• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Four Seasons: A Celebration of Life

Years
  • The real treat this summer has been the gardenias, the bushes are really beautifully blossoming now, just putting a single flower or two in a vase makes the whole room seem filled with exotic, rich incense. Succulent!

In my country Father's Day is in the month of June, the 21st of June this year to be precise. I haven't come up with a present idea for dad yet, though there's still time. My mother is easy to buy presents for because she usually knows exactly what she wants, and will give me a catalog with the item she wants circled or email me the listing on the website. It's usually home and garden goods.

My dad is usually like, "Eh, there's nothing I really need. Save your money."

So I am trying to figure what I will get. Non-fiction books and documentaries are usually reliable. He likes the law, politics, world affairs, history. He's a teacher. But I would like to get something extra special and different, especially because we're still practicing some social distancing with the pandemic so we aren't spending as much time together as we normally do around this time of the year when he's not teaching classes. We usually go out to dinner or lunch on his birthday or Father's Day, but neither one of us are fully comfortable eatting in a restaurant right now.

Anybody got any good father's day gift ideas?

Years
  • So how's your autumn going folks?

I'm enjoying my labor day Monday today. My birthday was on Friday, and it has inspired me to make all the fun I had over the weekend known here at The Four Seasons.

My question to members is if your birthday has passed this year, what you did you do to celebrate your special day?

If your birthday hasn't come yet, do you have any ideas for what you're going to do make the holiday a pleasant one?

Celebrating the holidays can be a challenge in an age of social distancing, but I managed to still have a lot of fun. Usually I like to not spend my birthday at home, and instead do things like a girl's night out shopping or at the movies, maybe have dinner at a nice restaurant or see a show, head to the beach if my birthday falls on a weekend. This time I decided to stay at home to avoid large crowds and public areas in order to put health and safety first, but it managed to be one of the best birthdays yet.

I decorated my house with family for the big day using a kit I ordered online. I had many different balloons, some of them were shapes like hearts and flowers, others had stuff inside like glitter and confetti and were designed to pop with good things that fell out like a piñata. I had also some paper garlands to string around the furniture and hang from the walls, pompoms and big signs in gold block letters that said happy birthday. I still have a few decorations up, so I might share photos later.

I filled the house with flowers fresh cut from the garden in my back yard. So we had red roses, yellow, whites, pinks, oranges, some that were two-toned in different vases in each room. I also had giant lotus flowers made out of tissue paper that came straight from my decorating kit, and arranged them on table tops and counters along with origami so there would be surprises everywhere you turn.

I bought a birthday cake to share with everyone that was unique and different. I had never had a chocolate babka before cake, but I'm always ready to try new things, and I ended up liking it quite a bit. It's an Eastern European cake in origin, but what what it reminds me of is chocolate Brioche, just not quite as sweet. I might buy tgis one again some day, maybe I'll try the cinnamon babka variety the store offered had next time. I made a wish of course on my cake.

I received something from my mom and dad, my boyfriend, aunts, uncles and many, many friends. My birthday presents were glorious. I got phone calls and texts, lots of congratulations here on the forum, pretty birthday cards with checks and cash, fan art drawn especially for me, a box of chocolate truffles from a local bakery that had tangerine in some of the candies, coconut shreds on top of the others, then pieces that were solid dark chocolate and a few with chocolate caramel combos, a video tribute, a bouquet of flowers, pokemon memorabilia-- a lucario plushie, a quite realistic ampharos sitting cutie from the pokemon center that brought a smile to my face, and a pikachu beanbag so preciously shaped that makes me squeal every time I see it, a gift card to my favorite sushi place in town, a bottle of sake, and a pullip doll-- the highlight of the evening.

The Pullip was courtesy of my mom, it's Eirene, a doll I have admired since she was released earlier this spring. I love dolls that are fancy and look like royalty. This doll is even more beautiful in person than any pictures show. I was just taken aback when I saw her. I literally gasped. This doll was too breathtaking for me to open at first, and it's very rare for me to hesitate opening a pullip. I'm somebody who likes to interact with and display their dolls, and usually unbox them day 1. When I bought pullip Etoile a summer or two ago she was a remarkable exception that lasted in her box for I believe 24 hours after she arrived. She had such an extraordinary face with those crystals that I couldn't bear to remove her from the box at first, though I eventually cracked.

