• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Feedback on The Multiverse!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Share your thoughts, questions, ideas, and requests for the Multiverse! If you'd like to see things added, such as prefix tags or content, that can be discussed here. Share your thoughts on rules you feel are needed and discuss them with your fellow members.

This is YOUR area! Build it as you feel!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Maybe a Discussion tag as well - preferably we'll be making threads where we can more casually talk about worldbuilding mechanics, inspirations, etc. that aren't just world or gallery-type threads.

Also, digging the Rick and Morty reference!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'll still be on the watch for stuff in here that borders too much on RPT or FF&W business haha... But I guess being a bit lenient as we find our footing in this forum is quite alright.

As opposed to a [Discussion] prefix though, I'd like to suggest a stickied DCC. Back in the day when the roleplay section didn't have a proper place (or need) for more general discussions, the DCC was a nice hangout where any general RP topic could be talked about. Same with UG now, isn't it? I feel like that would be a good start to not make things messy when universes get made now.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I made the DCC if that's okay. Title is still subject to change.

Also, I went ahead and made a Discord server. It's not yet fully operational though so yeah.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I made the DCC if that's okay. Title is still subject to change.

Also, I went ahead and made a Discord server. It's not yet fully operational though so yeah.
    If it seems like the DCC is not good enough for the growing community's chit chatting, could we start with a Multiverse channel on the main PC Discord server first? That might also make people interested who lurk discord but might not have noticed this forum yet, rather than lead them away from our other server. Since other sections have channels too, I don't think it would be a too odd thing to try.

Also can we note down in eventual forum rules that thread creators can post in succession as many times as they like? Like in A&D and FF&W. So people don't report double posts hehe.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I thought that was already a given, since some of us would want it to be solely on worldbuilding and nothing else tho. But yeah, I agree nontheless :3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I see a lot of potential for actual discussion about worldbuilding though, so I think a discussion tag would be relevant? Rather than just a channel, I've always prefered to have an easily accessible record of ideas and lengthy discussion. Maybe starting out with tags [Discussion] and [World] so it's easy to filter, and deciding if we need to further expand the [World] category once we see what people are prone to doing?

Years
    I see a lot of potential for actual discussion about worldbuilding though, so I think a discussion tag would be relevant? Rather than just a channel, I've always prefered to have an easily accessible record of ideas and lengthy discussion. Maybe starting out with tags [Discussion] and [World] so it's easy to filter, and deciding if we need to further expand the [World] category once we see what people are prone to doing?

Seconding this actually.
    If we ever discuss anything really in-depth for an extended period of time, a DCC isn't really the best place for it and it'd be nice to have a public record of such conversations for reference.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Discussion and World tags seems the way to go. For now there's no much feedback to give. Someone should think about a funny event to get this ball rolling.
    Did you see Juno's 30 days of world building? (:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I agree! I think the definition of a "world" can totally deviate from thread to thread. Like say you want to concentrate on one region, country, city- yeah sure! But also you could do a planet, solar system, galaxy. However big or small you want to focus, it can totally have a home here. :) I actually have both a city-focus and a galaxy-focus in (half-assed) development~

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Nah, I don't think so. If this is to be a resource forum, and not a forum where active upkeep is a big requirement (though really preferred imo), then I'd like to see as many ideas pass through as possible!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    No restrictions really seem necessary. I'd hate to stifle creativity or force people to a specific maximum of threads. (Speaking as a member here, not an admin - this is a democratic area after all!)

Years
    I'm in agreement that we shouldn't cap the number of threads someone can have. It feels like it goes against the spirit of things here to stifle creativity like that ad ultimately the number of threads someone makes will be limited by their ability to maintain them anyway.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I don't see any problem with a few threads, as long as it's reasonable ofc. don't want spam :p

Back