• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite portable game system

What's your Favorite?

• Total voters

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    What's your favorite video game system you can take on the go?

Sega Game Gear
    Nintendo DS
    GBA (SP, micro)
    GBC
    GB
    Sony PSP
    Cell Phone.

What?

Apple Inc.

Years
    k uh, OVP is only for polls that don't fit anywhere else on PC. o3o So in this case, your thread fits better in the Other Games forum.

Try looking for a better fit for your threads before putting them in OVP, next time.

Thanks. I wasnt sure so i just stuck it here. Anyways the PSP is my favorite since it does the most things such as movies, internet, Skype, and is hackable, many games, Video, MP3 player, What cant this thing do.

EDIT: I've noticed another thread that seems to target hook up to TV systems rather then handhelds so i dont know if they should be merged or what.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2008
    Ever since I got Crisis Core, its my favorite of them all. Plus the fact that you can watch movies, listen to music, etc.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I sicerely doubt that an iPod counts in any category in that poll, but I lumped it under Cell phones as it's very close to the iPhone.
    ANyway My favorite gaming device that I travel with is definitely my iPod. I've never had to explain what it is at the airport (unlike my DS, some guard thought it was a foldable GPS device and almost didn't let it on the plane due to the nature of the signals that GPS devices use and could possibly mess with the aircraft's GPS unit. He believed me after I booted up mario kart for him.)

I sincerely doubt that an iPod counts in any category in that poll, but I lumped it under Cell phones as it's very close to the iPhone.
    ANyway My favorite gaming device that I travel with is definitely my iPod. I've never had to explain what it is at the airport (unlike my DS, some guard thought it was a foldable GPS device and almost didn't let it on the plane due to the nature of the signals that GPS devices use and could possibly mess with the aircraft's GPS unit. He believed me after I booted up mario kart for him.)

Last edited:
    Years
    I always play my PSP and DS Lite these days.

So, if I had to choose... I go with the PSP JUST AHEAD of the DS ite because I've been playing my PSP more these days, thanks to Crisis Core and Socom: US Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo

Apple Inc.

Years
    I sicerely doubt that an iPod counts in any category in that poll, but I lumped it under Cell phones as it's very close to the iPhone.

I sincerely doubt that an iPod counts in any category in that poll, but I lumped it under Cell phones as it's very close to the iPhone.

Well it appears as you posted during a system hiccup.

Anyway i can consider the newer iPods as a game system as from the iTunes store you can buy some pretty sweet games like Sonic and Sims

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Gotta go with the DS. Cellphone games are rather horrible and the GameBoys are extinct now.

Played the PSP and it's lack of a good library really brings down the entire portable system.

But, the DS has a multitude of games from action-filled, violent games to the classes Nintendo favorites. It's always been on top in the portable war and it probably will never lose it's spot.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    DS lite. Even though I have like, only one game for it. xD
    It's still awesome with the variety of games it has.

My cellphone has reasonably good games for a phone and I play it on odd occasions.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Can i be picky and remind people that iPods and its variants also make very good game consoles, especially iPhone with downloadable apps :)
    But otherwise its gotts be the ds :P

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    My favourite is my DS. It offers much more choice in games than my PSP. The only reason I still have my PSP is because it is modified and I use it to go on the internet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    Nintendo DS. It's the only (recent) handheld system with games that I'm the least bit interested in.

Apple Inc.

Years
    I have uses for both my DS and PSP. But when it comes to gaming, the DS takes the cake.

Well with the changing times and older games from the Sega becoming old, they have made many ports for other systems such as the GBA, PSP, PS2, and many more. Lets take the original Sonic the Hedgehog for example, they have made a port for it on the GBA and PSP, The GBA version gave the game so much shame it's unbelievable, it was so SLOW. yet on the psp port for about 28 sega games, It is the same as the originals no zooms no music changes no anything, and with the PSP you can watch your favorite movies on the go whether it be on DVD and you copy it to your memory stick to watch later or a UMD. (google the DVD thing) the PSP also offers a highdef experience for players on the move. They both have online play, ports, unique features like a touchscreen or skype.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    I'm into the Nintendo handhelds: Game Boy, GBA and DS.

I wouldn't consider a mobile/cell phone a game system because, as far as I'm concerned, it's a phone and should only be used for making or answering calls. Likewise, game consoles should only be used for one thing - playing games!

Nashua

lovely, isn't she? :D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    I fancy the Game Boy Advance for one reason - the headphone jack. That way, I could use my existing headphones without having to buy specialized ones [SP, I'm looking at you].

Downside? Having to buy batteries unless you had a special adapter for the Game Boy that you could recharge the unit.

Back