However, Eirene has outlasted Etoile. She stayed in the box for almost 72 hours. I put her box on the mantelpiece on full display on the living room so everyone could admire her beauty. I am thinking of naming her Rosamund after Rosamund Clifford, the medieval Welsh beauty who captivated King Henry II, or Titania the queen of the fairies from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, or Psyche, the girl from Greek mythology so beautiful that even Eros, son of Aphrodite fell in love with her.

I tried to open Eirene for the last few days, but kelt stopping in my tracks to mesmerized by her glamor. This doll has some magic in her. She's so breathtaking that I am overwhelmed. It's almost a spiritual experience approaching this doll. I finally did unpack her for the first time last night, and she has lost none of her ethereal presence. I keep her separated from all the other dolls because she is so perfect. I am going to get a special glass case for this doll so that nothing may harm her. This is the most beautiful pullip doll I have ever seen in my life, and I have seen many. I can't thank you enough mom!

Again, my photos don't even begin to do her justice. You have to be there to get the full effect of those eyes.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
    Years
  • So how's your autumn going folks?

I'm enjoying my labor day Monday today. My birthday was on Friday, and it has inspired me to make all the fun I had over the weekend known here at The Four Seasons.

My question to members is if your birthday has passed this year, what you did you do to celebrate your special day?

If your birthday hasn't come yet, do you have any ideas for what you're going to do make the holiday a pleasant one?

Celebrating the holidays can be a challenge in an age of social distancing, but I managed to still have a lot of fun. Usually I like to not spend my birthday at home, and instead do things like a girl's night out shopping or at the movies, maybe have dinner at a nice restaurant or see a show, head to the beach if my birthday falls on a weekend. This time I decided to stay at home to avoid large crowds and public areas in order to put health and safety first, but it managed to be one of the best birthdays yet.

I decorated my house with family for the big day using a kit I ordered online. I had many different balloons, some of them were shapes like hearts and flowers, others had stuff inside like glitter and confetti and were designed to pop with good things that fell out like a piñata. I had also some paper garlands to string around the furniture and hang from the walls, pompoms and big signs in gold block letters that said happy birthday. I still have a few decorations up, so I might share photos later.

I filled the house with flowers fresh cut from the garden in my back yard. So we had red roses, yellow, whites, pinks, oranges, some that were two-toned in different vases in each room. I also had giant lotus flowers made out of tissue paper that came straight from my decorating kit, and arranged them on table tops and counters along with origami so there would be surprises everywhere you turn.

I bought a birthday cake to share with everyone that was unique and different. I had never had a chocolate babka before cake, but I'm always ready to try new things, and I ended up liking it quite a bit. It's an Eastern European cake in origin, but what what it reminds me of is chocolate Brioche, just not quite as sweet. I might buy tgis one again some day, maybe I'll try the cinnamon babka variety the store offered had next time. I made a wish of course on my cake.

I received something from my mom and dad, my boyfriend, aunts, uncles and many, many friends. My birthday presents were glorious. I got phone calls and texts, lots of congratulations here on the forum, pretty birthday cards with checks and cash, fan art drawn especially for me, a box of chocolate truffles from a local bakery that had tangerine in some of the candies, coconut shreds on top of the others, then pieces that were solid dark chocolate and a few with chocolate caramel combos, a video tribute, a bouquet of flowers, pokemon memorabilia-- a lucario plushie, a quite realistic ampharos sitting cutie from the pokemon center that brought a smile to my face, and a pikachu beanbag so preciously shaped that makes me squeal every time I see it, a gift card to my favorite sushi place in town, a bottle of sake, and a pullip doll-- the highlight of the evening.

The Pullip was courtesy of my mom, it's Eirene, a doll I have admired since she was released earlier this spring. I love dolls that are fancy and look like royalty. This doll is even more beautiful in person than any pictures show. I was just taken aback when I saw her. I literally gasped. This doll was too breathtaking for me to open at first, and it's very rare for me to hesitate opening a pullip. I'm somebody who likes to interact with and display their dolls, and usually unbox them day 1. When I bought pullip Etoile a summer or two ago she was a remarkable exception that lasted in her box for I believe 24 hours after she arrived. She had such an extraordinary face with those crystals that I couldn't bear to remove her from the box at first, though I eventually cracked.

However, Eirene has outlasted Etoile. She stayed in the box for almost 72 hours. I put her box on the mantelpiece on full display on the living room so everyone could admire her beauty. I am thinking of naming her Rosamund after Rosamund Clifford, the medieval Welsh beauty who captivated King Henry II, or Titania the queen of the fairies from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, or Psyche, the girl from Greek mythology so beautiful that even Eros, son of Aphrodite fell in love with her.

