• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Galarian squad

Years
    Has anyone decided their squads yet based on what has been seen so far? I think I've got mine unless there's wonder trade then it may change.

Scorbunny/ final evolution
    Raichu
    Drednaw
    Corviknight
    Sneasel /Weavile
    Galarian Ponyta /Rapidash

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    I'm waiting until I play through the game and then I'll build my team as I go. The only one I know for sure is Grookey.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I am waiting for the datamine honestly to figure out what I want as I don't care or want to be surprised. I will probably once again be doing rotation like I've done for the last few games and catch more than 6 and use. But for now...

Scourbunny.
    Corviknight
    Yamper
    Galarian Ponyta

Scorbunny will probably remain my top pick as a starter, as I don't really care about the other two. I've been in love with Corviknight since I saw it. I assume it is the regional bird for Galar, so it will probably have earlier stages. Yamper will depend on Scorbunny's typing when it is fully evolved, though I may still use it. Galarian Ponyta is almost a hands down choice as I don't like many psychic types.

When I play games, I only use new pokemon. I try to avoid using old pokemon until after I beat the game. When I use a rotation format, I usually will switch between 10 to 12 different pokemon. The exception is Alolan or Galarian forms as I consider those new pokemon because they have different looks and different types that are permanent.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Nah, I'll probably decide as I'm playing. I've done that a bunch the last few times. And especially if this game is like the last few, where you can still be overlevelled when using more than 6 Pokemon in rotation.

Years
    For now I know I want Corviknight and Sobble (my first Water-type starter ever, let's see what that is like) of the new ones.

Of the old ones, I'm definitely using Arcanine. In all this time, I've never had one, so it will be all new for me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    right now it's probably gonna be starter/Corviknight/Galarian Ponyta

and then the rest we'll see how it goes from there

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I am guaranteed to go out of my way to get a psychic horse on my Shield team. I will also keep the starter for both games. Other than all those I dunno.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    Well, I told myself I wasn't gonna have rigid team plans going into this, but so far:
    Intelleon
    Yamper (I won't be evolving it)
    ALMOST DEFINITELY Corvinight
    PROBABLY Galarian Rapidash
    One of those mismatched fossil Pokemon

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'm skipping SwSh, but I thought it'd be neat to build a hypothetical team.

Spoiler:

Good thing there were designs I actually liked >>

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    After all the leaks, I have a pretty clear idea who my team is going to be. And luckily, there enough to only use new pokemon :D

Note these are not event completely confirmed, but I will explain those that I will probably use. If I can avoid explaining stuff I will. As I said I was going to use a rotational team, so more than 6. I actually love a lot of these pokemon.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Assuming the leaks are real, this would be my hypothetical team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    My Pokemon Squad for Pokemon Shield will be called as:
    1.Cinderace-Fire.
    2.Purrzerker-Steel.
    3.Cursola-Ghost.
    4.Frosmoth-Bug/Ice.
    5.Grimmsnarl-Dark/Fairy.
    6.Toxtricity-Electric/Poison.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    So updated list. With twitter accounts and youtube videos being taken down, it basically confirms the leaks were correct... when will companies learn that when you start taking stuff down, it is basically confirmed real? It is on the internet. It is already too late for damage control....

Anyway.... here is a list of my team, with typings and names! Even if they might be a certain version exclusive, I plan to trade for all so.

Spoiler:

Years
    Here is a picture of my squad :
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Not sure what I'm going to use for the playthrough, assuming I even get the games, but I'm thinking that my final team might look like this based on what the leaks have revealed:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back