• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I kind of like the individual one. Like college sports or something, that would be awesome.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • It's getting awfully spooky over at Pokemon Fallout Part 2. ("Don't go in there!" much?)

If you're interested in getting involved I'd very much recommend not missing this!~ Is it just me, or are there echoes of Cthulu in my writing? (Personally, I think it's one of my favorite sections of the plot.)

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Basketball rp would be awesomeeee Apollo! I'm not too informed on the NBA but if it was based on that then I would be set to join instantly dude.

A football/soccer rp is my dream, though I doubt that would gauge much interest. *sigh

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • I think an exaggerated soccer/football rp would be pretty fun. I love the sport (Go Chelsea), but I think it'd work better if it was less realistic and more fantasy. There's an anime kinda like what I'm thinking of, but I din't know the name.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • I think a roleplay similar to Super Mario Strikers would be pretty great. I'm positive that the whole "I'MMA KICK DAT BALL WITH FIER!" concept would be awesome. I am particularly interested in things such as that.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I think an exaggerated soccer/football rp would be pretty fun. I love the sport (Go Chelsea), but I think it'd work better if it was less realistic and more fantasy. There's an anime kinda like what I'm thinking of, but I din't know the name.

A fellow Chelsea supporter! :D Blue is the colour, football is the game yadayadayada

I think you mean Captain Tsubasa? But yeah, that would be fun as hell. Like having power-ups and stuff like that. Would make things interesting.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • No, I think it's Inazuma Eleven. It's rather cartoonish from what I understand, but I think the over-the-top nature of such a series would be fun. Having abilities, special moves would definitely add more to an RP than just having people create players, win a cup or two, etc. etc.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • No, I think it's Inazuma Eleven. It's rather cartoonish from what I understand, but I think the over-the-top nature of such a series would be fun. Having abilities, special moves would definitely add more to an RP than just having people create players, win a cup or two, etc. etc.

Lol this exactly what i was thinking with the basketball! Theres an anime (kuroko no basket) that is a lot like that and its what i would base the rp on

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Lol this exactly what i was thinking with the basketball! Theres an anime (kuroko no basket) that is a lot like that and its what i would base the rp on

I think unless the court itself is stylised to make better use of superpowered players (how many special moves wouldn't involve dunking or tossing it across the court?), football would be a better choice. Even the goalie could get in on the superpowers.

Maybe the RP could be based on the Mesoamerican ballgame. (The one found in The Road to El Dorado.)

Y'know, without the getting-your-pelvis-crushed-by-a-nine-pound-rubber-ball and the sacrifices and stuff.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • I think unless the court itself is stylised to make better use of superpowered players (how many special moves wouldn't involve dunking or tossing it across the court?), football would be a better choice. Even the goalie could get in on the superpowers.

Haha there arent any super powers in kuroko its more like special abilities. Like being able to copy someones moves or the ability to never miss an open three. Things such as that opposed to a guy that can fly XD

Years
  • @Apollo - I think you're forgetting the rule of awesome (which I think applies a lot to RPs haha). If something is awesome enough it trumps logic and reasoning and attracts more RPers.

Considering the RPs that are normally a success here you're more likely to attract people to "sports with superpowers" than to an RP about unusually talented athletes.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • Announcent to all RPs I am involved in: I've mentioned before that I would be moving soon. Well, that's happening right now, hence my almost nonexistent posting activity. This will last until Sunday, at which point I will see if I can work on things so I can post upon the eventual reconnection of my Internet. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Years
  • There's actually a lot of potential for an RP in that series.
    You'd probably get quite a few people interested if you had it well planned. Perhaps throw some ideas around and see what you come up with because an RP like that could do very well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The rule of awesome is definitely a thing in RPs. But, a bit of planning or a hugeload of devotion is necessary too though, if an idea is very obscure :]

Years
  • @Red's - I didn't mean to say that hard work and planning isn't required. I more meant that an RPs premise doesn't have to actually be feasible so long as it is awesome and the RP is fun to be a part of.

@Apollo - You could even try inventing an entirely new sport to suit a universe of your own creation if you really wanted to take a big step, but it is probably better to at least stick with something resembling the sports we all know even if flaming balls will be flying all over the place.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • guys guys guys.... when is someone gonna make an Attack on Titan rp?

the show had so much potential and such an interesting setting, which I think in turn could make a very fun RP!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I guess I need to watch Attack on Titan :p It's an anime, right? /clueless

There are a lot of anime which would make great RP settings. A mecha RP, someone? Don't think I've seen many of those. Players could design their own robot suits :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    You know, I kind of always wanted to do some sort of dinosaur RP. You know, something like Dinotopia where there's a hidden civilization and people and dinosaurs live together or something :/ I somehow doubt it would garner much attention though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back