• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well, CoroCoro leaks are soon. Probably expected to surface on Wednesday, since the 12th of the month is the common choice of date to leak CoroCoro scans.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The new Sun & Moon TCG set numbers hint at no new mega evolutions and a significantly lower amount of Alola forms. If this is true then I'm not too surprised regarding the megas. If anything, with the megas I was expecting them to just be in the games at the very least. Alola forms on the other hand, I would like to think there are at least 20 new forms giving us another 10 on top of the ones we already know about. I guess only time will tell! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Years
    If we're not getting a lot of Alola Forms, I'll be a bit upset if they release an underwhelming number of them because having too few of them makes it a wasted new feature to me.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    The new Sun & Moon TCG set numbers hint at no new mega evolutions and a significantly lower amount of Alola forms. If this is true then I'm not too surprised regarding the megas. If anything, with the megas I was expecting them to just be in the games at the very least. Alola forms on the other hand, I would like to think there are at least 20 new forms giving us another 10 on top of the ones we already know about. I guess only time will tell! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What do you mean by significantly lower? Like only a couple more than we already know?

blue

gucci
    Years
    What do you mean by significantly lower? Like only a couple more than we already know?

I could be wrong on that one actually. It's hard to say at this stage but it does state that the set will feature over 140 cards which is around the same amount as XY had. No mention of Pokemon-EX, nor of Mega Evolutions. It seems to indicate that the amount of new Alola Pokemon will be around the same as Kalos introduced going by the size of the sets. The first set for S&M will feature over 40 new Pokemon, that is around the same amount that the first XY set featured. Idk what that means for the Alola forms, there's not much mention on those aside the fact that some of the 40 include only some Alolan forms such as Alolan Meowth.

I think there was a bit of confusion with the way it was worded. Basically, the main thing that the TCG seems to hint is that the total number of new Alola Pokemon will be around the same as the total number of new Pokemon Kalos introduced. The fact that there has been no mention of mega evolutions in the set would indicate there are no new ones coming to Sun & Moon. As for Alolan forms, there's no indication as to whether there will be more or less, it only hints at it.

Last edited:
    Years
    I could be wrong on that one actually. It's hard to say at this stage but it does state that the set will feature over 140 cards which is around the same amount as XY had. No mention of Pokemon-EX, nor of Mega Evolutions. It seems to indicate that the amount of new Alola Pokemon will be around the same as Kalos introduced going by the size of the sets. The first set for S&M will feature over 40 new Pokemon, that is around the same amount that the first XY set featured. Idk what that means for the Alola forms, there's not much mention on those aside the fact that some of the 40 include only some Alolan forms such as Alolan Meowth.

I think there was a bit of confusion with the way it was worded. Basically, the main thing that the TCG seems to hint is that the total number of new Alola Pokemon will be around the same as the total number of new Pokemon Kalos introduced. The fact that there has been no mention of mega evolutions in the set would indicate there are no new ones coming to Sun & Moon. As for Alolan forms, there's no indication as to whether there will be more or less, it only hints at it.

This is definitely a concern for people who want to use 7th Gen new Pokemon-only teams, because X/Y's huge lack of new Pokemon meant you didn't have much choice if you were limiting yourself to only new Pokemon. If we get a low number of new Pokemon again, I feel my rating for Sun & Moon will get knocked down a peg. It's a shame because 5th Gen gave us the most new Pokemon and to have every generation after that only introduce a minimal amount of new Pokemon is just sad.

I was planning to use only the new 7th Gen Pokemon, but if we get too few like we had with 6th Gen (giving us only 72 new Pokemon) then I'll have to reconsider that plan and have to accept using older Pokemon again.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    For reference, CoroCoro leaks usually on either the 11th or 12th.

I'm hoping it leaks on the 11th (tomorrow) but I have this burning feeling that it won't leak until the 12th.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    yep i knew alola won't have many pokemon. it's maybe around 75-85 new pokemon.
    and 15 alola forms to make up for it.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    yep i knew alola won't have many pokemon. it's maybe around 75-85 new pokemon.
    and 15 alola forms to make up for it.

