• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Town/City Names?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Every region has a set of towns and cities, but what are your favorite town/city names?

Most regions seem to have a name theme scheme. Ie: Kanto's cities are named after colors (in English, at least, I think), Johto has a mix of colors and woods for their names. Hoenn's names are themed after nature, land and sea, basically. (Petalburg, Lavaridge). For Sinnoh, it's just combining two words, so I'm unsure on that one, actually. A lot of Unova's towns and city names are themed after clouds. I don't know what the theme is for Kalos, but I think a lot of the names have French words in there. I believe most of Alola's towns and cities are Hawaiian words, and the Galar region names are British.

But this is just me looking on Wikipedia.

Anyway, what are some of your favorite town/city names? It can be from any language, really. Putting this in Pokemon General because I want this to apply to the other mediums of Pokemon as well, ie, anime, card game, etc.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Goes with Cerulean City (Kanto), Solaceon Town (Sinnoh), Santalune City (Kalos), and Haruba Village (Almia from Pokemon Ranger). Identifies no reason other than sounding nice.

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Any of the Alola cities, maybe specifically Hau'oli City. Really like it when your near the ocean. And a mixture of Urban and Nature.

Years
  • Never really gave it any thought, but I suppose I'll go with:
    Snowbelle City, Sootopolis City, Fortree City, Dendemille Town, Cherrygrove City.

Their names just appeal to me in one way or another =3

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Honestly Sinnoh stands out the most to me in town/city names that I just like and think sound nice. Floaroma Town, Pastoria City, Celestic Town... all really pretty sounding. I also really like Azalea Town, Cherrygrove City, and Ecruteak City. Lastly, Castelia City, Opelucid City, and Saffron City get an honorable mention.

Back