I tried to open Eirene for the last few days, but kelt stopping in my tracks to mesmerized by her glamor. This doll has some magic in her. She's so breathtaking that I am overwhelmed. It's almost a spiritual experience approaching this doll. I finally did unpack her for the first time last night, and she has lost none of her ethereal presence. I keep her separated from all the other dolls because she is so perfect. I am going to get a special glass case for this doll so that nothing may harm her. This is the most beautiful pullip doll I have ever seen in my life, and I have seen many. I can't thank you enough mom!

Again, my photos don't even begin to do her justice. You have to be there to get the full effect of those eyes.

Btw...shiny Dratini was your birthday present lmao.

Years
  • Here in the Northern hemisphere we're well into autumn, and winter is just around the corner.

After a sultry, humid summer it's nice to have this cool down period. Where I live the hot days are gone, it's cool and breezy, yet it's not bitter cold yet. You can still ride your bike outside through the changing leaves or sit out in the garden gazebo under the sun. There are lots of nice things still in bloom, and the skies are clear. The weather is temperate. I really enjoy the smell of the tea olive trees out in our driveway. They bloom in fall, and it's a wondrous, sweet, clean aroma that I can't quite describe, something close to cherry blossom, lilac and maybe baby powder.

Club members, what are some of your favorite things about the fall season?

I mentioned one of mine is the sweet olive trees when they bloom. Autumn in general is a time of intriguing scents, the air is just full of spices. You might get a whiff of nutmeg or cinnamon from pumpkin bread or Moravian cookies being baked. The latter is very important in my town because I live in an old historic city that was once a settlement by the Moravians.

Here at home the smell of hot apple cider, and winter punch is usually on the stove every week now that the weather is appropriate. It's such a nice touch. I really look forward to an evening at home, curling up by the fireside, sipping hot tea in the library. Warm food and drink is good for the soul.

We light fires and candles in this house, and burn frankincense and myrrh to really make it feel like a special time of year.

Another favorite part of autumn to me would be the candy apples. Normally around this time of year it would be carnival season, which means lots of games, rides, animals, music and plenty other tomfoolery at the fairground. My favorite being the food. Lots of whimsical treats start popping up everywhere right about now, including all sorts of candy apples, sugary red ones, caramel apples, chocolate ones, nuts. It's like something dreamed up by Willy Wonka.

Most of all i'm looking forward to Halloween this month. It's one of my favorite holidays. I'm excited about carving a jack-o-lantern, and recycling the seeds to roast some pumpkin seeds as snacks.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • I'm looking forward to my first Samhain observation (Virtual observance from a local group) along with turning 21 in a few weeks and Halloween. Not really too hyped for election day though (US politics are a nightmare at the moment), but still planning ahead for Thanksgiving (I will try to be as safe as possible). On an unrelated note, already planning for Christmas/Yule, involving running a D&D One-Shot since we're probably not making it to church this year (not that I mind skipping church because I'm not a huge fan of the one I'm in). I can post about my Samhain experience, if anybody's interested.

Years
  • I hope everyone had a fun Halloween yesterday. I thought I would ask members here at The Four Seasons, PC's holiday club, if you have any special memories you'd like to share of Halloween this year?

I have a handful of shiny ghost Pokemon to giveaway if anyone in the club is feeling up for a little 3ds trade to commemorate Halloween.

I have 2 adamant shiny shuppet, 1 shiny modest Chandelure and 1 shiny impish Pumpkaboo that would all be eager to be adopted and make mischief in a new home. Let me know. These come on a first come, first serve basis.

Last edited:

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • I couldn't really do much for Halloween/Samhain since I had a bad migraine. I did end up trick-or-treating around the block (one of the neighbors dressed their dog as Chucky and scored two king-sized Hershey's Bars) and a ritual to honor my ancestors. I hope to have something planned on my end for Yule.

Years
  • A little late, but here's my spooky Snapchat for Halloween.

And this is normal me, no filter. I didn't do much for a costume this year since the state is still semi-shutdown. But I put on a witch hat.

I roasted pumpkin seeds, and also did a virtual visit to a friend's wedding, she got married on Halloween with a goth theme. If I get permission from her I'll share her pictures.

I entertained myself by renting half of a dozen supernatural/fantasy, sci-fi and horror movies Halloween weekend from the local library. My selection was Fantastic Beasts 2: Crimes of Grindelwald, Krampus, Arrival, A Quiet Place and a television movie version of The Woman in Black.

