• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Favorite Third Gen Pokemon?

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Mine is Sceptile. What's yours?
    Other than Sceptile, I really like Swellow.

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
    Years
    Hmmm, I want to say it's a tough question, but personally, the Ralts line wins hands down. Ralts just happens to be my favorite pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I have a lot, with one of them being Swampert. It might be slow, but it's got great defenses, though, enabling it to become a tank; it could withstand plenty of attacks, and hit back even harder. :] Another would be Flygon; it's not very powerful offensively, but its Speed is very high. Alongside, I also like Metagross, Aggron, Blaziken, and Ludicolo.

Years
    A lot of my favorite Pokemon are from gen 3, but Salamence and Metagross are ones that stand out. Both complement an offensive play-style, and they have good stats, making them useful for the Battle Frontier. Some close runner-ups include Rayquaza, Latios and Aggron.

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
    Years
    For me, it's Blaziken. I really love the fire starters from every region, and I have a Mega-Blaziken in Pokémon Y :P Also, Blaziken is really cool-looking.

I also like Mawile, because :t303:

blue

gucci
    Years
    My ultimate favourite Hoenn Pokemon is Swellow. I do really like many of the Hoenn Pokemon such as Altaria, Lunatone, Solrock, Breloom, Castfom and Manectric.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    My most favorite Pokemon in Hoenn is Zigzagoon! Just love it's cute raccoon design (many times I don't want to evolve mine) - but I love Linoone a lot more. I also like Skitty, Delcatty, and Zangoose (I also like Poochyena & Mightyena) -

specifically in Hoenn: I prefer weasels and cats over dragons and legendary (in Hoenn, none of the legendaries where based on weasels or felines).

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Walrein, Vigoroth (because I hate Slaking), Swampert, Metagross, Aggron, Salamence, and Absol.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Sceptile, Altaria and Mightyena first come to mind. :) I also like Lunatone, Spheal, Walrein, Swampert, Castform, Mawile and Breloom.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
    It's so hard to say! Gen. III introduced so many new great Pokemon. Mine are probably Kyogre and Swampert. Kyogre's design is amazing and I was drawn to it as soon as I saw it. Swampert comes in so handy; what a great typing!

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Gardevoir, no contest.

The thing I wanted most in the new dex back then was a powerful Psychic that was bulkier than Zam and didn't require a trade to evolve, and that's exactly what Gardevoir is. It's got nice stats and a workable movepool, and a Psychic from a well-raised Gardevoir will faint pretty much anything that doesn't actually resist it, and what more could I want?

A lot of my favorite pokemon come from the Hoenn dex though - it's just that Gard is number one. Others that deserve honorable mention: Milotic, Salamence, Hariyama, Ninjask, Shiftry, Ludicolo, Sableye, Metagross...

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    There are actually a few Pokemon I really like, eventhough most Gen.3 Pokemon were just awesome :D

1. Milotic
    2. Salamence
    3. Blaziken
    4. Swampert
    5. Walrein (always my water-Pokemon when I pick Torchic)
    6. Flygon

Years
    I have to say, Hoenn has some pretty unique Pokemon in its own right.

Favorite Third Gen Pokemon?

My fave starter line of this generation, and for good reason. I remember starting with good ol' Mudkip when I played Ruby for the first time and it remained a strong battler throughout the game. What made mine more unique was that I ended up with a female on the first try, before I knew female starters were rare. Swampert can both tank a hit and dish the damage out and has only just one notable weakness.

I used to never like Absol, but as time went on it grew on me and thanks to its Mega Evolution that came in X/Y I now love Absol because I just learned how powerful as an attacker this thing is, and with Super Luck it can become a great critical hit abuser. I definitely like its unique design.

One of my fave Psychic (and Fairy) lines ever, and they only got better come X/Y. Gardevoir surely was a really fun Pokemon to use given it's a powerful special attacker that starts off pretty damn weak but the effort into training it early does pay off once it becomes Gardevoir, who is now also among the strongest non-Legendary Fairy-types too.

I liked the theme of the Lotad line, and how they managed to incorporate its unique type combination (Water/Grass) into it as well. It's got a notable niche as being one of the few Grass-types that utilizes the rain thanks to its abilities' effects activating in rain. I guess that may be why I eventually started liking Sapphire's version exclusives over Ruby's as time went on.

I know its stats suck but I actually love little Masquerain's design. Those eye-shaped antennae are definitely its fave feature on it, and would explain its Intimidate ability. I love how cute it looks and sadly it's not getting the love it deserves.

One of my other fave Hoenn Water-types. While I never liked Huntail or Gorebyss much, I do like how adorable Clamperl itself on its own can look. Again, I really think it needs more love because I love the design of it and that cute face on the "pearl".

My fave of the two final stages of Wurmple's line, because I think it looks way more beautiful than Dustox or even Butterfree (but not as beautiful as Vivillon imo). I also love how Beautifly's Pokedex entries tend to portray it as threatening for that cute appearance. It's really funny when I look at those.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Ludicolo.

Has a cool typing with Water/Grass, can run a varied moveset type, can dance, has some cool abilities, and can dance. Did I say it can dance?

I just love how funky Ludicolo is, which is why it's won a place in my heart. :p

Salamence is another favourite of mine, because of how menacing it is. It's fearsome in appearance and attacking style, being able to use both physical and special attacking moves, while having a pretty good speed stat. Dragon's possibly my 5th favourite type, and Salamence is a good representative of the type.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    It's probably is Blaziken, he's amazing badass looking for a starter Pokemon, it's impossible to deny such awesomeness.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    That's a hard question but I'd have to go with Blaziken.

He was my favorite starter of Generation 3 and he was a beast in battles. He was imperative in important battles such as helping me to sweep Wattson's team and to take out over half of Steven, the Champion's Pokemon. Furthermore, I liked how he looked; a ninja-fire Pokemon was a great idea. Furthermore, in the anime he was even more amazing, defeating Ash's Charizard in the Hoenn Pokémon league.

Years

I cant describe how much I love Sharpedo. It's my 7th favorite Pokemon and it's as awesome as a Gyarados just smaller. Absolute ultimate beast, and it's Mega form, if it gets one, better be a good one!

Other than him, Absol, Swellow, Tropius and Rayquaza are some of my favorites as well.

Years
    One of my favorites from the very first time I played through RSE was the Ralts line. Just like now, when I first bought Sapphire I was extremely picky when it came to building a team. I had decided after hours of deliberation on the bag screen that Mudkip was my favorite out of the three starters, and my friend had informed me of a cute, rare psychic type in the second route. Naturally, I had to see what it looked like, and spent at least half an hour hunting for one. Once I finally came across a Ralts, I immediately caught it and named it after my friend. Training it was a bit tedious at first due to its limited movepool, but Gardevoir turned out to be an awesome Pokemon.

There are so many other Hoenn Pokemon that I love, and I'm probably forgetting some, but off the top of my head, other notable favorites include Flygon, Masquerain, Absol, Plusle, Altaria, Cacturne, Sceptile, and Mawile.

Back