was very special to me~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • My favourite Pokemon to train? There have been numerous Gardevoir's I have got all the way to Level 100 but my favourite was my male one in Emerald that practically soloed the Elite Four and Wallace.

There was also a Gothitelle called Cassandra I used throughout my recent Psychic Monotype that I grew attached to and is now on my X file and a Lilligant called Jessica on my current Grass Monotype which is great fun to use and has won me many battles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it's Gyarados. It's not very difficult to find at all, and once the Pokémon has been trained enough, it could cause some major damage. Gyarados makes battling very straightforward.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • My only EV trained pokemon Kikaito the beatifly.
    It may not be an shiny/legend but it's the only EV trained I have managed to train.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • 5/6 perfect IVs Adamant Cinccino named Lily back in White version.

Technician Tail Slapping, Aqua Tailing, Rock Blasting, Bullet Seeding level 100 Cinccino.

For poops and giggles I took her through the E4 when she was around level 70 and soloed everything.

Currently enjoying a vacation in my Pokemon Bank.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • Lucario, especially from an aura-sphere Riolu. Ever since it came out in gen 4, I've been in love and have included one in all of my main playthroughs. Yay!

Ah yes! Lucario is amazing! I think he is just so cool! I had a pretty hard time getting in in Gen 4 since I think you could only get him from a Riolu egg, but Gen 5 fixed that and put Riolu in the wild in White 2 early enough if the game for me to catch one and use him on my playthrough team.

Years
  • To train? Probably Raichu. It's by far my most used Pokémon to date and I've probably used one in each first playthrough of a main series Pokémon game. It's fast, reliable, and has a pretty decent movepool.. plus it's very cute haha. One of my favorite team members is one of my Raichus nicknamed Lemon and I'll always feel attached to her even if her IV/EV spread isn't optimal.

Another favorite is my dear shiny Whimsicott I got from a friend here. :) It is one of my very favorite 'mons so being gifted a shiny version made my Pokémon life complete. It's very cute and the fact that I got it as a gift makes it that much more special.

Ryz

Years
  • Its a tough call between Glaceon and Lucario. Everytime I play a gen 4 game I evolve one of my many eeevee's from Platinum and trade it to wherever. Lucario is awesome too. Lucario is sooo weak to fire and fighting though. I guess the same thing could be said about Glaceon. Lucario at least survives so I can heal him, bur Glaceon... any attack from a fire or fighting type and its lights out. I love Glaceon... but its sooo weak against some types. I also love Lucario's mega evolution.

Back