Uhh, what? Where has it been confirmed at all that we won't have many pokemon? We've had a TON of reveals so far, a very long dev time, and they didn't have to make new models for all of the pokemon, which is why some people thought we got so few in X/Y.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Uhh, what? Where has it been confirmed at all that we won't have many pokemon? We've had a TON of reveals so far, a very long dev time, and they didn't have to make new models for all of the pokemon, which is why some people thought we got so few in X/Y.
    There has been talk of Sugimori and/or Masuda (during Gen VI) of wanting to slow down on introducing new Pokémon (per Gen).

blue

gucci
    Years
    It wouldn't surprise me if the amount of new Pokemon wasn't that much higher than the Kalos amount. I'm expecting anywhere between 75 and 90 new Pokemon at the most. I hope I'm wrong, though! On another note, CoroCoro could leak anytime between now and tomorrow which should give us more stuff to talk about. n_n

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    The thing is, the reveals of new Pokémon have been slowly dying ... At first, we got a bunch of new Pokémon info, but as trailers go by, I only see them revealing less and less new 'mons :/ It would really suck if they introduced a slow amount of Pokémon, since Alola looks like a region full of biodiversity.

blue

gucci
    Years
    The thing is, the reveals of new Pokémon have been slowly dying ... At first, we got a bunch of new Pokémon info, but as trailers go by, I only see them revealing less and less new 'mons :/ It would really suck if they introduced a slow amount of Pokémon, since Alola looks like a region full of biodiversity.

I think initially they like to reveal a higher number of new Pokemon to engage with fans. New Pokemon is one of the main things that people tend to look forward to seeing in any new generation. As the months went on, it was like we were spoiled with masses of new Pokemon and no so much cover on other aspects such as new features or storylines? That would probably explain why the more recent trailers have focused on those aspects rather than new Pokemon reveals. We've got a new trailer coming this Friday which will hopefully give us some more Pokemon as I can't really think what other aspects they need to cover this close to the release!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Didn't realize it was the 11th, Corocoro will probably start to leak in about 6 to 24 hours.

As for TCG Set, I don't really think the amount of TCG cards matter. I don't think they ever have all the new pokemon in the first set. BW Set only had 115 cards in its first set, which is far lower than SM first set. So the amount of Cards in a TCG set have little to no meaning.

I have said it before, but anything below 90 New Pokemon is far too low for what we already have. We know there is 58 known pokemon, and the only evolutions that counts is Pikipeks and the Starters. Along with the Tapus. They would leave with an extremely high amount of base pokemon or 2 stage pokemon. That isn't even counting the rest of the possible leaked pokemon with the Snowman and Toucan lines.

This also doesn't even include any trade evolution pokemon that we have had in every single generation in some form. And I doubt they would skip out on that, especially now with the Online Plaza. We also have no fossil pokemon which we have had every generation, but Johto. There is also no a single Ice or Dark type pokemon without Alolans and only 1 Poison type.

We had about 40 Different Pokemon in XY reveled before the early copy leaks came out. So I am expecting, at the very least around 30 more pokemon.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Didn't realize it was the 11th, Corocoro will probably start to leak in about 6 to 24 hours.

As for TCG Set, I don't really think the amount of TCG cards matter. I don't think they ever have all the new pokemon in the first set. BW Set only had 115 cards in its first set, which is far lower than SM first set. So the amount of Cards in a TCG set have little to no meaning.

I have said it before, but anything below 90 New Pokemon is far too low for what we already have. We know there is 58 known pokemon, and the only evolutions that counts is Pikipeks and the Starters. Along with the Tapus. They would leave with an extremely high amount of base pokemon or 2 stage pokemon. That isn't even counting the rest of the possible leaked pokemon with the Snowman and Toucan lines.

This also doesn't even include any trade evolution pokemon that we have had in every single generation in some form. And I doubt they would skip out on that, especially now with the Online Plaza. We also have no fossil pokemon which we have had every generation, but Johto. There is also no a single Ice or Dark type pokemon without Alolans and only 1 Poison type.

We had about 40 Different Pokemon in XY reveled before the early copy leaks came out. So I am expecting, at the very least around 30 more pokemon.

And I'm still guessing even more then 30. We are gonna get a LOT from the looks of it :)

Years
    As mentioned above, we have close to 60 new Pokemon revealed so far, with at least every type represented except Dark and Ice which are instead represented by some Alola Forms. Having lower than 90-100 new Pokemon would be what I consider too few, especially after what happened with X/Y having literally little-to-no options for people who wanted to use only new Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    As mentioned above, we have close to 60 new Pokemon revealed so far, with at least every type represented except Dark and Ice which are instead represented by some Alola Forms. Having lower than 90-100 new Pokemon would be what I consider too few, especially after what happened with X/Y having literally little-to-no options for people who wanted to use only new Pokemon.
    I predict Ice being as rare as it was in Hoenn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back