• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games that Deserve Remakes.

Garison

The Grey Waves
Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Have you ever played a game that you thought would be cool if it was rebootes and upgraded to be even more epic than it already was? How do you think it would turn out.

In my own opinion, I think that Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken would be epic if they remade it for at least the 3DS. The tactican character there could also be a fighter to in the remake. And if Elliwood marries, Roy could show up in the game o_O.

What games do you think deserve a reawakening?

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
    Years
  • Combining remasters/remakes of FE6/FE7 on one cart would be cool.

I would like to see Legend of Dragoon remade. It was a fun game but it had some issues. I think that newer systems would make it truly beautiful and fix that awkward soundtrack. Too many mixed styles I can never tell a track is actually from that game or something else.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd love to see some more N64 games get remade for the 3DS, a la Ocarina of Time and Star Fox 64. Kirby 64 would be fun to have on the go, especially the mini-games with friends. :) Pokemon Snap sequel would be nice, but I'd settle for Snap remake on 3DS or even the Wii U. Both consoles are perfect for the kind of game Snap is. Pokemon Stadium games on 3DS or Wii U would be fun as well...Stadium games on the go seems like a ton of fun...

I think I just need an N64 that's handheld, lol. That's basically what I'm wanting here.

pkmin3033

Remakes, or HD Remasters? In this day and age, the latter is far more probable and, given the quality of remasters like FFX/X-2 HD, I'd be quite happy with just that, rather than a full-on remake. Often it isn't necessary. But my list for these would include, and is not limited to...

- Final Fantasy V & VI, because we've had the first four - IV several times - remade and these two really deserve the upscaled remake treatment. Preferably done in style similar to the ones on the DS, rather than just polished sprites like that godawful FFV mobile release.
    - Final Fantasy XII, because it's the only one not available on a current generation console and it's the best mothership title.
    - The Legacy of Kain. All of them, but especially the first Blood Omen and both Soul Reaver titles, because these were fantastic games that need to be brought back in some form that isn't a shitty F2P online multiplayer game set in the same universe. Because fuck Nosgoth.
    - Metroid II: Return of Samus. Literally nobody gives a crap about this game, and it's a real shame. They brought the original game to GBA updated in the form of Zero Mission, so why not bring this game with updated graphics and some extras to the 3DS? I realise most people would prefer Super Metroid, but...eh, one thing at a time. Metroid II is also the only Metroid game that is actually difficult, so that'd be a nice bonus.
    - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. The thought of the best Zelda title with A Link Between Worlds' visuals and some updated music makes me drool. I would LOVE to see this brought to 3DS.
    - Silent Bomber. This was one of my favourite PS1 titles that would benefit hugely from a remake.
    - MediEvil 2. The original got ported to the PSP, so why not update this one for the Vita? Oh, right; the Vita doesn't exist outside of Japan. The PS4, then. Since we're unlikely to get MediEvil 3, I'd settle for this.

...there are others. I'll edit this.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • Honestly, I'm kind of against remakes and remasters. While I admit that there are a few great games that haven't stood the test of time, the majority of them are fine just the way they are. One of the games that I'd like to see redone with today's technology is Final Fantasy VI. In my opinion, it has the best story in any Final Fantasy game and the best antagonist of the entire series. I feel the same way about Grand Theft Auto - Vice City. I would love to see this redone on GTA V's engine with Ray Liotta reprising his role of Tommy Vercetti and with an entirely new soundtrack.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Honestly, I'm kind of against remakes and remasters. While I admit that there are a few great games that haven't stood the test of time, the majority of them are fine just the way they are.
    Remakes don't always have to be about revitalizing games that wouldn't gel with modern audiences. They serve a number of purposes. In some cases, such as with Pokemon, they're used to bring the still playable older games up to speed with the various mechanics that would later be introduced. Other times, they can be used so that the creators can take a different direction with the game, generally one they either wanted to begin with or is simply an alternative to the current take they didn't much care for.

Hell, even remasters and...HD remakes (...which are just ports, generally, or are only remakes in a technical sense but not in one of substance) have their uses. In some cases, such as Shadow of the Colossus, they're used to bring games that were too strong for their original consoles up to speed. Another use, which I would love to see with .Hack G.U., is when the games are expensive as hell and are hard to obtain. These releases can revive popularity, make the games more accessible, and sharpen them up all at once (generally at a pretty good price).

So it's less about whether it's necessary and more about whether what comes out is worth the investment, because regardless of what happens, the older product still exists, and as the consumer you really aren't affected by the release of a remake/remaster.

