• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FE Echoes Discussion Thread

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • I adore the new artwork and the revamped music most of all. ;v;

If this game goes really well, it could be my GOTY alongside Persona 5. <33

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Yeah, I really like that they got Hidari to do the characters for this game. Always loved his designs for the Atelier games he's worked on. I'm sure much was changed from the original due to its dated nature, but I'm glad you can still still expire caves/towns. I wasn't the biggest fan of Fates so I'm hoping this one captures a little of the older feel that made fall in love with the series originally.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • While I'm still looking forward to the game, they announced the DLC info and... well, it's a bit of a turn-off. Not the content itself (although I don't care about say a grinding DLC done for Awakening/Fates or a couple extra classes) but more the fact it costs more than the core game. That's with a discount! Sheesh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Yeah, the fact that it costs more than the actual game is a bit weird. Though the new classes pack and back-story part sound good, maybe if the last pack is also a big story it'll be worth it.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Ridiculous that the season pass cost more than the actual game. Pack 3 and 4 are the ones I would consider buying, but even then, I was perfectly content with just playing the base game of Awakening and Fates. I'm just satisfied that Gaiden, the black sheep of the series, is being remade in the first place. {XD}

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I can't wait to get it, but it comes out after my b-day RIP :( I'm not getting my presents until a few days after because I'll be away but still, I doubt anyone is gonna go out on the day to get it for me :/ As for the season pass, I'll probably just get the dlc separately over time because my parents are weird and aren't good at seeing discounts xD

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Everything about this game looks so good. I'm so excited about the archer changes!! Recently got the email that my special edition will be arriving on the 19th!! :D Can't wait. Bit over how much day one DLC there has been lately, though. To fully experience a game nowadays you need to buy the game, the DLC, and the amiibos lol.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Well, it's finally out tomorrow. The reviews having been pretty positive which is nice to see given Gaiden's unconventional nature compared to the other games in the series. Should be fun.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I started playing the game yesterday briefly. I don't know anything about the older games so this Gaiden remake will be a new experience.

So far I love the full voice acting - it really brings the characters alive - the writing is also quite good (judging from the prologue) the characters have much more personality.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Mila's Turnwheel is such a great mechanic. It's saved me from restarting twice due to Silque dying. :D I've thought of some other uses for it but telling those would involve spoilers.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Yeah, normal difficulty has been a little easy so far, but it's been fun. The maps are pretty much how I remembered them in Gaiden for the most part (not really a good thing, lol) The game does have excellent presentation with full voice acting, which surprised me.

I went with Archer for Tobin, Mage for Kliff, Mercenary for Gray, and Pegasus Knight for Faye.

Also, Celica is a beast.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm currently stuck dealing with an enemy unit with a leather shield. And Silque's Nosferatu always keep missing.

Might wanna consider grinding in the Thieves Hideout until your units could get promoted maybe. Lukas becomes handy against that merc when he becomes a knight.

Yeah, normal difficulty has been a little easy so far, but it's been fun. The maps are pretty much how I remembered them in Gaiden for the most part (not really a good thing, lol) The game does have excellent presentation with full voice acting, which surprised me.

I went with Archer for Tobin, Mage for Kliff, Mercenary for Gray, and Pegasus Knight for Faye.

Also, Celica is a beast.

Mmm, Hard Mode Classic has been pretty easy too... or maybe I'm just more used to Lunatic Conquest. ;v;

I went with your builds too except I went with Cleric!Faye since its nice having two Clerics too.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I went with your builds too except I went with Cleric!Faye since its nice having two Clerics too.
    Same as you, Dragon! The others had hints towards them so I went with that, but I couldn't find anything for Faye.

Only got Clair so far so not that well into the game. Quite enjoying it so far. Voice acting is great and the writing is solid so far. Shaping up to be a superior story to the mess that was Fates. Combat animations here are pretty neat too imo! Wish examining movement wasn't so slow...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Faye definitely seems she'd be a Cleric/Priest just by her design and personality. I went with Pegasus Knight because that's her class in Fire Emblem Cipher (TCG) I think I would have gone with Cleric had I known that Clair joins soon after.

Spoiler:

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Guys this maybe the best FE game on the 3ds... MY GOSH THIS GAME IS SO FREAKIN GOOD OMFG!!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*
    I promoted my Feye into a cleric since I knew I would get a pegasus knight... wanted to make her an archer tho. Since I got her in Heroes.

Thank god that the treehouse didn't localize this after they destroyed Fates plot and characters. It's good that Nintendo actual man up to their mistake.

8 - 4 localized this game (The same guys who did awakening) and you can see just how adept they are at their job. The writing is great, the voice direction is amazing, and they didn't cut content or heavily alter anything... or replace dialogue with stupid memes. Wish they localized fates too.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Might wanna consider grinding in the Thieves Hideout until your units could get promoted maybe. Lukas becomes handy against that merc when he becomes a knight.

Don't I need to reach to lvl 20 before I promote my units to max out their stats?

Thank god that the treehouse didn't localize this after they destroyed Fates plot and characters. It's good that Nintendo actual man up to their mistake.

Fates' story and characters weren't bad because of the localization.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Was not expecting fully voiced Support Conversations! It's such a shame there are so few of them with certain characters only getting supports with 1 or 2 other people.

Have to get use to little quirks like HP costing spells, archers range, and learning spells upon leveling up. {XD}

Back