• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future News dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • November's CoroCoro issue is preeeeettttyyy late to be revealing the final starter evos, right? Although... I wouldn't be surprised if it did come down to that.

Pssst, the Gen V and Gen VI starters weren't officially revealed until release.

I'm expecting the middle ones to come out in late october at the earliest, and in the final Corocoro before release (November) at the latest. Especially since the Unova and Kalos starters' middle evolutions were officially unveiled in the final corocoro before release (BW came out on September 18th so they managed to fit another issue into BW's news cycle. While XY was out in October 12, so the September release for that one was the last one, since the October release was out on the 15th officially for that month. This time they'll be able to fit another issue into SM's news cycle like they did with BW).

Years
  • November's CoroCoro issue is preeeeettttyyy late to be revealing the final starter evos, right? Although... I wouldn't be surprised if it did come down to that.

Starters' final evos have usually been kept under wraps until release, as far as I'm aware.

The Unova starter middle evos were revealed officially in CoroCoro in September 2010, three days before Black & White's Japanese release. The Kalos starter middle evos on the other hand came out in the CoroCoro released in September 2013. Both cases were the last issues released before the release of the respective games (XY released on October 12th 2013 and BW released in Japan on September 18th 2010). Not that if they'll stick to this pattern again, but I still want to see the middle stages revealed before release, since the final stages (or what could be one side to them) were leaked in that one piece of concept art.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    But they're making such a big deal about the starters' secret. If the secret involves the middle stages, okay, maybe we won't see their final forms. But if the secret involves their final forms, why would they not reveal them and explain the secret? It seems that would be a pretty big selling point they'd want to show off.

Years
  • But they're making such a big deal about the starters' secret. If the secret involves the middle stages, okay, maybe we won't see their final forms. But if the secret involves their final forms, why would they not reveal them and explain the secret? It seems that would be a pretty big selling point they'd want to show off.

Maybe they'll hint at it, but leave it to us to discover them.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Maybe they'll hint at it, but leave it to us to discover them.

That's true, they could do that. If it's really a split evolution or different forms based on time of evolution, though, that seems like a big thing. They may want to show silhouettes, at the very least, to get people hyped.

Years
  • Ah, fair enough, then. I must have horrible memory; I always had the impression that the final starter evos were revealed at least shortly before release (like a month-ish before, maybe).

That's likely because they were leaked in both BW and XY's cases. However, officially that wasn't the case at all.

@Rivvon I could see them show off six silhouettes and say that they're related to the starters somehow, making it come off as a big mystery, one they'll claim we'll find out in our journey starting on November 18th.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • I'm liking these constant news updates :')

Reading the pattern of the middle stage starters evos being revealed on the last corocoro before release makes me think we may just have to wait until November to see them this time around.

Also, everyone seems to be mentioning how the starter's share the same secret as Rockruff - could someone link me to where that's said by TPC?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Also, everyone seems to be mentioning how the starter's share the same secret as Rockruff - could someone link me to where that's said by TPC?

It was actually CoroCoro that teased the secret of the starters and Rockruff.
    CoroCoro also suggests that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and the above mentioned Pokemon Sun And Moon new Pokemon (Rockruff), all have a certain secret about them.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Reading the pattern of the middle stage starters evos being revealed on the last corocoro before release makes me think we may just have to wait until November to see them this time around.

I would think so too, but knowing they've revealed Rockruff's secret, I think The Pokémon Company MIGHT reveal the Starers mid-evos sooner than expected if their secret is related to Rockruff's one.

Also, everyone seems to be mentioning how the starter's share the same secret as Rockruff - could someone link me to where that's said by TPC?

It was in the CoroCoro in which they revealed Rockruff :)

Years
  • I would think so too, but knowing they've revealed Rockruff's secret, I think The Pokémon Company MIGHT reveal the Starers mid-evos sooner than expected if their secret is related to Rockruff's one.

While the starters' middle evolutions revealed in the last CoroCoro before the game release is a noticeable pattern with the most recent generations, something does tell me it may come earlier due to the fact we've now supposedly dissected what Rockruff's secret actually is.

If we don't get them revealed in the new trailer, then I'm likely calling October since it feels late enough to reveal them but not too late.

Anyways, it's about 18 hours until the trailer comes as of the time I posted here.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • It was actually CoroCoro that teased the secret of the starters and Rockruff.

Thanks for the quote :) It sounds pretty vague, seeing as how it doesn't mention what the secret is about. It may have nothing to do with day/night cycles, or how they evolve, etc. Not to mention it states that the first stage forms and not the starters as a whole? Nevertheless, we'll find out whenever we find out. I just mainly don't want to jump to a single conclusion when it isn't set in stone yet, y'know?

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Thanks for the quote :) It sounds pretty vague, seeing as how it doesn't mention what the secret is about. It may have nothing to do with day/night cycles, or how they evolve, etc. Not to mention it states that the first stage forms and not the starters as a whole? Nevertheless, we'll find out whenever we find out. I just mainly don't want to jump to a single conclusion when it isn't set in stone yet, y'know?

Well, the CoroCoro kinda hinted at an evolution related secret, because in the said issue, there was the page saying they share a secret, and on the next page there was a small part of the page with the 3 starters + Rockruff, and it was written "What could their evolutions look like?!"

So..

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, it doesn't necessarily say they are connected but rather they all hide a secret? That could mean they share a secret or all have an individual secret that may or may not be connected to each other.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Thanks for the quote :) It sounds pretty vague, seeing as how it doesn't mention what the secret is about. It may have nothing to do with day/night cycles, or how they evolve, etc. Not to mention it states that the first stage forms and not the starters as a whole? Nevertheless, we'll find out whenever we find out. I just mainly don't want to jump to a single conclusion when it isn't set in stone yet, y'know?

Corocoro seemed to imply that they share a secrete with Rockruff. But I think one of the Big 3 Leaks also mentioned that the starters may have split evolutions of some sort. Which follows what Rockruff went through.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I don't know why, but I feel like tomorrow's announcement will be huge, and that it will be THE announcement that will confirm/debunk 98% of the leaks.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I don't know why, but I feel like tomorrow's announcement will be huge, and that it will be THE announcement that will confirm/debunk 98% of the leaks.

I don't think so xD I think we've already had the big announcement, which was the last trailer we got, so we might receive some minor news, like some Alola Forms, new Pokémon and maybe the new Ultra-Beast and Rockruff's evolutions!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I wonder if it will focus on the whole day/night aspect of the games. By that I mean Rockruff's evo, time-based events, version exclusives and so on. Idk, lately they've just thrown a whole load of random new info in these trailers so it's hard to predict what will be next.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back