• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Giratina; Good or Evil?

Giratina Is

• Good

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Evil

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Do you find Giratina a Pokemon who wants to protect both worlds or a Pokemon who might become a threat to the world of Pokemon?

I personally like Giratina because it proved to be such a good ally in the Pokemon Movie (Giratina and the Sky Warrior).

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Haven't seen the movie, but I just caught it in Platinum the other day, and I must say that whole part of the game gave me the impression that Giratina had both worlds' best interest in mind. The lake trio were pretty gung-ho about leading me to Giratina, so surely it's an ally if they're involved, right?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Giritina is, shall I say, neutral. He seems to be right down the middle. Wanting to eat Shaymion, yet, well, just seeming like that good kinda PKMN... xD

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I think I'm gonna say neutral. The only reason he's aroused in Platinum is because Cyrus disturbed the balance. Giratina's goal is basically "Get away from me." XD

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I say evil, but I'm not taking Platnium or the movie into account. For some reason, I just like it to be evil, I don't know why. I usually see it as the mirror opposite of Arceus, and wants to destroy what it worked for. That, most likely isn't true, and it may indeed be a good guy, but I always see it as evil.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    The Platinum dex entry said that Giratina was banished to the Distortion/Torn World, because of being violent. However, Giratina doesn't do anything brutal in neither Platinum Version, nor Sky Warrior.
    In Platinum, it attacked Cyrus, by shaping its wings like claws. Apparently, Cyrus' actions were causing turbulence to the Distortion World, thus infuriating Giratina. Similarly, the Dialga v.s. Palkia battle in the anime, filled the reversed universe with some kind of purple smoke, which is why Giratina assaulted Dialga.
    And no, Giratina didn't try to eat Shaymin. In fact, it never really paid attention to Shaymin in the whole film. (How could it pay attention to something 100 times smaller than it, anyway?)
    For all these reasons, I think that Giratina is pretty much like the huge Tentacruel in Porta Vista, quiet in general, but really violent, if gone berserg.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    Havent seen the movie yet but in game it was dragged bcoz of the red chain he must be good but will like to check the platinum manga bcoz that holds the key as if he was created good or evil

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Giratina, like most wild Pokemon, are neither good or evil. It's only portrayed as evil because of it's ghostly / mysterious appearance and story. It's banished to the Distortion World because it was violent, but it wasn't intentional. Giratina had no intention of destroying the real world or doing anything else to harm it.

Oh, and you can't blame Giratina for wanting to eat Shaymin. It looks like broccoli in its land form. :D

NDS525

-NO SIGNAL-
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    It's most likely nice but can get a little too territorial...

Last edited:

Xer0

Tomboy at Heart
    Years
    The only reason Giratina committed "evil" acts, such as attacking Cyrus in Platinum, is because of it's territorial nature. It has no intention of destroying the world or harming anyone, and it's not evil.
    It just tries to protect the Distortion World, that's all.
    Kind of like how Rayquaza protected it's territory from Deoxys in the Destiny Deoxys movie.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I'd say it's neither good nor evil. I just think of it being violent, but not on purpose. It was disturbed, so you'd be a bit grumpy to. :P

Years
    Where is the "ugly" option?

Well, I think Giratina is good. It's pretty obvious that it's not evil in Platinum, and from what I've heard it's also good in the movie. Really, though, I seriously doubt that Nintendo would ever create a prominent pokemon that's evil. I haven't been watching the anime lately so I don't know if Spiritomb is truly evil or not, although it seems like the only pokemon that has potential to be evil.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    The Platinum dex entry said that Giratina was banished to the Distortion/Torn World, because of being violent. However, Giratina doesn't do anything brutal in neither Platinum Version, nor Sky Warrior.
    In Platinum, it attacked Cyrus, by shaping its wings like claws. Apparently, Cyrus' actions were causing turbulence to the Distortion World, thus infuriating Giratina. Similarly, the Dialga v.s. Palkia battle in the anime, filled the reversed universe with some kind of purple smoke, which is why Giratina assaulted Dialga.
    And no, Giratina didn't try to eat Shaymin. In fact, it never really paid attention to Shaymin in the whole film. (How could it pay attention to something 100 times smaller than it, anyway?)
    For all these reasons, I think that Giratina is pretty much like the huge Tentacruel in Porta Vista, quiet in general, but really violent, if gone berserg.
    I really couldn't put or say it any better than this, so agreed.

Giratina's like the librarian, quietly reading a book (In the Distortion World) and will bark and attack anyone who upsets the peace of their library.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I don't believe any Pokémon is evil. Giratina is definitely good; it wants to protect its world while at the same time protecting the normal world as well. So Giratina isn't evil.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back