• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Wondering if I should really be hyping myself up for CoroCoro, Joe Serebii on Twitter seems to be heavily insinuating that it will be the same stuff we got on August 1st, which was the Z-moves, riding Pokemon, a couple of new 'mons, and Alola Formes. But yet, where would that leave the next video batch due out the same day as CoroCoro?

Has he seen the latest CoroCoro? Or is he just guessing?

CoroCoro has been consistent so far with the new information, it hasn't really been rehashing information from the trailers. (it's more the other way around, the trailers have been detailing things that CoroCoro has revealed)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • HOLY CRAP is that Christopher Lloyd as the new bad guy? I just figured out the plot, he's gonna go back to the future to prevent the Alola Formes from becoming an invasive species to Alola. I know that doesn't make a lick of sense, but what do you expect from a Christopher Lloyd look-alike?{XD}

Years
  • Aaaand that's why we take leaks with a grain of salt. I figure an entire Pokedex this early would be way out of place. Starter evolutions are one thing, but an entire Pokedex, I think, is another.

It would have been completely absurd to reveal an entire Pokedex this early, so I kinda took the leak 50-50 in that regard. The starter evolution concept art has some form of credibility, but this huge list didn't have credibility and everyone was only speculating on it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The thing to know is that this confirms the Pokedex leak as fake because the sandcastle's typing doesn't match any dual-typings shown in the list, along with the list not mentioning Bewear's new pre-evolution.

Aye, not to mention there was no single typed pokemon other than ones we already knew of.

Anyway, wasn't the Sandcastle Pokemon in a previous leak that people called fake because something was wrong about it? And wasn't it the Chinese Leak that said there would be no evil team? Or was that another leak?

I am almost certain that the Sandcastle pokemon were in a leak a month or so ago.

Now to wait for Friday which will no doubt probably be more Alolan Forms and new pokemon. Maybe some screenshots on Team Skull.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I think, at this point in time, we're probably better off speculating what's to come than what leak was proven right and what leaks were wrong (though I guess that's a point to make, as well), because my goodness they were so many. @__@;;

I think Sun / Moon is the Pokémon game that had the most "leaks" and theories. People are coming with new stuff everyday, and most of it is probably fake. Don't understand why people do that.

Years
  • So, with the trailer for tomorrow it will be going to air on the official Pokemon YouTube channel around 10am JST, which will be 12 noon for my timezone, and 9pm for the US. That's according to Serebii if I remember reading it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    With all this stuff being shown in the upcoming trailer, it makes me wonder just what they have planned for Worlds... It's usually only one thing, but it's usually a big thing (Mega Slowbro for ORAS and I think Mega Kangaskhan for XY).

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Do you think, at this point, they'll probably reveal Megas around that time frame? I mean, I personally really doubt it, but part of me is still expecting, at the very least, a few before launch, though I suppose I wouldn't be bothered if none were announced as long as decent Alola forms are planned.

It would be pretty hype if they revealed Mega Evolution as a returning aspect, along with showing a new Mega. I wouldn't count it out, considering there's so much we just got in these past few days.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I expect them to show the return of Mega Evolution at Worlds next week. Would be a BOMB.

Years
  • One thing I just realized was that we haven't gotten the announcement of the next date that a trailer would drop, since that's what usually happens after a trailer drops in Japan. Maybe they might announce the next date in a few days or something.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • The trailers are usually released every 2 or 3 weeks, so my guess is that the next announcement will be at the end of August or in early September.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The only reason I can see them not revealing something at Worlds is because they recently just closed the whole thing off to non-competitors. But even then, they'll be streaming the events, so they could still reveal something and have everyone see it at the same time through the stream.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Morimoto is also supposed to reveal a "surprise" at Gamescom, which I think is roughly around the same time as Worlds. Between those two events, I think there's a good chance of getting something new again before the month of August is over.

Years
  • Morimoto is also supposed to reveal a "surprise" at Gamescom, which I think is roughly around the same time as Worlds. Between those two events, I think there's a good chance of getting something new again before the month of August is over.

Given the World Championships was closed off to the general public due to this year's event being at a much smaller venue than previously, I could see Gamescon as an opportunity to reveal some new information or Pokemon.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • A surprise usually means a new Pokemon announcement or something along those lines. Either way it's something to look forward to next week!

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Given the World Championships was closed off to the general public due to this year's event being at a much smaller venue than previously, I could see Gamescon as an opportunity to reveal some new information or Pokemon.

I don't think Worlds being closed off to the public would stop them from revealing something. Whatever it may or may not be, it's going to find its way on the Internet in a heartbeat. TPC has been releasing some of the SM trailers ahead of their original scheduled release(like this recent one), so anything I think is possible.

Years
  • I don't think Worlds being closed off to the public would stop them from revealing something. Whatever it may or may not be, it's going to find its way on the Internet in a heartbeat. TPC has been releasing some of the SM trailers ahead of their original scheduled release(like this recent one), so anything I think is possible.

You could be right, since the internet spreads fast but we'll see what happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back