My thoughts on each?

Fantastic Beasts 2
    Spoiler:

Krampus
    Spoiler:

Arrival
    Spoiler:

A Quiet Place

Spoiler:

The Woman in Black (1989)

Spoiler:

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
  • I hope everyone had a fun Halloween yesterday. I thought I would ask members here at The Four Seasons, PC's holiday club, if you have any special memories you'd like to share of Halloween this year?

I have a handful of shiny ghost Pokemon to giveaway if anyone in the club is feeling up for a little 3ds trade to commemorate Halloween.

I have 2 adamant shiny shuppet, 1 shiny modest Chandelure and 1 shiny impish Pumpkaboo that would all be eager to be adopted and make mischief in a new home. Let me know. These come on a first come, first serve basis.

I'd like to have the Chandelure.

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
  • I was hoping somebody would adopt this guy. He's beautiful. Alrightie, the Chandelure is yours. Is there a nickname that you would like me to give it for you? It's a male if that helps.

Welcome to The Four Seasons! Adding your name to our member list.

Yes; "Lumiere".

Thanks

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Oh this sounds like a lovely club! Can I join?~
    What's your favorite time of year?
    Hmm... in terms of the four seasons, definitely summer. I prefer hotter weather, and summer is a time for no school! Also not to mention that it's the only season that exists here in Florida... but in terms of holiday seasons, then Halloween! I love spooky things, costumes/cosplays, and candy! Halloween is a perfect mix of the three!
    (Optional) When's your birthday? We can make a post for you on your special day if that's okay.
    January 15! Y'all don't have to make a special post though.
    Will you celebrate any holidays this December like Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa or other? If yes, what will you do?
    Yes! We will be celebrating Christmas, even if it looks a bit different! Normally my family (mom, dad, and siblings, as well as my aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandma) drive up to Jacksonville to see our family up there. We leave early in the morning (7 in the morning) because it's a 2+ hour drive, so we would always open presents at night when we got home. I don't foresee us visiting them this year though, but we (mom, dad, siblings) will still celebrate together!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hiii, so, it's the season!

I'd thought I'd share some of my Christmas decorations:

Spoiler:

There are also some pretty ones I saw like, outside in the city buuut I'll share em later!

Years
  • Oh this sounds like a lovely club! Can I join?~
    What's your favorite time of year?
    Hmm... in terms of the four seasons, definitely summer. I prefer hotter weather, and summer is a time for no school! Also not to mention that it's the only season that exists here in Florida... but in terms of holiday seasons, then Halloween! I love spooky things, costumes/cosplays, and candy! Halloween is a perfect mix of the three!
    (Optional) When's your birthday? We can make a post for you on your special day if that's okay.
    January 15! Y'all don't have to make a special post though.
    Will you celebrate any holidays this December like Christmas, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa or other? If yes, what will you do?
    Yes! We will be celebrating Christmas, even if it looks a bit different! Normally my family (mom, dad, and siblings, as well as my aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandma) drive up to Jacksonville to see our family up there. We leave early in the morning (7 in the morning) because it's a 2+ hour drive, so we would always open presents at night when we got home. I don't foresee us visiting them this year though, but we (mom, dad, siblings) will still celebrate together!

Welcome to the Four Seasons friend! I'm thrilled to have you hear. I have added your name to the guestbook for the banquet! You have come at a good time of year since we are in the final days of Hanukkah, Christmas and New Year's celebrations are also just around the corner.

It's also nice to have a fellow summer lover. I'm a plant that thrives in the summer heat too, and no school to go to is the best part.

I used to live in Southern California, while it's a different part of the country than Florida, I know what it's like to have warmth all year round.

Halloween is definitely a fun holiday. It's one of my favorites too. I don't know if you do trade in the 3ds or not, but we still have a couple of shiny pokemon left over from this year's Halloween giveaway here at the Four Seasons if you're interested. We have lots of adamant shiny shuppet. I believe there is also an impish shiny pumokaboo left. If you don't mind a neutral natural Pokemon I shiny Phantump around here too that's serious. Let me know if you want one of these.

I'll try to send you a date and time soon.

Sounds good. Lumiere will be waiting for you. Happy Holidays!

Hiii, so, it's the season!

I'd thought I'd share some of my Christmas decorations:

Spoiler:

There are also some pretty ones I saw like, outside in the city buuut I'll share em later!

