• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
  • That's pretty good but I'm stil not sure if I'lll use it. I think it needs to be a little more horizontal, to show more of its body.
    thanks at least you think it's pretty good lol but i see what you mean i was thinking the same thing

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • Hello MrDollSteak, sorry to tell you but I think you screwed up with Mega Charizard X. (Perhaps lots of people told you)

In the OP, the battle sprite of Mega Charizard X is linked to the icon sprites. That means that we can't get the battle sprite.
    Please fix that soon.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hello MrDollSteak, sorry to tell you but I think you screwed up with Mega Charizard X. (Perhaps lots of people told you)

In the OP, the battle sprite of Mega Charizard X is linked to the icon sprites. That means that we can't get the battle sprite.
    Please fix that soon.

In the meantime, here's the sprite you're looking for~

Here's Mega Charizard X
    Gen VI: DS-Style 64x64 Pokemon Sprite Resource

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Well, this is maybe my first contribution around here and I recently made a sprite for Mega Salamence. Here you go:

Mega Salamence:

Mega Salamence Icon:

The back was really painful because I had a hard time with the center thorn beside from its head points to (sorry that I don't know what to call that body part of the dragon). If it doesn't look good, fix it anyway if you like (that might be only my mistake while making this). I would redo the back soon. I might leave some mess around but you may do some tweaking to clean stuff. I don't know if this is you are expecting but I was just trying around.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015
    Well, this is maybe my first contribution around here and I recently made a sprite for Mega Salamence. Here you go:

The back was really painful because I had a hard time with the center thorn beside from its head points to (sorry that I don't know what to call that body part of the dragon). If it doesn't look good, fix it anyway if you like (that might be only my mistake while making this). I would redo the back soon. I might leave some mess around but you may do some tweaking to clean stuff. I don't know if this is you are expecting but I was just trying around.

Did you copy and paste the right chest plate onto the left? There's something strange about it's perspective, and the coloring near the bottom is missing(about 6 pixels worth).

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Did you copy and paste the right chest plate onto the left? There's something strange about it's perspective, and the coloring near the bottom is missing(about 6 pixels worth).

Noticed! Oops! Thanks for noticing. I've never actually thought the plate is curved not straight.
    I don't know what you mean about "the coloring near the bottom." Well, I'll try to figure out what have I missed. It is just the first time I handled a heavy customized sprite.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015
    Noticed! Oops! Thanks for noticing. I've never actually thought the plate is curved not straight.
    I don't know what you mean about "the coloring near the bottom." Well, I'll try to figure out what have I missed. It is just the first time I handled a heavy customized sprite.
    Upon inspection, I see there is color, it was just very light. Apologies!

lfgamar

lucasfera15
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016

Mega Salamence:

Mega Salamence Icon:

the sprite is very good but the colors are the same of normal salamence,the mega salamence colors are more dark...

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2015

Here's a Mega Gallade.

Not too happy about this one. The back of it was especially bad, thus left out.
    Both are "drawn" over the Platinum/HGSS sprite. (Gallade uses the entire body, and Manectric uses the face and feet)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    but the smogon colors are dark

I used the Sugimori colors with +15 saturation. The colors from the smogon are too very dark. Either way I have seen the 3d models of the normal and mega having the mega more a little bit darker than the normal.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • I have updated the Greninja Sprite.

Reasons and edits:
    I gave his ears more definition as well as the "mowhawk" thing he has. I made the tongue longer as well as making his eyes the correct color. I also put the stars on his legs, whereas before they were just blue circles. I fixed his right hand / arm because Greninja can't make a fist and I made the webbing on his hands, as well as the webbing that connects his ears to his "mowhawk". This does make the shading on shiny greninja a bit wack on the white parts, but I think this is a small price to pay for a more detailed and accurate greninja.

Hopefully everyone will agree with the changes.

I'm also posting my Mega Blastoise edit. I know Dollsteak still wants to use his, but I figured I would post it as an alternate as I'm personally quite fond of it.

Edit:
    Updated Greninja more and fixed problems with shiny sprite.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Well, this is maybe my first contribution around here and I recently made a sprite for Mega Salamence. Here you go:

Mega Salamence:

Mega Salamence Icon:

Yes I will be using this.

Here's a Mega Gallade.

Not too happy about this one. The back of it was especially bad, thus left out.
    Both are "drawn" over the Platinum/HGSS sprite. (Gallade uses the entire body, and Manectric uses the face and feet)

Sorry I don't think I will be using these, the linework is occasionally quite sloppy. If I were to use one it would be Mega Gallade.

I have updated the Greninja Sprite.

Reasons and edits:
    I gave his ears more definition as well as the "mowhawk" thing he has. I made the tongue longer as well as making his eyes the correct color. I also put the stars on his legs, whereas before they were just blue circles. I fixed his right hand / arm because Greninja can't make a fist and I made the webbing on his hands, as well as the webbing that connects his ears to his "mowhawk". This does make the shading on shiny greninja a bit wack on the white parts, but I think this is a small price to pay for a more detailed and accurate greninja.

Hopefully everyone will agree with the changes.

I'm also posting my Mega Blastoise edit. I know Dollsteak still wants to use his, but I figured I would post it as an alternate as I'm personally quite fond of it.

Edit:
    Updated Greninja more and fixed problems with shiny sprite.

