• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Final Fantasy Fan Club

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Have you ever cried while playing a square game or cried at some event that took place in a square game?

Eh... not really. Games don't actually get me teary. I do get emotional over OTPs though, but it really depends. Like... one example would be Serah x Snow. I love them so much that I remember possibly getting upset over their story. It was so sad and heart-wrenching seeing how much he loved her and would do anything for her. <3 Mind you, Serah x Snow are a lot like me and my boyfriend too.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Username: Magic
    Topic answer: "What do you think about characters dying?" I mean... I try to avoid it - but it's a game right? If they die I'll just life them.
    Final Fantasy games you've owned: I/II, (GBA version) III (DS?), VI, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII-Revenant Wings, XIII, XIII-2, XIII-LR, FFXIV original, FFXIV:RR, FFTx2
    Choose a FF character to represent you: I think I'm a mix of Wakka and Lulu I may well be their child. I'm often silly and lighthearted, but I can ground myself quickly and I do love a bit of sarcastic shaming :P.

I'm currently addicted to FFXIV:RR ;-; It's far too good for an MMO. Excited for FFXV though! If it ever materialises...

Wow I'm so sorry I know this post is like crazy old but I completely missed you. Welcome to the club.

Username: Rabinov
    Topic answer: I haven't physically cried whilst playing a Final Fantasy game; the closest I have got to upset was mostly through Final Fantasy 9. That game was filled with the things!
    [Spoiler tags incase someone hasn't played through it]

Spoiler:

Final Fantasy games you've owned: I have had a copy of Final Fantasy 1 through to 14 at some point in my life, I've owned Tactics and Tactics Advance, I have a copy also of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles.
    Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): I'd say Balthier.

Welcome to the club!

For me personally I haven't ever cried at a square game, however there have been a lot of times when I was left speechless or a feeling of 'wtf just happened?'

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    For me personally I haven't ever cried at a square game, however there have been a lot of times when I was left speechless or a feeling of 'wtf just happened?'

The "OH NO THEY DIDN'T" reaction is an all too common one on my end. Especially with deaths.

Followed by denial and the hope of reversal.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The "OH NO THEY DIDN'T" reaction is an all too common one on my end. Especially with deaths. Followed by denial and the hope of reversal.

I just hate it when the characters die and they were one of my favorite characters so I spent extra time leveling them up. And it especially sucks when you don't see it coming and you don't have time to remove their equipment beforehand and then you have to buy it all over again. No sadness, just anger and upset.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm a little embarrassed to admit it since almost no one else here seems to have cried over these games, but I guess I cry rather easily at fiction/sad stories in general. Ending of Crisis Core made me cry, as mentioned (for more details, please see my stupidly long post in the 30 Days of Gaming thread), as well as Aerith's death, ending of Final Fantasy X - even Shuyin and Lenne's story in FFX-2 made me tear up. Basically anything even remotely sad or touching. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
    Years
  • I want to join!

Username: Yukiyo Kayume
    Which character do you think is the strongest? T.G. Cid, hands down (Cloud summoning Knights of the Round doesn't count)
    Final Fantasy games you've owned: Final Fantasy...
    and the Crystal Bearer, Crystal Chronicles, Crisis Core, Tactics, 4 (just bought it!), 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, 12, 13, 13-2 and soon 14 ....wow, I'm more of an FF fangirl than I thought ahahaha.
    Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Celes from FF6

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I want to join!

Username: Yukiyo Kayume
    Which character do you think is the strongest? T.G. Cid, hands down (Cloud summoning Knights of the Round doesn't count)
    Final Fantasy games you've owned: Final Fantasy...
    and the Crystal Bearer, Crystal Chronicles, Crisis Core, Tactics, 4 (just bought it!), 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 11, 12, 13, 13-2 and soon 14 ....wow, I'm more of an FF fangirl than I thought ahahaha.
    Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Celes from FF6

Welcome to the club friend!

New topic time.

What are some of your favorite quotes from square games?

