• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports General Sports Chat. All Sports Welcome

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    The 49ers have a lot of cap money rolling over, but do you think Kirk actually goes to the 49ers? Or do you think he goes to a team that's a QB away?

Tough call really. First is to see if Kirk can continue this type of success in Washington for one more year. Also with how stacked the 2018 draft class is for QB's, missing out on Kirk might not be the worst thing. The Niners are a growing team after all.

However, if the Niners come out and impress, say go 7-9 or 8-8 with their new front 7 taking games over, then I could see them maybe making that move for Cousins.

Best case scenario of course ;)

Years
  • Yeah, Jimmy. One of the first crazy moves of this off-season.

Dan Gilbert is trying to do what he can to get out of the repeater tax zone where he currently is, and Kevin Durant took a substantially bigger pay cut than he had to in order to keep the Lacobs tax hit lower. These people aren't made of infinite money so they're still going to do what they can to keep out of the tax unless they can afford the repeater tax hit.

It works in the NBA because of the small size of the rosters, so exceptions are necessary to be able to sign players if injuries happen.

There's a fair bit of speculation that it had more to do with not automatically being offered the max back when he was an RFA for the Jazz, so he felt slighted, but he won't actually ever say that.
    I didn't realise you guys picked up Teague as well, very exciting times. It might be strange seeing Rubio line up for another team though.

It's probably for the best if he keeps that reasoning a secret, no reason to burn bridges in that league.

Years
  • I didn't realise you guys picked up Teague as well, very exciting times. It might be strange seeing Rubio line up for another team though.

It's probably for the best if he keeps that reasoning a secret, no reason to burn bridges in that league.

It will be very strange to see Ricky suiting up for the Jazz.

Wolves fans are going to miss this guy and his face:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Sonny Gray to the Yankees.... I'm a Red Sox fan.... my best friend is a Yankees fan....

............ nearest cliff, please?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I mean, your team's probably gonna make the playoffs, so...

More than likely, but it's the thought of having to deal with the Yankees (and my friend) that I am dreading..... we are quite the bitter rivals ;). I mean this was supposed to be a year where the young Yankees were trying to find their way, not springboard near the top immediately!

Though another chapter in the ALCS would be quite lovely I must say.

Years
  • More than likely, but it's the thought of having to deal with the Yankees (and my friend) that I am dreading..... we are quite the bitter rivals ;). I mean this was supposed to be a year where the young Yankees were trying to find their way, not springboard near the top immediately!

Though another chapter in the ALCS would be quite lovely I must say.

The Yankees have been a shocking surprise and their memery over Aaron Judge is getting old already over in /r/baseball, haha. I can't imagine what it'll be like there if his career is as long as Jeter's.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Cleveland Indians, Cavaliers and Browns.
    Buffalo Sabres.
    Minnesota United FC.
    Ohio State and Youngstown State.

Years
  • The New Jersey Devils and the Kansas City Chiefs are the only teams I follow religiously. Usually cheer for the Dodgers or Blue Jays when watching baseball, and I'm a casual follower of a few soccer/football clubs (Whitecaps, Chelsea, Juventus, Dutch + Swedish national teams). Other than that though, I have no real stake in sports teams, and just watch because I enjoy whatever's on.

Years
  • Here's my hierarchy in order of which I follow the most and least closely:

Minnesota Timberwolves
    Minnesota Vikings
    Minnesota Wild
    University of Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Minnesota Twins
    Minnesota Lynx
    Minnesota United FC

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Here's my hierarchy in order of which I follow the most and least closely:

Minnesota Timberwolves
    Minnesota Vikings
    Minnesota Wild
    University of Minnesota Golden Gophers
    Minnesota Twins
    Minnesota Lynx
    Minnesota United FC

Can you elaborate on your QB situation out there? Technically speaking you have two "quality" starters in Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford. Is Sam Bradford the starting quarterback walking into training camp or is there going to be competition for the position going into the season?

Years
  • Can you elaborate on your QB situation out there? Technically speaking you have two "quality" starters in Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Bradford. Is Sam Bradford the starting quarterback walking into training camp or is there going to be competition for the position going into the season?

Sammy Sleeves is going to be the starter last I checked. They don't expect Teddy Two-Gloves to be ready.

Years
  • Is it Teddy's team though when his knee does fully recover?

If he recovers this season and the team is already winning, probably not. One of the two will probably be traded next offseason, but even Vikings fans don't know which one will be traded. Zimmer has said "this is still Teddy's team", but Zimmer doesn't have the final say and Rick Spielman won't share what he's got planned.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • If he recovers this season and the team is already winning, probably not. One of the two will probably be traded next offseason, but even Vikings fans don't know which one will be traded. Zimmer has said "this is still Teddy's team", but Zimmer doesn't have the final say and Rick Spielman won't share what he's got planned.

If it's anything like Dallas with how they approached matters, he may be gone. Will be curious to see where either ends up. Trying to think on the top of my head who still needs a QB. Probably Cleveland lol

Years
  • If it's anything like Dallas with how they approached matters, he may be gone. Will be curious to see where either ends up. Trying to think on the top of my head who still needs a QB. Probably Cleveland lol

Depends on how much play time he gets. The idea is the team might try to get him to a state where his contract is extended an extra year for medical exceptions.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Would be funny if Teddy gets traded to Cleveland after saying he didn't want to get drafted by Cleveland.

Back