• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

find her yet? ✜ HOMESTUCK fanclub

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I put in your chumhandles :3 And also added my own, relentlessDelusion idk haha

I am in the mood for Act 1-2 shenanigans. When Homestuck was cute and silly. How can people not enjoy the first acts?

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
immaculateTypist [IT] opened memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub

IT: It is impossible not to like the first two acts. I've had friends get lost in it, but heck, they weren't accustomed to the insanity that was MSPA back then. I actually have one friend who was head over heels over the first act.
IT: I AM A PROUD HUSSIONARY, OKAY?
IT: But yeah, it was was actually a relief to see so many words outside of pesterlogs again. I loved it.
IT: Also, I guess it's kinda three days late to post this, but oh well, as well as starting to use Chumhandles. So many things that need to be done in preparation of so many things!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
relentlessDelusion [RD] joined memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub

RD: I tried to get my siblings to read it.
RD: my brother forgot about it quickly and didn't feel like picking it up again when I reminded him,
RD: and my sister never really understood anything and just found it weird :p

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
classyArachnid [CA] joined memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub

CA: i dont really ask anyone to read homestuck
CA: sounds complicated~
CA: so what is your inspiration to your chumhandles dweebs?​

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
spicyTaco [ST] joined memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub

ST: I've told most of my friends irl that they should read it.
ST: But out of all of them, only one kept reading till Act 6 Act 2
ST: The rest just found it stupid and obnoxious to keep up with.
ST: And they kept telling me the plot lacks all sense.
ST: And we all know that making no sense is how homestuck /makes/ sense.
ST: As for CA's question, there really isn't much backstory to my chum handle.
ST: I was trying to nickname an Absol in Pokemon X...
ST: And it turns out you can't call it "Spicy Taco" for some reason :<
ST: And so, here we are.
ST: Yes, such deep emotional story behind my handle indeed!​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

RD: I actually just thought about what fit me :3
RD: hey, instead of rereading the whole thing together,
RD: maybe we can just discuss the pages in order?
RD: often, those were the ones that provoked the strongest emotions and memories.
RD: I'll present one or several at a time and we'll just chat about our memories and feelings around them!
RD: or?

First up for discussion/chat:

John: Play haunting piano refrain.
The very first page in Homestuck, where John just plays one of the most iconic tunes of the comic; Showtime.

and

==>
Which is where John gets out to get the mail and we just see his neighborhood... and his arm! :O

We can take the following two at the same time as well, since they mostly just introduce the STRIFE system and DAD.

John: Enter.

and

STRIFE!

RD: so what do these early flash pages make you guys feel and think and remember?
RD: :3

Salzorrah

Years
CA: i feel so weird to see those first flash pages and i d k why?
CA: maybe because its the building blocks of the whole animation scheme?
CA: i think you can still visit the pages without the hand iirc​

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
golgothasTerror [GT] joined memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub

GT: I suppose that my username is a chumhandle so by all accounts i should try to stay in character shouldnt i?? Yes. Right. Good then!
GT: I sincerely hope no one minds if i jump into this topic!
GT: I suppose.. that those flashes.. for me theyre nostalgic?? but then they also have a habit of reminding of me how simple homestuck used to be. You know. In comparison to what it is now. which is certainly barely much of a laughing matter!!
GT: Also that no one is stuck inside theyre friggin house anymore...
GT: And the animation and art are tons better now even though the style is much the same.​

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
immaculateTypist [IT] opened memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub

IT: My chumhandle is practically based on who I am, which is, well, I'm immaculate simply by being here, and type enough to consider myself a "typist" of sorts.
IT: Anyways, all those flashes remind me of is well... those days when Homestuck was extremely humorous and simpler than it is now.
IT: Like, there was no paradox space or god tier or denizens or anything.
IT: Just Data Structures for ********.
IT: I guess I'm just rephrasing what GT said, but yeah.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

RD: oh haha, Kenneth, I didn't realize that you were DeLaMuerte when I saw you in the RPC xD
RD: name changes, confuses the world :p
RD: yeah, when I see all these old flash pages, I get nostalgic.
RD: even though it was only a year and a half ago I read them for the first time.
RD: how about this then...

==>
When John has pressed ENTER on the keyboard and installing SBURB. I remember feeling such a thrill when watching this. Like, oh now something's happening. Something other than strifing with cake and wearing costumes.

==>
Then we have this, the prototyping of the kernelsprite with the harlequin doll. I remember thinking "oh, this is somehow really cool. Iconic! This is a character so unique that it feels like I've seen it somewhere and finally will get to know what it really is." Not sure it really turned out like that, haha, but that was what I was thinking at the time.