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to some of my favorite quotes from Square games, here are some of my favorites:

"I, Garland, will knock you all down!" - Garland, Final Fantasy I

"You spoony bard!" - Tellah, Final Fantasy IV

"Enough expository banter! Now, we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh... IT IS MORPHING TIME!" - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

"Leg cramp" - Laguna, Final Fantasy VIII and Dissidia 012 duodecim Final Fantasy

"Might I mention that the mouse is (zoom in) SMACK! (zoom out) dab in the middle of enemy territory" - Kefka, Dissidia Final Fantasy and Dissidia 012 duodecim Final Fantasy

"My name is Gato,
    I have metal joints,
    Beat me up,
    And earn fifteen silver points!" - Gato, Chrono Trigger

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Some of my favorites:

Apparently some people think FF II was a terrible game, I for one think it was pretty great and it has some really nice quotes.

"All those who live must some day die. It is our fate."
    ―Minwu, Final Fantasy II

"Reluctance to forgive has long been a human failing. It is man's nature to sin, yet you answer sin with violence upon violence. Is that not itself a sin?"
    ―Emperor Mateus, Final Fantasy II

"Guy speak beaver."
    ―Guy, Final Fantasy II

"The gift that Noah gave Xande--mortality--is the greatest gift of all."
    ―Unei, Final Fantasy III

"Being able to die is a great gift...? I still don't get it..."
    ―Luneth, Final Fantasy III

"But anger never bears true strength, and it blinds you."
    ―Rubicante to Edge, Final Fantasy IV

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!"
    ―Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

"I heard a meteorite landed near Tycoon. Too bad it didn't land on my mother-in-law..."
    ―An NPC in Carwen, Final Fantasy V

"To tell you the truth... I worry too much about what others think of me. I hate that side of me... That's why I didn't want anyone to get to know me. I wanted to hide that side of myself. I hate it. Squall is an unfriendly introverted guy. It made it easy for me when people perceived me that way. That's a secret between you and me. Got that?"
    ―Squall, Final Fantasy VIII

"This is reality. No one can help you. Sit back and enjoy the show."
    ―Edea, Final Fantasy VIII

"Peace is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past... Though we hope for promising years. After shedding a thousand tears, yesterday's sorrow constantly nears. And while the moon still shines blue, by dawn, it will turn to scarlet hue."
    ―Kuja, Final Fantasy IX

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!"
    ―Auron, Final Fantasy X

"We call it Sin."
    ―Auron to Tidus, Final Fantasy X

"Sin is cursed. Sin prays. It curses its form, it prays for dissolution. Sin sees dreams of its own destruction. Sin is looking at us. We live in a fading echo of time left us by the destroyer. Free him from Yu Yevon. Free him....the fayth that has become sin."
    ―Valefor's fayth, Final Fantasy X

"I always knew Fran didn't take well to being tied up. I just never knew how much. (to Ashe) How about you?"
    ―Balthier, Final Fantasy XII

Balthier: "You made your Nethicite for this. You mimic your Occuria's Stone for what? To become a god yourself?"
    Dr. Cid: "On whose shoulders better to stand than those of the would-be gods!"
    — At the Sun-Cryst, Final Fantasy XII

"But, you know, no matter how hard we try, we can't change the past. There's nothing that can bring them back. Still, sometimes, when I close my eyes… I can see them so clearly."
    ―Penelo, Final Fantasy XII

"The Illusions of the past. You think to have cast them off, only to find them years later, unwearying, unrelenting. The past can bind a man as surely as irons."
    ―Reddas, Final Fantasy XII

"You don't believe in anything. You gave up on life before you were even born. Sat poisoning Cocoon from the inside, waiting for someone to come and destroy you. Sure, you think the end of the world is salvation. All you care about is death's release. So take it, and leave the rest of us alone. We don't think like that. When we think there's no hope left, we keep looking until we find some. Maybe Cocoon is past saving, but it's our home. And we'll protect it or die trying! We live to make the impossible possible. That is our Focus!"
    ―Lightning to Orphan, Final Fantasy XIII

"All this dampness is damp."
    ―Sazh Katzroy, Final Fantasy XIII

This list was longer than I had intended.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    One of my absolute favorite exchanges ever is probably from FFX - it was one of the random battle lines; if you have Wakka, Lulu and Yuna in your party:

Yuna: A lot of fiends here, ya?
    Lulu: ...Don't talk like that.​

TWEWY also has a lot of good quotes. Besides Joshua, Neku's also pretty funny when he's not being a weepy, emo teen.

