• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports General Sports Chat. All Sports Welcome

Years
  • No Andy Murray in the US Open. Wide open field this year.

And don't forget no Djokovic either. Poor guy has to take the rest of the year off with injury.

At least Nadal and Federer will still be there but otherwise, loads of potential in the men's draw this year.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Everybody loves the Packers, ugh

Detroit vs Everybody

When you have #12, its hard not to like the Packers. Their Offense, when clicking, is the best in that division bar none. What makes me pause is their OLine(Bulaga got hurt again) and their Defense and I said so as much. With regards to Detroit, Matthew Stafford is a C+ to a B level Quarterback with an unproven backfield and average WR/TE corp(aka no one really stands out). You could argue that Megatron made Stafford better, which is a real knock on the QB. Their OLine is average and their Defense has been abysmal in the past. Despite all the high draft picks you'd think they would be an up and coming team and yet come up short time after time, which is why I call them an Enigma. I don't know what's preventing them from finally being relevant in a Division that could be theirs for the taking. Minnesota has a solid Defense but their Offense is just in shambles frankly. No QB, OLine issues and they opted for Murray over their Franchise Leader in Peterson. WTF?! As for the Bears... they're bad on both sides of the ball but in a few years they might be relevant. That's why its basically Packers by default(for now).

Years
  • When you have #12, its hard not to like the Packers. Their Offense, when clicking, is the best in that division bar none. What makes me pause is their OLine(Bulaga got hurt again) and their Defense and I said so as much. With regards to Detroit, Matthew Stafford is a C+ to a B level Quarterback with an unproven backfield and average WR/TE corp(aka no one really stands out). You could argue that Megatron made Stafford better, which is a real knock on the QB. Their OLine is average and their Defense has been abysmal in the past. Despite all the high draft picks you'd think they would be an up and coming team and yet come up short time after time, which is why I call them an Enigma. I don't know what's preventing them from finally being relevant in a Division that could be theirs for the taking. Minnesota has a solid Defense but their Offense is just in shambles frankly. No QB, OLine issues and they opted for Murray over their Franchise Leader in Peterson. WTF?! As for the Bears... they're bad on both sides of the ball but in a few years they might be relevant. That's why its basically Packers by default(for now).

I mean, for me, it's not hard to find reasons to hate the Packers, but I'm a Vikings fan.

The team also thinks Peterson has nothing left in the tank that merits the salary he was looking for, especially since he hasn't played a whole season since 2014.

Years
  • This story with Isaiah Thomas seems remarkable, I haven't seen a trade be potentially undone due to an injury before. Is this a regular occurence at all?

TKO'D LUL
    50-0 LUL

So my stomach is safe for now.

As if it was ever in doubt. I think they did well to make it play up to the spectacle it was supposed to be, but it was pretty obvious to everyone who wasn't a huge McGregor fanboy that Mayweather had complete control for the entire fight.

I'm glad they had this fight though because I think it has sparked a potential interest in me spectating boxing. I think I'll watch the Canelo-Golovkin fight and see how it goes from there.

Years
  • Sharapova wins!!

Great to hear her comeback is off to a good start. My country's got a real good rising star at the moment in Ashleigh Barty, who managed to upset Ana Konjuh, one of the seeds. Another rising Aussie, Jordan Thompson also pulled off an upset against Jack Sock.

But we didn't leave the first round without a shocker. Johanna Konta is already out!

Last edited:
    Years
  • And down goes Kerber. Women's bracket is a mess.

And in an even bigger slap to Kerber, she'll drop out of the Top 10 in the WTA rankings. Quite the slump considering this time last year, she was World No.1 and won the US Open.

Anyways, my country's top players Kyrgios and Gavrilova's matches have been delayed. Stupid rain!

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Great Federer/Tiafoe match. Lots and lots of tennis tomorrow!!

Years
  • And another first-round shocker.

Nick Kyrgios got beaten by fellow Aussie John Millman, the former seemed to have struggled with that shoulder injury again.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Sharapova wins again. Man. So good to see her back in tennis.

Years
  • The men's draw has become very open. Tomas Berdych lost in the second round, leaving Rafael Nadal the only seed left in his side of the men's draw.

Another shocker was that young powerhouse Alexander Zverev also going out. Damn.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • And in an even bigger slap to Kerber, she'll drop out of the Top 10 in the WTA rankings. Quite the slump considering this time last year, she was World No.1 and won the US Open.

Anyways, my country's top players Kyrgios and Gavrilova's matches have been delayed. Stupid rain!

If you hate the rain, all the more reason for WTA to get wise and dump New York for California as it doesn't rain in August/September(if it does it's a rare occurrence). You lose the damn humidity too. Also, College Football starts tonight and final week of NFL preseason is also tonight(regular season hype begins).

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    If you hate the rain, all the more reason for WTA to get wise and dump New York for California as it doesn't rain in August/September(if it does it's a rare occurrence). You lose the damn humidity too.

Should we also get rid of Wimbledon, where it also rains a bunch? And Australia, where it is hot as hell? Next year the US Open will have two roofed stadiums. More than enough.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Should we also get rid of Wimbledon, where it also rains a bunch? And Australia, where it is hot as hell? Next year the US Open will have two roofed stadiums. More than enough.

It can be hot as hell in CA too but my point is if you don't like the rain, don't hold Tournaments where it rains all the time at the time it's held. My other beef is that it's the US Open, implying it's the United States Open and yet it's always in New York. If Golf can rotate it's Open Major around, why not Tennis? Besides, my attention won't even be on the Tournament. Other sports are starting up that I prefer to watch.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    My other beef is that it's the US Open, implying it's the United States Open and yet it's always in New York.

The Australian and French opens never change locations. Maybe you should stick to football analysis. {XD}

Years
  • And now Gavrilova is gone... after a 3 hour, 31 minute match that now holds the record for the longest women's singles match at the US Open. Taken out by the hard-hitter Shelby Rogers.

This now leaves John Millman and Ashleigh Barty as the last remaining Aussies in the tournament.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    There will be at least one American in the women's final. Venus vs Sloane is going to be something else.

Back