*cough*

As for my remake choice, .Hack. The original. There's a lot I would love to see added to G.U., but I worry that more would be lost in the redubbing of the game's voices (which, from Reminisce onward, are pretty damn good) than would be with just a remake. Plus, if anything, P4's proven just how much a port can expand on the original work. But with the original, it lacks a lot of the style and flair that CC2 is known for, and as far as gameplay is concerned, it has a lot it can learn from G.U. and Link (largely in the team management and order department). Its open level design and dungeons could also be expanded for more varied exploration, making each combination of key words its own adventure.

Oh, and multiple characters- or hell, even multiplayer. G.U. remedied this by creating the Adept Rogue, which allowed you to switch between weapon types to bring more varied play. There's very little that would need to be done- in either game, really, to make it so that you can play as other characters since they all have developed movesets and operate similar to the PC.

So yeh, .Hack remake and G.U. remaster/port are my major picks. Oh, and Soul Nomad. That game's expensive as hell and never got an updated PSP port like its brothers. C'mon, NIS; that game's fantastic. It doesn't even have a PSN release.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I really, really want to see a remake of Shining Force II. It was far from the best SRPG out there, but it was surprisingly polished and memorable despite it's bland presentation. It just had a certain "charm" that managed to make me become enamoured with the game. A remake could do wonders in just making the game much better than it originally was like putting a more emphasis on strategy, revamping maps, lowering level caps, buffing pre-promotes, and etc. Something to note, Shining Force I received a remake on the GBA. I'm not saying that it's likely for II to be given the same treatment, but at one point in time, Sega was thinking of coming back to the Shining series SRPG roots. Which was cool.

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War or FE4, for short. This is one epic that I think most Fire Emblem fans and SRPG fans should play. The original SNES version is hard to get into, even for a Fire Emblem fan, since it's just different from your typical FE experience. I mean, a brief look at Chapter 1 is enough for a person to go, "holy crap, this map is huge, what am I supposed to do?". Streamline the experience, polish a couple of the mechanics, remove/change Pursuit for simplicity sake, and fire balance adjustments everywhere (namely lolsety, if you don't have a horse beat it, axes, etc. seriously this game is unbalanced as fuck), with all that I think you'll have a golden game.

Of course, this is a ludicrous pipe dream. FE4 is easily one of the darker games in Nintendo's library and I can't see how they would be able to keep the plot or characters intact, if a remake were to happen. On the off-chance it does happen, I'm so excited that I'll be able to play the Master Knight of all units, Cliff, the only person to have all the blood of the Twelve Crusaders flowing into their veins! /s

Combining remasters/remakes of FE6/FE7 on one cart would be cool.
    I want. I want this so much.

Where is my Genealogy of Elibe, IntSys? D:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    On the top of my head: Final Fantasy 6 and Terranigma.

With all those remakes for FF1-5 and FF7 in the works, I don't really understand, how FF6 got left out. I mean there's that mobile version, but as far as I've heard, they messed up the graphics big time. As for Terranigma: it's one of these hidden gems that got burried when Square bought Enix and Quintett parted ways. It not getting released in the US didn't help it much eithe, in terms of popularity.

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
    Years
  • an HD remake/remaster bundle of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Or at least an eShop re-release or something.

Ike IkE IKE IKE IKE!!
    Uhh... that aside yeah! I talked about this with a friend of mine once and completely forgot about it but I would love to see a modern FE9/10. Not FE13/14 levels of modern (though I would kill to have more FE games with a casual mode because I am a baby at these games >>;; ) but modern enough that they look good. I read the Radiant LPs on the LP ARchive and the models alone never fail to make me laugh (Soren using his Flare ability is especially hilarious). Anyway I would just LOVE to see it. Maybe fix the voice acting... It's so much narm but it kills so many scenes too.
    'Kay I just want more HD Ike because I don't have Smash. There. I admit it.

(I also agree with the .hacks and FF12. FFXII International HD when)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    5394969604_f1a05b4517.jpg

I know Twin Snakes exists, but I want more than just MGS2 mechanics tacked on and better graphics.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Soul Nomad is the first thing that comes to mind. Nippon Ichi needs to start showing some real love to their non-Disgaea IPs. I love the game but at the same time it has some flaws/issues that I think could be fixed in a remake (and not a remaster), not to mention it's not easy to obtain anymore like machomuu said and my PS2 and my PS2 controller hardly work anymore, and not all PS3s are backwards compatible =(

For a remaster I think that the Xenosaga triology would be good. They're very solid games (just make the skill systems in the first two games, especially the second one, a little better) and so just a graphical update and a few little extra bells and whistles are all they really need. And again, they're PS2 games so yeah....

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm not sure if Einhänder is well received, but I'd really love a 3DS version of it. They should add more levels and multi-player mode, love that game a lot!