Har har. You're killing me, Josh. Oh, wait...

I think they design traps like this with people like you in mind.​

I do have a lot of more 'serious' quotes that I like, but these popped into mind first. :P

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I found pretty much every exchange between Barthandelus and the party in FFXIII to be rewarding, considering the monologues from him are the few pieces of dialogue with any vocal gravitas. He gives off a Palpatine vibe; if Palpatine had the voice of say, Jeremy Irons.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • "Y...R...P in position. It's showtime girls!" - Rikku

"I'm gonna kick you in the spleen!" - Rikku

So, obviously I'm a huge fan or Rikku lol. I absolutely love Tara Strong as well. <3

Also, I love when Axel and Roxas are talking. Axel is trying to keep Roxas from leaving...

Roxas: No one would miss me.

Axel: That's not true! I would...

Can I just fucking scream over this? Because I absolutely love AkuRoku. Yes, I admit to being a total AkuRoku fangirl. Lol deal with it. Anyway, I can't really think of anything else because it's been ages since I've really played any of the games in all honesty. I seriously need to get back into FFX/X-2 once my j-rock addiction dies for a while... whenever that will be. Probably never lol

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'ma bump this up right quick and see if we can't get a little more out of this topic. Besides just simply listing your favorite quotes you can also talk to others about why certain quotes were their favorites. Be friends with each other. :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Nobody likes quotes. So here's something new.

Did you buy Type-0? What did you think of it? What did you think of the XV demo?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Oh hey, this place is alive after all! That's nice.

Can I join? I like Final Fantasy! I like it a little bit too much actually, but I still like it!
    Final Fantasy Fan Club

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Oh hey, this place is alive after all! That's nice.

Can I join? I like Final Fantasy! I like it a little bit too much actually, but I still like it!
    Final Fantasy Fan Club

Yup :) I wanted to get a little more activity out of the last topic but it's whatever.

You can join, just fill out the sign up on the first page real quick and you'll be good to go :)

Years
  • Nobody likes quotes. So here's something new.

Did you buy Type-0? What did you think of it? What did you think of the XV demo?

Type-0 was always on my wishlist ever since it was announced and released in Japan. Waited 4 years for it to be localized and after seeing my excitement, my boyfriend kindly pre-ordered the collector's edition as a Secret Santa gift c: I've only played about an hour of the game since time has been scarce lately and the camera angling doesn't help with the oncoming nauseousness, but I will report back later should I actually get somewhere with the game!

XV: Episode Duscae, on the other hand, was amazing! I found myself over-leveling the characters even though it's only a demo, but wanted to make sure I wouldn't be stomped on. I was originally kind of iffy on the whole returning to base to level up and gain experience idea, but I think I might be able to work with it, even though it's relatively different from previous level systems in the Final Fantasy franchise. I definitely want this game to come sooner rather than later, but can't rush perfection.

Years

• Username: ComicFanatic
    Topic answer: Haven't got a PS4 or Xbox One, though XV looks good.
    FF games you've owned: I,II,III,VII,X,XII
    Choose a FF character to represent you (optional):Haven't got one to represent me but my favorite from each:
    VII: Vincent/Tifa
    X: Auron
    XII: The Sky Pirates!

My favorite is FFX, I love it so much, I spent 60 hours in Omega Ruins grinding.
    Please let me in, I love this series so much, I even play the music on the piano.

Years
  • Username: ComicFanatic
    Topic answer: Haven't got a PS4 or Xbox One, though XV looks good.
    FF games you've owned: I,II,III,VII,X,XII
    Choose a FF character to represent you (optional):Haven't got one to represent me but my favorite from each:
    VII: Vincent/Tifa
    X: Auron
    XII: The Sky Pirates!

My favorite is FFX, I love it so much, I spent 60 hours in Omega Ruins grinding.
    Please let me in, I love this series so much, I even play the music on the piano.

I was confused as to why there would be an empty post, but turns out your font happened to be white.

Back