• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: General Roleplay Discussion Thread "the RPD" (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
Years
  • I'm getting this dreadful feeling that Nona's gonna lose a Pokemon or two which is bad for their health. im encouraging you am i

That evil laugh of which you know you can make a character suffer and you love it is definitely highly appropriate.

Same, I hope they keep the new interesting rps down or I might cry because what if it's fantastic and it tickles your fancy and you just want to join? this happens to me almost everyday

How did you guess? XD and don't fret, it's only just started to get exciting - we do still have nine stretchy Rp days after all.

I gotta say, PC probably has one of the best rp sections I've seen on a site not technically dedicated to it. Probably because it's regularly filled with awesome.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Oh no, Nona's gonna suffer, you're gonna make her suffer. You heartless human, I love it. LOL. I feel bad for them though, Sam and Nona. THIS RP IS GONNA BE THE DEATH OF ME I CAN TELL. and yeah, the worst hasn't come. Yet. ~

Mhm, true and I agree. But the lesser the players the better? I wanna get a position on fantastic rps, I'm utterly selfish and greedy about that. orz. Yeah! It is! I was actually surprised when I decided to land on this roleplay in like, forever. They have awesome rps and awesome roleplayers.

To be honest, I thought I'm good enough until I got to this place, then I realized I'm still a novice because hot damn, the awesomenest makes me drool. XD

edit: on another note, just to get this off my chest: I should be sleeping hours ago, why am I still awake. I wanna finish my two SU wips and they have deadlines, I dunno about the other one because I lost track though the other one still has Friday and yet here I am panicking about it omg would I be able to finish. OH GAWD.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
    Years
  • How many RPs are you in?

Hmm... let me make a quick count.

I'm the GM of MAGS (Magical Aura Gijinka Saviors), recently started at Begin Again... Well, that's all there is.

... or is it?

In another forum, I'm also a player for a Sailor Moon RP, the GM for a School for Good and Evil RP, which has a whooping 233 OoC Pages and 78 pages of IC. And I think you can consider me the GM for a Choose-your-own-adventure Story where the players vote.

Oh wow, I didn't notice I had this many.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    It's so nice to hear that you guys appreciate this place! I've tried other roleplay sites but I keep coming back to the rpc here. Everything works smoothly here, at least I think so. And if it doesn't, I can try to fix it 8)

To be honest, I thought I'm good enough until I got to this place, then I realized I'm still a novice because hot damn, the awesomenest makes me drool. XD
    You'll soon be part of the awesomeness, for sure :3

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Oh dear lord, if that happens I don't know if I'm gonna survive being a part of it.

I AM BUT A PEASANT, MILORDS.

I should probably lay off the rps but from what I've read there would be new ones? Of course there would be and so I hope that it will stop. But I can't, therefore I will suffer.

The temptation, my utter weakness!

Years
  • I'm co-GMing two right now Fragmented and Agony (seriously how many times do we have to nag you before you join ;)). I'm also a part of One Piece, Begin Again and Outbreak.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • Participating in Begin Again, Sword Art Online: Sanctuary, Fargona: The Land of Dragons (although I'm in the process of making a new character to supplant my old one, so I'm not sure if it counts right now), Vale Institute of Magic (which seems to be in a hiatus of sorts right now as the GM is busy of late), and finally, Co-GMing and participating in Sekirei: Wings of Fate. So I guess that's 4 active, and one inactive. I wish I could join more, but I'm barely able to keep up with the ones I've got.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • Hey, not to break off of the current topic, but I had a question for you guys. What is the process that you use to create and develop a character. Do you start with an archetype, and then personalize it, or come up with something you think think is completely new? Also, have you/do you ever base any of your RP characters on real people?

Basically, I guess I'm just wondering how you guys come up with all these awesome, unique characters I've been seeing around the RPC. It's pretty amazing at times.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Ahhh, the joys of making a character.

Now I wanna know too. xD

I try to be creative with mine but I sometimes faaaaiiiil.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • Generally, I'll think of a 'core' attribute for them first, and work out from there - for example, what I used for Irvine in MAGS was 'Bored with everyday life' (which, if I'm honest, was a little pinched from the Abarangers and Mikoto Nakadai). Then I worked out the main 'why' (couldn't get dream job), and the main 'how' (awful at being a trainer), and kind of expanded from there.

That, or repeatedly drawing them until they develop a personality and such on their own.

Also join loads of sites and reuse the same set of characters on each. Nobody will ever know!

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Currently I'm only in Ten Little Days. Trying not to overload myself.

That being said I don't think the characters I've brought here have been too unique, but on other sites--sure. I think I create my uniqueness by for one, trying to create a character atypical to the rest of the characters in that specific role play. Apart from that, if it is a roleplay where they have special abilities or anything of that nature, my characters tend to be unique because I want to create something that is fun to play. If I use the same hum-drum boring every day average Joe as a character it's not too fun to actually play--that being said, it can be, but it has to be in the right setting! I'd play your average Joe type character in a roleplay where every one else is exceptionally unaverage.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'm not in any roleplays yet. I've been working for a few weeks to make one though. Getting together art, and some lore bits. (Like a map of our made up region and some proper art of our characters) Serious stuff here. EVENTUALLY IT WILL BE MADE.

Also, to create a character, I typically just think of some other characters in fiction that I like. Then I create a similar character to that one or mash together several characters, giving them a distinctive quirk/personalized uniqueness. This makes me excited to play them. And their personality does get fleshed out as time goes on. As I play the same character over and over generally, it also works for each incarnation of that character. I think of a concept to make a variation of this character that better fits in the roleplay's setting, so that she won't be out of place. And I also change her according to the circumstances of her backstory at the time, etc.

Years
  • Currently I've got SU's in MAGS and Altaria, and looking forward to both of them. I try to sign up for new threads when I see them, unless something about it turns me off. I don't like joining games that are already started as much.

When making a character, I start with one or two characters from other media that I like, or that are sticking in my head. Then I start to modify them to fit the game, adding in bits of myself as I do. What usually happens is I end up with one of three or four "base" characters, but with subtle differences.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    As promised and sooner than I planned, here's demon hunters: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=343797

If you like killing scary things and being a bad ass while fighting for your humanity, this is the RP for you!

When it comes to me making my characters, I tend to create to the situation. But honestly, I love making average Joes who are forced into completely unaverage situations and watching them fumble and kick themselves through every dire consequence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back