• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games you're bad at

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
basically I'm not good at anything really

Smash Brothers

There was a time where I could go online and steam roll through everybody. There was even an event hosted on twitch, where you would enter and see how many people you could beat in a row. I had the record at nearly 30+ people.

I would play with people from school and destroy them, and they started pushing me to start playing in actual tournaments. I was going to do it, but that night I found a real competitive player named ESAM online, and I couldn't even knock a stock off him. That killed my interest in the game.

For the first time in 8+ months, I played online today, and got beaten repeatedly. I pretty much suck now and remember why I quit.
Losing to the man who is a Brawl veteran and the best Pikachu player in the world is not really something to be ashamed about, nor is losing a bunch when you haven't touched the game in over 8 months--just about everyone would perform considerably worse if they hadn't played a game at all in that long--and it's not a reason to think that you will forever suck. The realization that "I can beat my casual friends and a bunch of randoms online/at college/wherever" is not a good metric for determining your skill level after getting your ass handed to you is not an uncommon occurrence in the competitive gaming world. It's very much a long and rough road to getting good in competitive anything really, and it's ok if you don't think you can go down it or that it's not worth it to you to go down it, but it's probably not best to decide that over these particular experiences alone.

Also, fun fact: several months ago I happened to run into Sol (arguably the best Little Mac player in the world) online, and I basically spent about half an hour or so--on a live Twitch stream--pretty much being his living punching bag.

This is not a "never give up" post by the wya, as besides the fact that sentiment tends to make me want to vomit, I am very close to quitting the game myself for good and so it'd be hypocritical of me to tell anyone that.

ramblerambleramble

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I'm pretty trash at traditional fighting games. I just can't grasp all the combos and combinations and whatnot.

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
Years
As much as I'd hate to admit it, I was never really all that good at First Person Shooters. I used to think I was one of the better ones at some of them but looking back I realize I was never too far above mediocre at best. The Duel Pros of Unreal Tournament 3 would almost always destroy me. Even if I thought I damaged them a lot, they always seemed to manage to regain their health too fast for me to finish them off. In many cases, I'd even get sweeped. If I got lucky, I'd get 1-2 kills against the greats but that was about it. In team-based modes, I often proved somewhat relevant but I was still mostly cannon fodder.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
basically I'm not good at anything really

Losing to the man who is a Brawl veteran and the best Pikachu player in the world is not really something to be ashamed about, nor is losing a bunch when you haven't touched the game in over 8 months--just about everyone would perform considerably worse if they hadn't played a game at all in that long--and it's not a reason to think that you will forever suck. The realization that "I can beat my casual friends and a bunch of randoms online/at college/wherever" is not a good metric for determining your skill level after getting your ass handed to you is not an uncommon occurrence in the competitive gaming world. It's very much a long and rough road to getting good in competitive anything really, and it's ok if you don't think you can go down it or that it's not worth it to you to go down it, but it's probably not best to decide that over these particular experiences alone.

Also, fun fact: several months ago I happened to run into Sol (arguably the best Little Mac player in the world) online, and I basically spent about half an hour or so--on a live Twitch stream--pretty much being his living punching bag.

This is not a "never give up" post by the wya, as besides the fact that sentiment tends to make me want to vomit, I am very close to quitting the game myself for good and so it'd be hypocritical of me to tell anyone that.

ramblerambleramble

Before I played ESAM, I felt unbeatable, since I was so dominate online and against friends. It sounds stupid now, but I thought I had to be near his level. Then I played him, and could barley get him into 40%. He was also just messing around with random characters, which got to me the most.

Even though I dropped the game for 8+ months, it didn't feel like it. I still remembered B-reversing, gordo trapping, etc. I was just losing for some reason. I'll give it a few days before I drop the game completely. I honestly don't care about playing competitively...I at-least want to be able to go on winning streaks online again. Also Sol is a cool streamer, especially for staying with Little Mac.

Reactions: Nah

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Every games, does that count?

Seriously, if you want to win, play with me :D

pkmin3033

Arcade-style fighting games, "realistic" racing games, sports simulators, puzzle games, etc. Most people would say I'm bad at FPS because I tend to camp, but as far as I'm concerned running out into the maelstrom all guns blazing is stupidity and gets you killed, and when the objective is to NOT die, I think it's pretty good going to do that.

Basically, stuff I would never pick up, because they're either competetive or just plain unappealing. Or both.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Pretty much everything. I mean, I love playing games but half the time if I'm not on normal or easy I won't get through it. It was a miracle that I was able to get through all of the dark souls game at last after I just said yolo and started dual wielding instead of using shields like I thought I had to.

I main kirby in smash because I'm too bad to get the hang of any of the other characters... well, not entirely true... I also use Marth and Zelda sometimes, albeit very badly. Any other fighting game I'll immediately lose at. I've had MK DA on the gamecube since it came out and have been playing it ever since, but still haven't learned half of the combos and can't even beat the arcade with someone besides Scorpion.

The only games I really can do well at are strategy, rpg and puzzle games and that's all only as long as I have unlimited amount of time to max out my characters and don't have to fight other people in them.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
Years
what comes to mind, Fighting games. Like Tekken, Persona Arena games, Blazblue games. Even the Dragon Ball Fighting games (though I love playing them haha).

Also some Platformers tho I have fun with them too.

Cay

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 11, 2022
all of them besides rhythm games pretty much lmao

TY

apparently every single game according to rabinov y u do dis to meh

First thing that comes to mind are fighting games, or actually any genre in general that I do not play much at all.

Years
Fighting games (except street fighter 1 and 2)
First-Person-Shooters (except duke nukem 3d, doom and counter-strike).
I remember playing mortal kombat 1 and 2 in mame, i remember not even knowing how to fight the a.i, i always lost no matter what character i choose, i didn't even knowed the fatalities.
I used to play team fortress 2 a lot in june of 2017 until january of 2018, but i only got the most kills as a scout or soldier, i really sucked at demoman, engineer, medic and pyro.
Even if i sucked at that game, i still enjoyed it.
And i have returned to tf2 after not playing for weeks, because i even tried to forget about this game but that doens't work, i loved this game when i first played it, and i still do, this fps really marked me for being so different than any other fps games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I don't enjoy puzzle games at all.

Not games with puzzle elements (like Pokemon), but straight up puzzles. I get frustrated and lose interest very quickly, even when I CAN do them; there's no motivation for me to continue doing them.

Despite not hating the game, I gave up on Portal 2 because of this; the only reward for doing the puzzles was just more puzzles. Doesn't hold my interest.

Years
FPS games, mostly because I'm not used to games like that and thus my aim is not what it could be.

Also games that involve strategy tactics. I've tried some games like this, moreso tactical rpgs, and apparently I'm bad at this as my strategies tend to involve "go rush the enemy and hope I win", heh.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Kid Icarus: Uprising. So far that game's only bad point is its controls.

Also any game that requires heavy use of the keyboard.

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I'm uncharacteristically bad at Mario Kart games, other than MKDS.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
First Person Shooters. Its either that the controls won't respond or the shots will miss or all the opponents seem to gang up on you or take tns of hits to kill or whatever. Also an overall bad genre but I'll share that another time.

Back