• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Fifth Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Not sure if you have BW's sequel on hand, but I don't recommend jumping straight into White 2 after you finish White. While there are more differences than say, Sapphire compared to Emerald, there are still a lot of the same areas and you may feel burnt out if you go right into it after you finish your playthrough of White. I know you didn't really ask that, but I thought I'd say something about it.

I don't know if the general overworld graphics will blow you away compared to SoulSilver, but I'm sure you'll really like the battle screen with the animated sprites. It's pretty awesome and I still prefer it to the current generation's battle screen and 3D models.

Years
  • Not sure if you have BW's sequel on hand, but I don't recommend jumping straight into White 2 after you finish White. While there are more differences than say, Sapphire compared to Emerald, there are still a lot of the same areas and you may feel burnt out if you go right into it after you finish your playthrough of White. I know you didn't really ask that, but I thought I'd say something about it.

I don't know if the general overworld graphics will blow you away compared to SoulSilver, but I'm sure you'll really like the battle screen with the animated sprites. It's pretty awesome and I still prefer it to the current generation's battle screen and 3D models.

Ah thanks, I was actually wondering about that too. Good to know. I dont have White2 yet anyway.
    I wish I wasnt that bad at determining how long should the pause be.
    I could play PMD or Ranger game in between but I dont know if that will take away from the fifth generation, I still want to remember some major moments from White since White2 is a sequel :D

Hikamaru thank you too :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ah thanks, I was actually wondering about that too. Good to know. I dont have White2 yet anyway.
    I wish I wasnt that bad at determining how long should the pause be.
    I could play PMD or Ranger game in between but I dont know if that will take away from the fifth generation, I still want to remember some major moments from White since White2 is a sequel :D

Hikamaru thank you too :)

This might come off as a strange way to transition, but you could play a short game from another series before going from White to White 2. That way you not only won't be burnt out on Unova, but Pokemon as a whole. Plus, if you pick something short, you won't be spending too much time on it and you'll be back to Pokemon pretty quickly, but not too quickly. I hope that kind of makes sense, haha.

Years
  • This might come off as a strange way to transition, but you could play a short game from another series before going from White to White 2. That way you not only won't be burnt out on Unova, but Pokemon as a whole. Plus, if you pick something short, you won't be spending too much time on it and you'll be back to Pokemon pretty quickly, but not too quickly. I hope that kind of makes sense, haha.

Yeah it makes sense :D

I assume between PMD Sky and PRanger Guardian signs, PRanger is a better choice, right? Considering PMD can basically go on forever and even its main story is pretty long?

(my bad if this is going to far into offtopic)

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
    Years
  • Hello, I'm pretty sure this question has an obvious answer, but since Nintendo shut down internet services for BW/BW2 and I can't obtain a FC anymore, am I still able to trade Pokemon (wirelessly/infrared)?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2015
    Need help. Battle Points

Playing white 2 and I need help getting as many battle points as I can which is methods give out the most BP

Years
  • Well, are there any particular items you're trying to get? The only areas you can get BP are the Battle Subway and the PWT, and those aren't just ones that hand wins to you...

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2015
    Well, are there any particular items you're trying to get? The only areas you can get BP are the Battle Subway and the PWT, and those aren't just ones that hand wins to you...
    I'm trying to get all Ev training items and TMs then some battle items

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2015
    I'm trying to figure out if PWT or Battle Subway will give more BP points and I know battle subway has a series of 7 fights before getting any battle points and pwt has four fights till you receive any I just don't know how much

Years
  • For the PWT, here is a list of the amount of Battle Points every type of tournament can give you after you win them. As for the Battle Subway, that can be found here - you'll gain 16 BP in total each time you complete a run through the Singles or Doubles circuit, but with the Super trains it gradually increases.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2015
    For the PWT, here is a list of the amount of Battle Points every type of tournament can give you after you win them. As for the Battle Subway, that can be found here - you'll gain 16 BP in total each time you complete a run through the Singles or Doubles circuit, but with the Super trains it gradually increases.
    Thanks man this helps alot...so what im going to do is grind in singles subway till i get ev training items (ev training is just a pain in the thumbs right now) once i get items and decent team then im taking on masters

Years
  • Both have their pros and cons, so I'd be happy to go through them with you.

Golurk is a physical attacker so moves like Shadow Punch and Earthquake are essential to have, as well as being able to use Fly. Although it's held back by common weaknesses (Ghost, Dark, Grass, Ice and Water) and also being very slow, along with having a potentially useless ability (Klutz) so you'd have to at least hope you get one with Iron Fist to make use of all the punching moves it gets, such as Shadow Punch and the elemental punch trio (Fire Punch, Thunder Punch and Ice Punch, which are all tutor moves) but it still hits hard when trained correctly.

Chandelure on the other hand is a really powerful special attacker thanks to having a massive 145 base Sp. Attack, and it learns very reliable special STAB moves in Shadow Ball and Flame Burst, which you can eventually replace with Flamethrower and/or Fire Blast. It can also use the Grass-type Energy Ball for a handy coverage move that counters most of its weaknesses (Rock, Ground, Water) and both of its abilities, Flash Fire and Flame Body are good. In fact the latter is handy if you want to hatch eggs quickly.

Just take these into consideration and pick which suits your team better. Good luck with your playthrough and I'm sure you'll enjoy Unova just as much as I did myself.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2018
    Hey anyone. I'm currently training some Pokemon to get those Challenge Medals and there's a question running through my mind:
    What about the dual-typed ones? For example, there are very few Pokemon whose type is ONLY Steel. What if I add a Bronzong, whose type is Steel/Psychic? Will I still get the medal for beating the EliteFour with only Steel-typed Pokemon?

Thank you everyone. I don't want to try it and then be like "Wtf, why did I not get the medal?" ^^;

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hey anyone. I'm currently training some Pokemon to get those Challenge Medals and there's a question running through my mind:
    What about the dual-typed ones? For example, there are very few Pokemon whose type is ONLY Steel. What if I add a Bronzong, whose type is Steel/Psychic? Will I still get the medal for beating the EliteFour with only Steel-typed Pokemon?

Thank you everyone. I don't want to try it and then be like "Wtf, why did I not get the medal?" ^^;
    It doesn't matter if they're dual typed or not. As long as the party shares one type, you'll get the medal for that type. So like, using a team of Bronzong/Ferrothorn/Skarmory/Klinklang or something will get you the Steel type medal.

I think that you can actually do 2 types at once. Pretty sure I got both the Dragon and Electric medals (and the solo one) when I wrecked the Elite 4 with my Zekrom. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2018
    It doesn't matter if they're dual typed or not. As long as the party shares one type, you'll get the medal for that type. So like, using a team of Bronzong/Ferrothorn/Skarmory/Klinklang or something will get you the Steel type medal.
    I think that you can actually do 2 types at once. Pretty sure I got both the Dragon and Electric medals (and the solo one) when I wrecked the Elite 4 with my Zekrom. But I'm not 100% sure on that.

Whoaw, thanks for that quick answer :) That makes creating a matching team a lot easier.
    For the idea with Zekrom, I'll see if I beat the EliteFour with my Reshiram ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back