• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
  • aF6YpAS.png

RxvBOCS.png

qJyBbfH.png

nlHTHQJ.png

hoopa's sprites and a volcanion icon :-)

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    PU34gcP.png

Gothica-The-Eevee from Devian Art made the front, I just tried to resize it, make the back and I made the shiny colors. I know it's not that's good but if someone more skilled want to improve it, go ahead I'd be happy :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Hey!
    There already was a good resource indeed for Gen5 sprites in Gen4 style and I happily added/replaced them to the standard essentials.
    Before I attempt to make a game of my own, I wanted to get the Gen6 sprites in the essentials style as well - exactly what you are doing!
    As a thanks I'll try to upload all your sprites formatted to Essentials here. I figured out how to do it even though I had no idea how.
    I tested it and it works. This is the first sprite I formatted for everyone to use in standard essentials (not DS):

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years

• This isn't really the place for that Ferocca. If you want to add these to essentials feel free to do so yourself, but I don't think doubling the size of my images and removing the background is particularly difficult. Plus because there's no size constraints you may want to use sprites from elsewhere for the fronts anyway.

Plus I would consider your posts to be bordering on becoming spam.

Anyhow, I've actually done Binacle! Credits to Spherical Ice for the front sprite.
    qtZLNqD.png

Also here are a lot of long overdue icon sprites.

Binacle
    77WEEbX.png

Dragalge (credits to orly32123)
    HnmKWhE.png

Noibat (credits to Thundrake)
    ZCMDS4g.png

Noivern (credits to Thundrake)
    kLUEzb8.png

Last edited:

lfgamar

lucasfera15
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    i used the mega rayquaza sprite on advanced sprite editor but the backsprites have a problem whit the colors
    BDNiL2m.png

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    i used the mega rayquaza sprite on advanced sprite editor but the backsprites have a problem whit the colors
    BDNiL2m.png

Just so you know for the future, questions like this belong in the ROM Hacking section. There's an entire forum dedicated to it so if you have any questions, that's the place to ask them! That's all. :)

MrDollSteak

Years
  • I made some MEGAs,
    Spoiler:

Some of these are quite good, but I don't know if I'm going to accept them at this stage, because they need to match the sizes and proportions of the existing DS style sprites.

Here's an example in fact! I've just finished Mega Venusaur

MYhBL7N.png

and here is its icon sprite!

Itjf5HP.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    psst.. just a reminder that double posting is against the rules.

Years
  • Can I just ask, is this thread also going to include Emerald-styled sprites (with the two frames) like the Ken Sugimori palette thread?

Years
  • On that thread it has a GEN 6 list for the sprites so expect the second frames to be posted there :)
    Thanks a lot. Although I was hoping that there would be second frames with the regular palettes (although are there really "regular palettes" with the move to 3D objects based off Ken Sugimori's artwork?).

MrDollSteak

Years
  • heres a mega pokemon icon pack,i dont make them,and only primal kyogre and primal groudon are animated,but they are not 6gen plus(sorry for my bad english,i am from brazil

No thanks, that's not actually all that helpful but thanks anyway.

Thanks a lot. Although I was hoping that there would be second frames with the regular palettes (although are there really "regular palettes" with the move to 3D objects based off Ken Sugimori's artwork?).

No I won't be making second frames with the original colours for this thread, though you can always recolor them should you want to. That being said, if you plan on using those brighter colours you'd have to recolor Gens I - V as well, because I'll only be releasing second frames in the sugimori colours.

Now in lieu of Touched getting so far with his mega evolution code I'll be working more on Mega sprites in the immediate future. I'm getting fussed about this not being done though, so after a few more megas I'd plan to power through the rest of the Pokemon I haven't done yet.

Here's Mega Charizard X

xqTYWgo.png

and its icon sprite!

rJ3Y2hA.png

I've also updated Mega Charizard Y!

b1jHV6o.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • what about the mega rayquaza?

Give him some time he still has around 60 Pokemon left to sprite and I believe mega rayquaza will the one of the hardest if not the hardest to make a good quality 64x64 sprite of so just wait and I'm sure mega Ray will be completed :]

MrDollSteak

Years
  • what about the mega rayquaza?

I have nothing more to say, Seth summed it up completely.

updated pyroar front

currently working on the back sprites

That's pretty good but I'm stil not sure if I'lll use it. I think it needs to be a little more horizontal, to show more of its body.

Here's the next sprite I've done: Mega Blastoise!

SFfsAuQ.png

and its icon!

AWFHEoh.png

Last edited:
    Back