• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GT 2020 Category on Public Discord Server

Years
  • Instead of creating a whole separate server for the Get-Together, I'd much rather we had a specific category on the public server for this. The Get-Together is something that's just so... quintessentially PC. It just makes sense to have it on the actual partnered PC Server.We don't create a separate forum/website to host it, you know? Let's bring it back into the fold.

Ideally it'd go right under the official category.
    Category: GT 2020
    #GT-mgmt - Locked/Private - GT Mgmt Only
    #gt-organizers - Locked/Private - GT Mgmt + EO Only
    #gt-announcements - GT Mgmt + EO channel perms for typing, but visible to everyone
    #gt-general - this would be access for everyone
    #team-1 - Locked/Private - GT MGMT + EO + Team 1 only
    #team-2 - Locked/Private - GT Mgmt + EO + Team 2 only
    and whatever else y'all need.
    We could have a role for this created for modding within this specific category that all GT mgmt / event organizers have as well.

For the duration of the Get-Together, we can do only event organizers and moderoids as the hosted roles. We'd also be able to create any additional roles y'all need, and can create a whole separate Get-Together section on our Discord Role sheet.

Thonks?

Last edited:
    Years
  • This seems pretty solid to me. Might be a good idea to split EO and management chats too since in the past management also moderated the GT channels.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Let's do it. Worth a try!

Yes to separate temp. category for it. Opt-in role for participants so they get pings about events as well imo.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • My vote is a wait and see how many channels we're going to need based on the setup of GT as a whole, but this idea as a concept is good,

Years
  • Definitely no more to there being a separate server. And if managers could have mod perms for the channels as well that'd be cool

Years
  • managers imo need to have their own channels to discuss any inactive/problematic (unlikely but you never know) event organizers. event organizers channel needs to be its own thing for gt management + event organizers to co-ordinate.

edit: gt management also needs to be hoisted as they need to be easily contactable with any questions/concerns with regards to gt stuff

Years
  • This seems pretty solid to me. Might be a good idea to split EO and management chats too since in the past management also moderated the GT channels.
    I'm fine with that, too. We can create an event mgmt role that has modding permissions in that specific category and then an EO role.
    managers imo need to have their own channels to discuss any inactive/problematic (unlikely but you never know) event organizers. event organizers channel needs to be its own thing for gt management + event organizers to co-ordinate.
    Ye fine by me.
    edit: gt management also needs to be hoisted as they need to be easily contactable with any questions/concerns with regards to gt stuff
    oh yeah I'm fine hoisting GT Mgmt as well. We can do:
    Moderoid
    Event MGMT
    Event Organizers

Back