Years
  • If there's anything that would make me want to buy a console for one game, it would have to be a WipEout game for PS4. It's always been one of PlayStation's staple racing games prior to Studio Liverpool/Psygnosis closing down in 2012. According to rumors, they had been working on an installment for launch day before Sony made the unexpected announcement. WipEout was not an easy game to learn; completing a lap of a race without hitting anything required vast knowledge of the track as well as finesse and precision when making turns; not the cup of tea for a lot of people, but to me, it felt very rewarding the moment you completed 1st place on a track in the Phantom speed class. 3 on PS1 and HD on PS3 showed just how capable the developers were with pushing system hardware to the limit, and I don't think it would have been any different if they had been able to release a WipEout for the PS4.

With all this futuristic race talk, it would also be awesome if Nintendo decided to revive the F-Zero franchise. I loved the series for the same reasons I loved WipEout; it was difficult to learn, and focused more on flat-out speed and character compared to the latter. The GBA games proved to be great for both pick-up-and-play sessions as well as marathons, so I think it would be suited to the 3DS. Additionally, both games would greatly benefit from the way multiplayer gaming has changed since their last titles were released.

Garison

The Grey Waves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    Wow, so many replies already. Never made a topic this hot before.^_^

I agree! On the same line of thinking, I would also like to have an HD remake/remaster bundle of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Or at least an eShop re-release or something.

Have you guys been mind reading me or something.

Years
  • Fire Emblem Genealogy of The Holy War (or Seisen no keifu as it's called in japan). It's great game and has many of the elements that make me love Fire Emblem; Strategic gameplay, appropriate use of resources, a deep story filled with lore, and Sigurd is up there with Hector and Ike for most badass lords.
    While it's a good game, it suffers from the limitations of the time, a lot of the dialogue feels like they had to cram it into just a few text boxes (a recurring theme in many of the older Fire Emblem game), which frankly doesn't do it's plot justice, with a remake they could greatly expand the dialogue, and for some of the more iconic scenes they could use CG cutscenes to make the powerful moments more powerful. There's also some improvements to balance they could do, mainly making the holy blood weapons not so powerful, in turn they'd have to take some enemies' stats a bit down as some are ridiculously hard to kill without the holy blood weapons. Also make Chapter 7's backtracking less of a pain, at least some enemies to make your units gain some exp. Maybe add some small Gaiden chapters, or add in Leif's campaign from Thracia 776 to it. And don't forget to add in Rescue and normal trading, rescue would make slow characters like Ardan (ESPECIALLY Ardan) able to keep up because a mounted unit (of which there are a lot in FE4) can just transport them and take them straight to the frontlines, and Trading because the pawn shop makes everything more annoying and tedious than it needs to bes, and it doesn't make much sense.
    Also, preferably go with the more realistic approach to the art-style, it just fits this game really well.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, a Fire Emblem Gaiden remake would be kinda neat, while FE4 is kinda hard to get into because of the huge intimidating scale of it, Gaiden just looks dated, a lot of the mechanics are outdated and could really progress from an upgrade.

TheBigMan0706

Monster hunting Snivy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Hey, Windwaker got an HD remake, why not the sequel to the N64 classic?

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I think it would be awesome if they remade For the Frog the Bell Tolls (one of Nintendo's games for the original Game Boy - the main character is an Assist Trophy in SSB4). The problem is that the original wasn't released outside of Japan and the game mechanics are kind of weird, but it would be awesome. But it would be cool to see on the 3DS. They could make it bigger and longer, and maybe update the game mechanics.

Years
  • The whole Xenosaga series.

It's really a shame. The games deserve more of a sequel than a remake considering Xenosaga III basically left players with a cliffhanger of sorts...though a remake (even for PS3 at this point, though for graphic's sake, it would be wiser to release an HD port or something for the PS4) would definitely be appreciated for this series as it is MASSIVELY underrated.

Say what you will about the 50 million year-long cutscenes, but a lot of those cutscenes define the environment of the game and that's not a bad thing; in fact, I'd argue that most of them are far from boring.

Getting back to the main point though, the Xenosaga series is something I'd just like to see return. It has so much kick-ass action and I miss it all. :<

I second this motion since I share the opinion of the series being underrated, though the difference the 2nd game was from the 1st and 3rd was definitely questionable, and that's based on appearance alone. Never personally played the 2nd one myself, but it does stand out, and not in a positive way.

A couple of the older Final Fantasy games including VIII and IX. Not necessarily an entire remake dedicated to these ones, having them remastered for the current generation would be greatly appreciated for someone who has played them, but prefers modern graphics. For the most part, my list mainly consists of RPGs from previous generations like Chrono Cross, Legend of Dragoon, and Tales of Destiny II.

Back