• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Fortune Cup

Years

• Fortune Cup

Welcome to the Fortune Cup, where victory equals a healthy payday and defeat means scrabbling for spare cash. The Fortune Cup is a different breed of competition that your typical OU or RU tournaments, it will primarily test your luck and your ability to make do with what you get. Though of course, the wealthier you are, the more you can twist the odds in your favour.

How This Works

If you want to join the fun, just post in the thread saying you're in. After that, you will be RNGd eight Pokemon you can use to make your team or teams. That's where things get exciting, because your Pokemon could be literally anything. You might find you get your hands on an uber like Rayquaza or Arceus, or you might have the misfortune of RNGing a Caterpie or Sunkern.

You can use those eight random Pokemon in any configurations you want and with any EVs, IVs, moves or Ability's you want (as long as they can legally have them). We'll be playing in the Anything Goes tier, that means Dynamax, Mega Evolution and Z-moves (a max of one each) are also fair game. The main thing here is that you must use a full team of six.

"What if all eight of my Pokemon are bad?" I hear you asking. Don't worry, that's where capitalism comes in. You see, every win will earn you 10 coins and every loss will earn you five. Between battles, you can PM me and spend coins in lots of five to have me RNG new potential team members for you (without you losing any of your previous eight). Additionally, every three losses you experience, you can ask me to RNG you another Pokemon for free. Be careful with how you spend your coins though, because the winner of the Fortune Cup is also determined by who has the most coins at the end!

At times, you can expect to see some special Fortune Events pop in the the thread too. Depending on what you do during those events, you may unlock free Pokemon, earn bonus coins or be less fortunate and suffer something more detrimental instead.

Please keep in mind, the best chance at victory you have is to battle as much as possible. There's no limit to the number of times you can battle someone, and the more you battle the more coins you earn and the more chances you have to obtain better Pokemon. You do need to keep track of your wins and losses and your coin total in a single post in this thread though. Anything else will not be counted.

The Fortune Cup will run through the entirety of the GT, from July 5th to July 19th.

Battle Rules

Some battle specific rules to note! While technically the Fortune Cup uses the Anything Goes format - meaning you can use any Pokemon, have the same Pokemon on your team twice (if you RNG it twice) and use Dynamax, Z-Moves and Megas - the other battle rules we will be using are more akin to Ubers. Those rules are as follows:

- Sleep Clause: You may only put a single member of your opponent's party to sleep at a time.
    - Evasion Clause: You may not use Double Team or Minimize.
    - OHKO Clause: OHKO moves like Fissure and Sheet Cold are banned.
    - Endless Battle Clause: You cannot force a battle that can't end without someone forfeiting.

All battles are to be had on PC's Battle Server and are best of one. Let's keep those coins flowing fast, it's better for the market. You must provide replay links to your battles when recording your wins and losses in this thread.

Get-Together Points

As said previously, placement in the Fortune Cup is determined by how many coins you have at the end. Here's what you earn for your team for participating and placing!

Participation (at least three battles): 50pts
    Third: 100pts
    Second: 200pts
    First: 300pts

Participants

5qwerty
    Cubeth
    Radio
    Sheep
    Bowsori
    AceTrainerSlash
    HeroLinik
    WizardOfOdd
    Aquacorde
    Dragon
    Aslan
    A Mango
    Tigearthzap

Important: Remember to ask for the opt-in Discord role (Fortune Cup) so people looking for battles can easily contact you.

Last edited:
    Years
  • First time participant joining in

Bring it. I'm also going to join.

This is very cool. Count me in!

Sounds awesome, I'm in!

I'm really not the greatest battler out there but I do like me some randbats, so, hey, why not, right?

hell yea im up

Just as a heads up, since I forgot to mention, the opt-in roll on Discord is just Fortune Cup.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Joining!

Spoiler:

Total: 205 Coins

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Spoiler:

Total coins: 515

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Total coins: 180

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok my records go here I guess:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years