• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports General Sports Chat. All Sports Welcome

Years
  • There will be at least one American in the women's final. Venus vs Sloane is going to be something else.

And let's remember that out of the four American women in contention in these finals, Coco Vandeweghe is the only one to not be a PoC. That is what I call impressive.

Also, I feel I may be rooting for Juan Martin Del Potro who seems to be on a comeback trail here. But he's got a tough match up next, which is Federer.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    3 of the 4 spots for the women are filled... with Americans. Just need Keys to complete the domination tonight.

EDIT: And it's done. All American women.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Keys takes out Estonian opponent Kaia Kanepi.

Can't believe that regardless of which way these semis go, we will have an American woman lift that trophy. I don't think I've ever seen a feat where all of the final four in a Grand Slam are all from the same country.

Also, with Vandeweghe's defeat of Pliskova, we are confirmed a new women's World No.1 will be crowned after this tournament.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    And Del Potro continues his miracle run after that comeback victory the other night.

Years
  • And Del Potro continues his miracle run after that comeback victory the other night.

Shame to see the Fed go, but I'm sure "Delpo" will have a tougher opponent in Nadal. At least there's some fresh faces like Kevin Anderson, a South African who had never made a GS semi until now. Also, we could be looking at a potential all-Spanish final which would be Nadal vs Carreno Busta.

Also, Garbine Muguruza is the new women's World No.1. The first time since 2003 when the World No.1's were both from the same country, the last duo to do that was Americans Serena Williams and Andre Agassi.

It's interesting how the women's final will be all-American while the men's final could potentially be an all-Spanish affair. I mean, when was the last time two finals in the same GS were both players from the same country playing each other?

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I officially have a favorite tennis player in Sloane Stephens. Glorious match.

Years
  • Well, Venus has been sent packing.

We will be having a fresh face win the title! Let's remember that Stephens, Keys and Vandeweghe have all not won a Grand Slam title yet.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I'm ready. Are you? Jimmy Butler, Karl Anthony-Towns, and Andrew Wiggins.

Irving-Hayward-Horford #beantown4lyf #itsnotluck #hashtagsdontworkinPC

Tbf, it is a far cry from what I expected from the C's this year of an IT4-Crowder-Bradley-Hayward-Horford starting lineup I was dreaming of but meh. Go C's!

Years
  • And the US Open Men's Final is... Nadal vs Anderson!

I'm probably going to root for Nadal here, since I feel it's been ages since he last won the title. But even if Anderson wins, I'll still take it since he is a maiden GS finalist.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Sloane just dominated Keys. Was fun to watch. I'm a fan of Sloane for life now.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Irving-Hayward-Horford #beantown4lyf #itsnotluck #hashtagsdontworkinPC

Tbf, it is a far cry from what I expected from the C's this year of an IT4-Crowder-Bradley-Hayward-Horford starting lineup I was dreaming of but meh. Go C's!

Think the C's got enough firepower to get past the Cavs this year? Not bad if it's Irving-Hayward-Horford-Brown-Morris as your power five, but honesty can't say anything about Marcus Morris.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Think the C's got enough firepower to get past the Cavs this year? Not bad if it's Irving-Hayward-Horford-Brown-Morris as your power five, but honesty can't say anything about Marcus Morris.

I don't think so. LBJ is a beast all on his own, and, if IT3 recovers from that hip injury, the Celtics need to guard a lot of people to get past the Cavs.

They will put up a good fight though and I will forever be a fan of them.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Time for another season of mediocre Browns football to begin. I'll take 5 wins though.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Rafa won the US Open, meaning the Federer and Nadal both won two majors apiece. Dream draw for Rafa though, the highest ranked player he faced was del Potro, the 24th seed. Still great to see that he's back at his peak!

Last edited:
    Back