• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    I believe the order is four Trial Captains > Totem Pokemon > Kahuna.

We have confirmation that at the end of each trial there will be a Totem Pokemon, so if , for example, on Melemele Island there are 4 trials, then there will be 4 Totem Pokémon. What I wanted to know if we battle the Kahunas after completing all Trials of said island, or if it is at the end of each trial '-'

blue

gucci
    Years
    For every Trial Captain's trial, there will be a Totem Pokemon, once you defeat those then you move onto the next Trial Captain in the same format I presume. After defeating all the Trial Captains, their trials and the Totem Pokemon is when you face the Kahuna of the island. That's what grants you access to the next island I think. Though, I'm not sure about 4 Captains for every island.

Years
    We have confirmation that at the end of each trial there will be a Totem Pokemon, so if , for example, on Melemele Island there are 4 trials, then there will be 4 Totem Pokémon. What I wanted to know if we battle the Kahunas after completing all Trials of said island, or if it is at the end of each trial '-'

Thanks for clarification. I tend to forget the order since the trials look so complicated. The totem Pokemon I think will all correspond to their Trial Captain's specialty type, so we'll likely face Lurantis (which was confirmed as totem in a Japanese trailer) after completing Mallow, and Gumshoos/Alolan Raticate after completing the Normal-type trial.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Just a heads up that Pokenchi will have a "huge presentation" of Sun & Moon game footage on Sunday October 16th. Might not be anything new but worth checking out!

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Just a heads up that Pokenchi will have a "huge presentation" of Sun & Moon game footage on Sunday October 16th. Might not be anything new but worth checking out!
    If Pokénchi actually shows something new Sun and Moon related I think I'll eat a hat. The show is pretty much the most unreliable official Pokémon source ever, when it comes to Sun and Moon at least.

Years

Likely going to be a huge presentation of nothing. Pokenchi this generation has been nothing but nothing, so not even going to pay attention to it this time around.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Pokenchi? Showing actual info? Hahahahahahahahahahaha...no. Just no. I think the only time they really showed anything of substance was a small bit during X and Y and a small trailer for ORAS, but other than that, it's been so inconsistent I can barely trust anything they say is "news".

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    ^ Yeah that's what I'm guessing. I remember back in the day of BW and stuff Pokénchi (or Pokémon Sunday, it was called) had cool bits of gameplay in which they accidentally revealed Pokémon (or at least their sprites lol), would be cool to at least see a bit of gameplay. Or maybe they'll play a bit of the demo before it's released, giving us a bit of an exclusive look into it.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Ok, I'm going to be blunt about this...

The disappointment about Pokenchi isn't coming from the show itself, it's coming from you guys setting your expectations too high and/or misreading information. You continued to do so even when Serebii himself forewarned you to not set your expectations too high. Please, stop placing the blame where it doesn't belong.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Ok, I'm going to be blunt about this...

The disappointment about Pokenchi isn't coming from the show itself, it's coming from you guys setting your expectations too high and/or misreading information. You continued to do so even when Serebii himself forewarned you to not set your expectations too high. Please, stop placing the blame where it doesn't belong.
    I may be missing something, but who here right now is honestly expecting Pokénchi to show something big this time around?

Years
    I don't really see Pokenchi showing us anything significant, maybe a bit of new information but nothing major. We've just hada big news reveal and Pokenchi doesn't often deliver so I think it'll be more of a recap perhaps.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    I remember the Black and White days where Pokenichi was actually a reliable source for news (although they were called Pokemon Smash or something back in those days). Now, since TPC's marketing campaign has changed, they, and to a lesser degree these days Corocoro are not really needed anymore. I mean, Corocoro hasn't revealed a whole lot of information this time even compared to ORAS and XY, and the stuff revealed in Corocoro often gets shown a few days or weeks after in a trailer.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    I remember the Black and White days where Pokenichi was actually a reliable source for news (although they were called Pokemon Smash or something back in those days). Now, since TPC's marketing campaign has changed, they, and to a lesser degree these days Corocoro are not really needed anymore. I mean, Corocoro hasn't revealed a whole lot of information this time even compared to ORAS and XY, and the stuff revealed in Corocoro often gets shown a few days or weeks after in a trailer.
    Wasn't that always the case with CoroCoro? They've never really had info by themselves, there was practically always a trailer with the same info following it.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Wasn't that always the case with CoroCoro? They've never really had info by themselves, there was practically always a trailer with the same info following it.

I don't think so, I remember at least in the BW days there were many Pokemon and features shown in CoroCoro that were never shown in a trailer, hell I don't even remember there being many trailers back in those days, it was just XY and now especially so with SM that they're pushing the whole trailers thing.

blue

gucci
    Years
    TPC relies heavily on social media nowadays which explains the lack of (or less) news we receive from other sources such as CoroCoro or Pokenchi. During gen V the main news source was from those two since they didn't really use the platforms such as YouTube like they do today.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    But you do realize that most of the blame lies within Pokenchi itself for utilizing marketing buzzwords to make us think they're going to showcase something big when they're not showing anything much at all, right? I don't think the disappointment is unwarranted given that fact.

But whenever Serebii has posted about Pokenchi on the front page of his website, he clearly cautioned each time that the information would possibly be things we already knew from a previous trailer. People chose to either ignore that warning or were following a different news source who failed to put that cautionary tidbit in. If those people follow Serebii for news, they should have known with that warning to not get their hopes up.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    But whenever Serebii has posted about Pokenchi on the front page of his website, he clearly cautioned each time that the information would possibly be things we already knew from a previous trailer. People chose to either ignore that warning or were following a different news source who failed to put that cautionary tidbit in. If those people follow Serebii for news, they should have known with that warning to not get their hopes up.
    Looking back at the first time Pokénchi said they were gonna have Sun and Moon info, Serebii said this:

"it has been confirmed that in the episode of Gathering at the Pokémon House, the variety show that airs in Japan every Sunday, that airs on April 3rd, series Director Junichi Masuda will be on, alongside battle director Shigeki Morimoto and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire game director Shigeru Ohmori and will talk about the new games, presumably Pokémon Sun & Moon and will feature the first TV aired footage. It is not known if the footage will be released officially on the Internet beforehand but we will post as soon as anything is revealed."

He said nothing about being cautious of it just being a reshow of a previous trailer. He only started saying so after that (and by then at least the majority of people didn't believe Pokénchi's claims anymore anyways).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back