Thanks for attempting some edits, but I won't be using Greninja because of some of the shading changes you've done, that go against the style of Gen V, and tbh I'm not super fond of the arm, but I will get around to editing my existing sprite if you so wish.

Also as I said it's not that I want to use 'mine' versus 'yours' regarding Mega Blastoise, it's just yours is more inaccurate in regards to the original blastoise. The mouth / face of Blastoise and Mega Blastoise are basically the same apart from the chin and ears, yet you've redone the whole front of the face and made it even rounder, which makes it look kind of silly when compared to the original Blastoise sprite.

I don't really appreciate you posting it here after I told you I wouldn't be using it and giving you my reasons for saying so, which you seem to have ignored. It's not an alternate sprite in anyway, as it is basically the exact same sprite, but with a few minor changes that in effect make the sprite less accurate.

Criminon

Forever Spriting
    Years
  • Thanks for attempting some edits, but I won't be using Greninja because of some of the shading changes you've done, that go against the style of Gen V, and tbh I'm not super fond of the arm, but I will get around to editing my existing sprite if you so wish.

Also as I said it's not that I want to use 'mine' versus 'yours' regarding Mega Blastoise, it's just yours is more inaccurate in regards to the original blastoise. The mouth / face of Blastoise and Mega Blastoise are basically the same apart from the chin and ears, yet you've redone the whole front of the face and made it even rounder, which makes it look kind of silly when compared to the original Blastoise sprite.

I don't really appreciate you posting it here after I told you I wouldn't be using it and giving you my reasons for saying so, which you seem to have ignored. It's not an alternate sprite in anyway, as it is basically the exact same sprite, but with a few minor changes that in effect make the sprite less accurate.

I'm not trying to stir up the water or anything. Its just that variety doesn't hurt. I'm not trying to force you to put it on your main page or anything, its just that I figured people might want alternate versions. It is basically the exact same sprite, and while I feel that most of it is flawless, I feel that the head is a bit unrecognizable with your version, but it all boils down to opinion, hence why I posted it here. I really do believe mine looks more accurate in terms of Mega Blastoise. I stare at that Pokemon more than I'm proud of, and I guess that's why I'm passionate about it. I knew you didn't want to use mine, and I'm okay with that. If you are in fact upset about me posting it, I'll remove the post.

Mega Blastoise Comparison

In terms of lighting, on yours the front of the face should be hitting the light. You're using black outlines for this area, and this goes against the way that Pokemon sprites are done. There are too many dark colors centralized in an area where there should be nothing but light. Your shading especially indicates this. As you can see from the sugamori art, even the position matches up better in terms of this, and with your version it appears that Mega blastoise's nose is a ball sitting on top of its face, which isn't the case. Also its front part of its mouth should retain the indent, whereas yours comes to a point. Also the eyes, while the iris is spot on, doesn't have the triangle shape that Mega Blastoise's eyes have.

I'm really not trying to upset you. I appreciate what you're doing and I just want to help as much as I can. For the most part, I don't have the patience any more to do full on sprites, so the best I can do is edits. I understand that the Greninja has a bit too much shading, and I'll probably try to revisit it as well.

All in all, I respect you and I appreciate the work you've done. This was just my way of thanking you. (helping with workload)

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • working on a espurrs evolutions Meowstic and Meowstic Female
    and a new version of espurr. currently working on the back sprites for meowstic

Sorry won't be using these, it's pretty clear that you've based them entirely off the models, which means they've lost the sprite like quality.

Espurr is already done.

In terms of lighting, on yours the front of the face should be hitting the light. You're using black outlines for this area, and this goes against the way that Pokemon sprites are done. There are too many dark colors centralized in an area where there should be nothing but light. Your shading especially indicates this. As you can see from the sugamori art, even the position matches up better in terms of this, and with your version it appears that Mega blastoise's nose is a ball sitting on top of its face, which isn't the case. Also its front part of its mouth should retain the indent, whereas yours comes to a point. Also the eyes, while the iris is spot on, doesn't have the triangle shape that Mega Blastoise's eyes have.

I'm really not trying to upset you. I appreciate what you're doing and I just want to help as much as I can. For the most part, I don't have the patience any more to do full on sprites, so the best I can do is edits. I understand that the Greninja has a bit too much shading, and I'll probably try to revisit it as well.

I think part of the problem boils down to you trying to copy the artwork completely. If you compare the models from XY and ORAS, you will notice that while there is that stylistic difference in the artwork, the faces are identical apart from the pointy chin and blunted ears. The reason Blastoise's face looks like that is because it is the same face from the resized DP sprite in the Sugimori thread and the DS style sprite resource which this is trying to emulate.

If you want to help, which I'm sure you do, I don't doubt that at all, feel free to make edits, but don't keep posting and pushing yours if I've given you reasons for why I don't want it. Your Greninja was perfect in that sense, you identified problems with it, and I agree with you (and in fact am posting the updated Greninja in this post), whereas with Mega Blastoise, I touched up a few shading details, but ultimately disagreed with your edits. The reason why I'm a bit annoyed, is that you seem to still be encouraging me to change it, despite what I've said.

I agree, I don't want this to be a big deal, I'm just letting you know what I find to be the issue.

Anyway, I've edited the Greninja sprite to account for some of the things you've noted!

Back