Thanks for sharing the pics. The wreath reminds me that I have been meaning to get one for my own door. If there are some nice winter decorations in your area then I'd be really interested in seeing photographs.

I was thinking that it might be nice to have a little club holiday decoration display. We painted Easter eggs this spring, so maybe this winter maybe we can show off home decorations like our Christmas lights, Winter Solstice decorations or the menorah for Hanukkah.

I haven't bought my Christmas tree this wear, but it's coming! I have bought some new glass ornaments to hang on the branches. I also bought a gingerbread house kit. The best part will be eating the house of course.

Years
  • I decided to give this club a bump. I always liked this intimate little corner of the house, but haven't posted here in a long time because it looked like the interest had waned. Since the holiday season is here, and i'm feeling nostalgic, I thought i'd give The Four Seasons a try, and double post a warm seasons greetings in case others want to chat. It's Thanksgiving today in my country the US, so have a happy one if you celebrate it, and belated Happy Thanksgiving if it was celebrated earlier this year in your country ^_^

If this is a holiday that you observed, what will you/did you do for Thanksgiving? Maybe your area doesn't have this exact holiday, but an harvest time celebration of it's own centered around community, abundance and giving thanks for it like Chuseok, the Yam festival or Erntedankfest etc. That counts too, if you want to discuss the awesome traditions that you have at this time of year!

I don't always do much for Thanksgiving, but this year I am going to. It's nice to have a four-day break from work. I have a lot to be thankful for right now too, having overcome some illness, and family surviving through some stressful times. I'm cooking a big meal for everyone today. Because I have become a vegan I have had to learn how to cook some things differently, but it's been fun trying new recipes.

A lot of people are going to be watching sports games, but what I want to see are the Thanksgiving day parades instead as soon as the Macy's one starts this morning. I think tonight it might also be nice if I light some candles in the evening, and reflect about what Native Americans experienced at the hands of colonialism, and how their lands, culture and even their lives were taken from them overtime. Even though coming to a beautiful new country where they could be free of persecution and start over was good for the Pilgrims from England, having successful colonies in America was ultimately not something good for the Indigenous people, and we can't forget that of the legacy.

Before Thanksgiving I also gave away some clothes for a clothing drive in my community to help those who are less fortunate than I am. Even though Thanksgiving is supposed to represent a time of bounty, not everybody has that, so it's always good to give back when you can.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I decided to give this club a bump. I always liked this intimate little corner of the house, but haven't posted here in a long time because it looked like the interest had waned. Since the holiday season is here, and i'm feeling nostalgic, I thought i'd give The Four Seasons a try, and double post a warm seasons greetings in case others want to chat. It's Thanksgiving today in my country the US, so have a happy one if you celebrate it, and belated Happy Thanksgiving if it was celebrated earlier this year in your country ^_^

If this is a holiday that you observed, what will you/did you do for Thanksgiving? Maybe your area doesn't have this exact holiday, but an harvest time celebration of it's own centered around community, abundance and giving thanks for it like Chuseok, the Yam festival or Erntedankfest etc. That counts too, if you want to discuss the awesome traditions that you have at this time of year!.

In Canada we have thanksgiving as well, however, it is celebrated on the second Monday of October, so our holiday comes much earlier! I didn't have an opportunity to really celebrate the holiday, as I was abroad in Paris at the time! Our thanksgiving is quite similar to the American one, we too cook the same staple foods including turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc. My family is Russian/Ukrainian, so we always have varenyky/perogies, cabbage rolls, borscht, and other traditional dishes.

It just snowed last night, and it's supposed to get quite cold this week, so winter's in full swing here! My Christmas tree is up and my house is decorated, and I'm looking forward to December!! <33

Years
  • Happy winter holidays everybody.

I hope your season is a bright one. I have caught the Christmas spirit, and wanted to ask if anyone has any photos to share of their holiday decorations? I am basking in the light of my pretty, albeit eccentric Christmas tree right now, and thought it would be cool to see other Christmas trees, or menorah, kitara, photos of your burning Yule log or the candles you lit for Bodhi, even if you're not celebrating any particular holiday, but just have a wreath or anything around that says winter (or summer if you are on the southern hemisphere) you're welcome to share.

I always name my Christmas trees, and call this one "Tipsy" because my tree stand got damaged, so she is just kinda leaning against the wall to keep fron falling over.

My favorite ornament is probably this little glass ballerina girl here

Back