• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going into the final week, what is your hype level like for Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    For me, it would personally be an 8 or 9 out of 10. All the leaks got me excited, Rainbow Rocket got me excited, and the idea of playing the last main series Pokemon games on the 3DS got me excited as well.

What about you folks?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • 7.8/10, too much hype.

In all seriousness though, my hype levels are through the roof right now. The game really seems to be going all out with everything, with every evil team leader coming back, new UBs which are hopefully competitively viable, and even the prospect of a legendary dump, which'll give me a second chance at using legendaries which I failed to use before due to getting a bad nature on them.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • 6/10

Sadly, the leaks confirmed that a lot of the issues I had with the original games are still present so the hype has definitely gone down. Still, I like the new selection of early pokemon and Rainbow Rocket seems to be a fun little episode.

Years
  • A loud and resounding Meh/10.

Pokemon selection is still garbage, Festival Plaza still exists so online will still be clunky, and various other issues I wont go into because spoilers. Post game seems fun, but that doesn't matter if I can't force myself through the main game to get to it.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    its over 9000!
    old memes are old!{XD}
    anyway I am excited about these games. I like what they have done with this game so far and while I DO have few problems with it BUT I like what I have seen so far.

and I REALLY liked Sun and Moon and if USUM dose well it has potential to be my favourite pokemon game.

Last edited:

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Not as high as it was for the original SM, but still pretty high. My hype has definitely gone up since the leaks, as I?m really glad they?re addressing a lot of the initial issues with SM like the long beginning, post-game grinding, the post-game in general, etc.

Also, SWAMPERT BOISSSSSS.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Hard to say, may be a 7 or so? I just know it was a lot higher before the Dex got leaked; a little let down by the lack of selection. I also REALLY wanted more Alola forms, and the continued silence on the matter has lead me to consed there likely won't be any.

That's not to say I'm not looking forward, because I really am. Team Rocket returning, riding the mascot legendaries in Ultra Space, Necrozma being the villain, ect, are all super great (for me anyway). The hype is just not what it once was...

Years
  • About 1-2/10

My biggest fear that these will have same issues as SUMO and adds more issues to that looks like reality.
    Last month, it was probably 6/10, but after what I read in leaks, it went downhill.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    About a 5 out of 10, the complete lack of brand new alolan forms so far has been extremely dissapointing. Plus from what I saw in screenshots on Serebii the game's going to follow a almost exact path like the original SM in terms of progression. Would had been nice to take slightly different routes like in BW2 outside the middle of that game but seems like it may not happen.

Least some pokemon like Honchkrow and such that I always been wanting to use again for so long seem to be early game now so that's a plus.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Pretty hyped right now! I?m doing my best to avoid the spoilers which will make the games much more enjoyable playing through them not knowing anything outside the trailer reveals etc.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My hype level has went done a bit. The story is basically going to be the same, although I can't judge that until I play the game to know if it is good or not. Although it looks like they will mostly be keeping the same personalities, so Lillie shouldn't be ruined like I was afraid of.

Spoiler:

Rainbow Rocket hasn't done anything for my hype, but I am at least glad we will be getting a larger story. Although I have a feeling it is just going to be, go in the Aether, defeat all bosses and then you are done.

So my Hype level is probably 4.5/10.

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    The lack of new Alolan forms disappoints me immensely, but my excitement is still through the roof. I wonder why they chose to not do that, since it was such a selling point for SM.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I'm super hyped! Maybe even more hyped that I was for SM, but its coming at a cost. Avoiding spoilers is getting more and more difficult now lol. My hype side is telling me to look at all the spoilers and my rational side is telling me not to.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I'm thinking it's about an Ultra Hyped/10.

I heavily enjoyed SM, and everything they're doing with USUM has me excited to try them out, especially Rainbow Rocket in the postgame. The story looks like it'll be a tad darker too (no Necrozma pun intended), which is pretty nice. I'm doing my best to avoid leaks of the game (so much so that I downloaded a Chrome plugin to block specific youtube videos) so I can dive into them semi-blind. There's so much here, and I can't wait to put multiple hours into both games!

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • 9/10 I would say.
    I am so hyped for the villains all coming back but the lack of new Alolan form did disappoint me for just that small bits.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    6/10, not that hyped, no new alola forms disappoints me greatly, GF missed the opportunity to expand on the regional variant concept for USUM. Rainbow Rocket is interesting. New UBs don't excite me, mostly because I never liked the UBs and their designs that much in the first place, and they are just more toys for competitive play.

Back