• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Town/City/Route!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • It's been a while since we've had discussion on this I believe... so what place is your favourite in the game, and why - is it the music or what you can do there or the look of the place, or with routes what you can catch?

Personally Goldenrod often has a soft spot from me from GSC and still does in HGSS, and it's a place I often go to as well. As for route... I always liked Ice Path (mostly due to the puzzle which I always found fun), and the route to the Pokemon league, partially because of the music.

Years
  • I've always really liked ekruteak. the music, the overall feeling of being halfway through johto, the towers, the historic feeling... awesome.

or- azelea. maybe this even more. I've always loved azelea, just the feeling of accomplishment to get there, the music, the well...

all the routes are cool, I can't pick just one! from cherrygrove to violet, and violet to azelea are very nostalgic. but then there's from ekruteak to olivine which I've never really liked but it grows on you, y'know? and then there's the lake of rage... pure awesome. and the ice path I had lots of trouble with when I was young and it was really cool to go back there and figure it out easier and...wow brings back memories. and then blackthorn! the town of dragons! and the last town! ...

johto's awesome.

Years
  • It's such a hard choice. I love Goldenrod because of It's big town feel, near the ocean, and right next to country routes. the music is right too. it reminds me of Seattle. but on the other hand I love cerulean City. It's small town feel, back near the northern mountains. That place also has my favorite music. Plus with Cerulean cave nearby, theres always that mysterious feel.

Ryukouki

BW Metagame Player
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2011
    I love Ecruteak City. Need I say more? It's an Asian city! :)

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I like Cianwood. It is so calm and peaceful. The only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have a Pokemart.

My favorite route is Route 37 and 38 though I am not entirely sure why.

Aurora01

Goodbye
    Years
  • My favorite town is... Lavender.
    It's just so creepy.

My favorite city is... Goldenrod.
    It's in Johto, my favorite region. ;)

My favorite route... Route 1
    The route where it all began...
    Plus I found a shiny Pidgey there on FireRed.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Favorite town/city: It's pretty big, and there's the Department Store.

Favorite route: 26. Because of the music

k137an

Smile... or go to jail
    Years
  • i love olivine because it always seems so cheerful and fu
    my fave route would be route 47/8 i always found that the perfect route to explore.

Years
  • For some reason I've always really liked Ecruteak. I don't remember the music being that amazing, or the town looking that pretty, but for some reason I've always felt drawn to it.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My favorite City/Town would be Celadon City, I love the large PokeMart they have there, and the beautiful scenery. My favorite route is the Ice Path because of the catchy music, and the puzzle that I had to solve in order to cross over to Blackthorn.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    For town / city...it's going to be a toss up between Cianwood, Ecruteak, Vermillion and Saffron...although I like most of them, these are the best, mainly due to appearance and music (Saffron is on par with Viridian, due to sharing a theme).

Route? 47/8 have brilliant music, as do 26/7...overall, it's got to be Route 26 and Route 27. They have brilliant music, actually strong trainers, and they have this sort of mystical, abandoned feel to them. Route 28 shares this, however overall I prefer the former.
    If Bellchime Trail counts, that's brilliant - it's beautiful, there're items and Morty, and it leads up to Bell Tower.

Tbh, I love just about everything in HeartGold and SoulSilver, but the places I've mentioned stood out for me.

Kjt

Lovatic
    Years
  • My favoutire city's got to be Ecruteak. It's got all those legends, awesome music, the dance theatre, a ghost gym . . . and Tin Tower.

As for my favourite route, um, I guess Route 41. I loved surfing there :D

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Hoo . . . Blackthorn. Mostly because Clair, and also due to the old-timey feel it has. It is also on a cliff, and ironically close to an area full of Ice-types.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back