John: Take bite of apple.
This should be the best, first flash of Homestuck. It's when I thought "okay what is going on why is there a meteor oh god he has to survive this is pretty surreal". Especially coupled with ==>

YOU THERE. BOY.
The first flash game of Homestuck :D and one of the funniest still. You could click almost everything and get WV to say something about it. And is it Hussie who replies? Idek anymore. When I first came to this point, I thought for a moment that the rest of Homestuck would be a game rather than a comic and was overjoyed hahaha. But it's okay, I wasn't too disappointed when the comic continued. The flash game could get annoying after a while. But I wonder what style Hussie will use for the upcoming adventure game...

Salzorrah

Years
CA: ah yes rika those flash pages are simply divine~
CA: i am just waiting for like a new album to listen through the gigapause is a nice gift for christmas
CA: now that i think of it
CA: i think homestuck would likely end on the 5 year mark
CA: its obviously not going to end on christmas or something :/​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

RD: I really want a new album yeah! been too long ;;
RD: I'm craving Homstuck Vol 10
RD: I don't think Homestuck will end in april because the megapause will likely last for more months
RD: and he can't just skim through Act 6 Act 6 and Act 7 that quickly
RD: there will be an Act 7 I'm sure ;; I think he said so at some point
RD: where's that pic with the sundown over the sea?
RD: that showed all the acts
RD: the one Spades Slick was looking at when he came to Hussie's mansion thingy

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
palaDolby became part of memo on board BUCKETS! ✜ HOMESTUCK Fanclub.

PD: Goodness me, has it been awhile, club.
PD: The flash pages, omg.
PD: Here's a secret, I usually don't play the flash pages.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
PD: Here's a secret, I usually don't play the flash pages.
¨
wait what

WAIT WHAT

But those are the best parts! You HAVE seen WV: Ascend and Descend I hope?

And the one where Jade dreams whatever it's called, and the one where Aradia ascends and and

Salzorrah

Years
CA: Shooshpap RD

tumblr_mb6hevQrai1rcqxhvo1_500.gif

It seems that your friend Rika is distraught! You try to comfort her by shooshpapping or atleast show her a gif of shooshpapping like the aforementioned gif above this text. You contemplate how annoying writing this text in THIS format. Ugh, who would be in the right mind of writing in this format anyways?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
RD: Continue to flail about.

00435.gif

It seems like shoosh-papping won't help here. You simply can't understand how someone can skip the flash pages of Homestuck, the pages who are, not even arguably, the most eventful in the whole comic. You do, however, agree that typing like this is a bit strange. But also strangely fun.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
PD: UMMMMM. I mean, okay, I skip SOME OF them when I'm in a rush!
PD: But not...ALL OF THEM!
PD: I PROMISE!

PD: I loved the ones I did play, though!

Salzorrah

Years
CA: oh
CA: well im glad to hear that you have atleast saw some of the flashes
CA: like for instance, cascade?
CA: or maybe caliborn's take over?
CA: OR ATLEAST THE END OF ACT 3 :[​

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
Years
Username: TheZenTraveler

Chumhandle: [DW] dreamWalker

Prospit Dreamer

How far have you read: I'm in act 5 just after you meet Eridan.

Flash Pages: What can I say, I often find myself watching the rather long Flash pages multiple times just to get a better handle on things... My favorite being Descend because... Squiddles... No really it's because of everything that happened, and since my favorite beta kid is Jade... I'm intrigued as to whats up with bec as well as what's gonna happen to her...

I would Like to mention as well, that I visited this club a few weeks ago having no clue what Homestuck was... and because you sparked my interest... I checked it out, and I'm very happy I did ^-^ so thanks!

Salzorrah

Years
Username: TheZenTraveler

Chumhandle: [DW] dreamWalker

Prospit Dreamer

How far have you read: I'm in act 5 just after you meet Eridan.

Flash Pages: What can I say, I often find myself watching the rather long Flash pages multiple times just to get a better handle on things... My favorite being Descend because... Squiddles... No really it's because of everything that happened, and since my favorite beta kid is Jade... I'm intrigued as to whats up with bec as well as what's gonna happen to her...

I would Like to mention as well, that I visited this club a few weeks ago having no clue what Homestuck was... and because you sparked my interest... I checked it out, and I'm very happy I did ^-^ so thanks!

CA: dude welcome to the club!
CA: i am just happy to see you like homestuck coz of us :33
CA: now that i think of it
CA: i wish i had the time to reread homestuck to the start
CA: ive been babbling about it but aint got the time :/​

Back