• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Fragmented (M) (OOC)

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
Years
  • Name: Aleksandr Silayev

Nickname: Alex

Appearance: Alex is not the tallest 15-year-old, at 4'7", and is thin and lanky to go along with it. He has the fair complexion of his Euro-Russian heritage, and the reddish auburn hair of his mother's Scottish side. He wears this hair at about shoulder length, and it is almost always dirty, a side effect of living in the poorer slums. He has silver eyes, something rare among his lineage, and needs glasses to see. He usually wears t-shirt and jeans, as that is just about all he owns, and always seems to have grease-stained hands. As a token to remember his lineage, he has a dragon tattoo on his left arm stretching from his shoulder all the way down to his iwrist.

Personality: Alex is usually a quiet, timid individual, and prefers not to be around many people at one time. However, he is a very intelligent boy, by normal standards, and naturally has great problem-solving abilities. Thanks to his recently discovered gift, he loves building machines and other such things. He does suffer from mild ADHD, though, and gets a bit hyper at times. He just wants to be accepted by everyone, gift and all, and despises the prejudice against those with a Gift. Due to his constant dodging of the officials, Alex is quite good at hiding, his smaller body allowing him to get into much tighter places. He strongly believes the government could be better organized, or maybe even changed entirely, though he doesn't declare it openly.

Gift: Alex is a technopath, meaning that he shares a deep connection with anything that runs off a power source. This connection is mental, and is often mixed up with telekinesis. Through it, Alex can understand, control, or even change machines to his will. The more mundane the machine, though, the weaker the connection.

Weapons/Tools: Alex is always carrying a handful of various parts (wires, bits of metal, lights, switches, etc), along with basic tools such as a screwdriver, a flashlight, and a handheld soldering iron. When it comes to weapons, Alex is usually able to use machines around him, but when there are none, he carries a machine similar to a gun, that fires a spiked projectile attatched to a thick wire. There are controls on the weapon to retract or extend the wire, and if needed, the tip of the projectile can be changed in a variety of ways.

History: Alex's family wasn't that rich. The dirty streets that came with the near-poverty that Alex grew up in we're normal for him. Maybe that was what spurred his adventurous spirit when he was young. He always had a penchant for mischief, one that often found him in trouble. His nearly parent-less childhood, his mother died in childbirth, and his father was almost always at work, was defined by the thrill of getting away with some prank or another. However, his father was a kind man, and though he was stern with Alex, the boy looked up to his father with admiration.

That is, until the day he attempted to follow his father to where he worked. Boris Silayev never had revealed the nature of his job to his son, nor the source of his unnatural and irregular hours. As it turned out, his father was an underground dealer of weapons. His appointment that day: the leader of a known revolutionary group. Alex's heart was broken. He didn't even cry when the authorities executed him when an anonymous tip let them know Boris's occupation.

Left an orphan, Alex did his best to keep living. Soon afterwards, his Gift awoke, and everything changed. He was suddenly forced to flee and hide in the lowest and most dangerous levels of the city he called home, and even then, hide exactly what he was with every ounce of his willpower. He now has made a home in these slums, hoping every day for a chance at escape. It wasn't that he was scared, he never had been the type to balk at danger, but alone.

Other: When Alex activates his gift, his irises flash white. It is currently unknown if this is related to his Gift or his rare eye color.

RP Sample: [From Dragon Cave's Shadows]

Paris, France - 1583

Dark. A slight breeze. His favorite weather.

Kalek stood atop a building, looking down at the extensive city of Rome. His target was already fast asleep. In fact, most of the city was so. No crowds, or loud vendors. Kalek smiled to himself, and began silently running accross the rooftops.

He soon arived at a pricey manor, and was pleased to see only the slaves quarters active and light. He stole between shadows, climbing with ease. He stopped at a balcony. A balcony that led to the bedroom. A balcony that concealed his target.

Kalek crept into the dark room, silent as a gust of wind. His long, wavy cloak broke up his form, dissolving his muscular physique into the shadows. Kalek drew his dagger, a beautiful work, and walked silently up to the large, four poster bed. The blade flashed, and another fell beneath what some had begun to call Le Corbeau Noir, The Black Raven.

Kalek sheathed the dagger, and muttered something in French. He placed his cerimonial feather in the now deceased noble's hair, and was gone within a few seconds, running along rooftops once again.

Kalek finished his running at a run-down, nearly deserted building. He climbed to the attic, and dropped among his belongings, as few as they were. He drew a piece of parchment and a raven feather quill from a box, and sat at a makeshift desk. He then began writing, his elegant script flowing accross the page. He read it to himself after he finished. It read;

'Le général à la retraite a été assassiné, selon les commandes. J'attends ma prochaine affectation.'
    [The retired general has been assassinated, as per orders. I await my next assignment.]
    -Kalek

Kalek nodded to himself, and opened the cage atop his desk. He tied the note to the pigeon inside, and sent it flying off. In less than an hour, it would arrive at the Brotherhood's barracks, where the letter would be delivered directly to one of the masters.

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Good thing I never refer to my character by his actual name, or this could get confusing.

Years
  • @Death of Shadows - There's two small issues with your SU.

1. "When he was older" - Did you mean younger?

2. The existence of Gifted is known throughout society. I highly doubt he could grow up oblivious to there existence.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Alright alright, do we have free reign on where to meet the Wraiths? And how strong are they supposed to be compared to Gifted?

Years
  • You have pretty much free reign but it makes more sense to stay in the slummier areas.
    As for their power individually they shouldn't be too hard for a gifted with an offensive skill to take care of, but they tend to move in groups varying from small packs to swarms. In groups they are more dangerous than any lone gifted.

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Well, depending on where you are, maybe you want to join in on my expedition for "treasure". Note there will be wraiths, and deaths, however I (and possibly OG, and possibly whoever else wants to join) will survive.

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
    Years
  • Well, I'm definitely in a maneuverable spot right now, as Alex and his NPC buddy are currently walking towards Sparky's. It should be quite easy to steer them your way.

And I am not one to balk at a good death. It builds character.

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    well, cool, i might not wait for OG. If you will be on later ill give OG until tonight, and if he isn't on we will get on da pad

Well alright machomuu :) The more the merrier

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
    Years
  • I mean that I am currently stuck using my IPod for the few weeks until I can get my laptop running again. And my IPod has a penchant for crashing when running stuff like pads or docs with multiple users on it.

I can still use PM's, if that is a viable option.

タイラー

Stress
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    If macho and OG are on the band wagon, maybe we could do some one the etherpad, and then pm u what we got so u can put in your input

DeathofShadows

The Brightest Darkness
    Years
  • Well, that works for me.

On another note, though, perhaps we should have another round of individual posts in which we meet first. I do not know about the rest of you, but my section of that would be rather lengthy.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • Is there still a spot for this treasure expedition thingy? Xero is running low on money.

Back