• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
  • Hello! I tweaked MilanesaCosmica's Mega Sceptile front sprite... As you can see, I just rotated the tail and the shading of the red part of the tail, as well as change the background color:
    VlYDNrM.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Hello! I tweaked MilanesaCosmica's Mega Sceptile front sprite... As you can see, I just rotated the tail and the shading of the red part of the tail, as well as change the background color:
    VlYDNrM.png
    Could you also show MilanesaCosmica's original so I can compare? I can't seem to find it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Of course... Here's the original post:
    Hmmm... Can't say I find the tail on either of them appealing, but the rest of the sprite is good. If we can find a better way to pose the tail, it'll make a great addition to the resource.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Although mega diancie that looks bad , I hope you at least take basic :) , same with Mewtwo X and Y.

8z8Wl1Z.png

KQ2NJ3n.png

6HLhgcc.png

M1lZ882.png

N4rHfEh.png

hopefully help in something :)
    I don't want to sound rude, but did you make all of these? If you didn't, you need to at least give credit to the original artist.

That aside, I don't think any of these are acceptable. It's not that they're bad, far from it; I really like mega Pidgeot. It's just that none of them fit this resource.

Mega Mewtwo x & Y: While some of the linework is questionable, I like these. With some QC, they may be useable, but that's up to MrDS. The backsprites on the other hand, are unusable. They're good, but they're in gen V style. They may make a good reference, however.

Mega Diancie: Everything is in the right style, but it's far too small and cramped. The backsprite might be usable, but the entire thing is just messy.

Zygarde 100%: Same problem as M-Diancie: It's too small and cramped, leading to the sprite looking sloppy.

Mega Pidgeot: While I really like this sprite, there are a lot of things wrong with it if you look closer. The wings on the backsprite look too small, and the tail is in a weird shape, some of the linework is sloppy, and of course, it's in the completely wrong style.

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh.

Edit: Are we even going to do the Zygarde forms? I assumed we were because they're part of gen VI, but I wanted to make sure.

Edit 2: QC of capylus's mega Tyranitar sprite:
    LDBfGt8.png

Edit 3: QC of the mega Mewtwo Y sprite uploaded by Versekr Dark:
    lGjb9zU.png

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • The first time that i saw these sprites was in leparagon's deviantart with the unbound hoopa one.
    Maybe a lot of spriters used his base.

I see... Well, I have to ask the one who made the sprites as I just slightly altered the colors (used only the non-shiny one and then remade a shiny one because of color problems) with few colors from other sprites... I have no idea about his bases...

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Although mega diancie that looks bad , I hope you at least take basic :) , same with Mewtwo X and Y.

8z8Wl1Z.png

KQ2NJ3n.png

6HLhgcc.png

M1lZ882.png

N4rHfEh.png

hopefully help in something :)

I think Mega Diancie's back sprites can be used if made slightly larger and trimmed some bottom parts... Mega Mewtwo X and Y are nice, it's just that their back sprites seem to be small...

About Zygarde 100%, I believe it won't be a part of the Gen. 6 games so it might not be included in this resource...

Mega Pidgeot already has a sprite and MrDS rarely accepts replacements...

I don't want to sound rude, but did you make all of these? If you didn't, you need to at least give credit to the original artist.

That aside, I don't think any of these are acceptable. It's not that they're bad, far from it; I really like mega Pidgeot. It's just that none of them fit this resource.

Mega Mewtwo x & Y: While some of the linework is questionable, I like these. With some QC, they may be useable, but that's up to MrDS. The backsprites on the other hand, are unusable. They're good, but they're in gen V style. They may make a good reference, however.

Mega Diancie: Everything is in the right style, but it's far too small and cramped. The backsprite might be usable, but the entire thing is just messy.

Zygarde 100%: Same problem as M-Diancie: It's too small and cramped, leading to the sprite looking sloppy.

Mega Pidgeot: While I really like this sprite, there are a lot of things wrong with it if you look closer. The wings on the backsprite look too small, and the tail is in a weird shape, some of the linework is sloppy, and of course, it's in the completely wrong style.

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh.

Edit: Are we even going to do the Zygarde forms? I assumed we were because they're part of gen VI, but I wanted to make sure.

Edit 2: QC of capylus's mega Tyranitar sprite:
    LDBfGt8.png

Edit 3: QC of the mega Mewtwo Y sprite uploaded by Versekr Dark:
    lGjb9zU.png

Nice QCs... I'm not sure but, maybe the reason why capylus' Mega Tyranitar looks like Gen. 3-ish is because it looks slightly larger?

Mega Altaria front sprite was recolored

And here is the one i redrawed, but haven't shaded yet

I'm not sure if MrDS will consider the first one because he already commented about its pose before... About the second one, I wonder how will that look like when finished... The reason why it looks like a Gen. 2-style sprite is because it's still an outline so I think you should try to continue that?

And your Primal Kyogre looks cool... I'm not sure if the pose will be a problem but MrDS haven't commented about its pose before...

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    Okay, am I absolutely going crazy, or did this original post used to contain special Pokemon sprites as well? I came across a post, that I thought was this one, had 6th Gen Pokemon, Mega Pokemon, but it also had a section with "special Pokemon" That included Pokemon like Shadow Lugia, and a bunch of other Pokemon. I want to say Ash-Greninja was in there. Can anyone point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place, or am I just crazy?

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Okay, am I absolutely going crazy, or did this original post used to contain special Pokemon sprites as well? I came across a post, that I thought was this one, had 6th Gen Pokemon, Mega Pokemon, but it also had a section with "special Pokemon" That included Pokemon like Shadow Lugia, and a bunch of other Pokemon. I want to say Ash-Greninja was in there. Can anyone point me in the right direction if I'm in the wrong place, or am I just crazy?

You're 1/3 in the right direction, another 1/3 in the wrong place and another 1/3 being crazy... Why?

• This thread contains quality Gen. 6 Pokémon sprites if you're looking for a DS-style one...
    • The thread you're mentioning seems to be the one locked a long time ago because of inconsistency and crediting issues, which has the "Special Pokémon" section you are mentioning...
    • There's no thread that is/was endorsing an Ash-Greninja sprite...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2016
    You're 1/3 in the right direction, another 1/3 in the wrong place and another 1/3 being crazy... Why?

• This thread contains quality Gen. 6 Pokémon sprites if you're looking for a DS-style one...
    • The thread you're mentioning seems to be the one locked a long time ago because of inconsistency and crediting issues, which has the "Special Pokémon" section you are mentioning...
    • There's no thread that is/was endorsing an Ash-Greninja sprite...
    Are you looking for an Ash-Greninja sprite? Here:

wDmZzdj.png

or

CMQhyXQ.png

Please give credits to N-Kin, EdgeZard X and Webobo...

I do really enjoy the Ash Greninja, and will give credit if I wind up using it. And I have used a good portion of the sprites from this page in my hack and also intend to give credit where credit is due.

Even though it's locked, is the thread still accessible? As I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Back