• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GTS offers

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • I'd like a better filter system too. Maybe some sort of check that prevents people from asking for impossible pokemon, like a level 1-10 haunter.

That being said I find this GTS slightly more usable than previous ones, there's still plenty of trolls but I just got a Phione for a Snivy so they're not all bad.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    As cruel as it sounds, I think banning legendaries on the GTS would help clean this mess up. Or at least if they could make it so that legendaries could only be traded for other legendaries. Something like that could really help, I believe. Taking the level choice off would help too. I've never understood trading for Pokemon in a specific level range, but then again, I guess that comes in handy for people wanting something low level to match where they are in the game. But in my experience, it's been more of a barrier than a helper.

Why? You can do that yourself by simply selecting "Don't Include" special pokemon in the options when you start your search. Also, the level range is EXTREMELY useful when searching for Safari pokemon, in particular Ditto. Wild dittos are level 40 or 48 or something, Safari Dittos (therefore with at least 2 perfect IVs) are all at level 30

On top of all that, who's to say what is a ridiculous trade? I posted a shiny Scatterbug looking for a Zapdos, got it within minutes. (which I subsequently continuously traded between Zapdos and Articuno till I got an Articuno with a Sassy nature) I posted a shiny butter free looking for another Zapdos, which I got within an hour, which I kept trading between Xerneas and Zapdos till I got a nature I wanted. On the same note, I posted a shiny Druddigan for a legendary but couldn't get. I couldn't even get a Metagross for the Druddigon weirdly, so I had to come here to find a trading partner for that one. Basically, while it might seem ridiculous to post a zigzagoon asking for a Zygarde, you never know what you might actually end up getting, so why not give it a shot? Other people can filter their results to ignore what you're asking for so who does it hurt?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd like a better filter system too. Maybe some sort of check that prevents people from asking for impossible pokemon, like a level 1-10 haunter.

That'd be helpful. But you'd still get the weird ones like "level 91-100 Haunter" which is the stuff that really annoys me. Like, why ask for obscure things like that? No one trains a Haunter or Braixen to level 83 to just trade on the GTS. It's just...weird.

Why? You can do that yourself by simply selecting "Don't Include" special pokemon in the options when you start your search. Also, the level range is EXTREMELY useful when searching for Safari pokemon, in particular Ditto. Wild dittos are level 40 or 48 or something, Safari Dittos (therefore with at least 2 perfect IVs) are all at level 30

A lot still show up because they're not special, so there's that. I don't really use the GTS too often, so I never noticed the function anyway. Doesn't change the fact that the GTS still needs to be cleaned up. And I just said that the level range probably comes in handy for others. I personally don't use it, and it just gets in the way of things, like when people want weird things like I mentioned in my response to Christopher.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm on the boat with Everlark; it would be really great if they made it so that legendaries could be traded for legendaries only. Either that, or perhaps they could forces us to trade Pokémon within the same size and/or stats range? I don't know… I'd personally be fine with anything, to be honest, as long as it helps clean up GTS.

Okay, you can already choose to not include people looking for special pokemon, and you can further refine the results to only pokemon you have in your PC, how much more cleaning up does one need, really?

A lot still show up because they're not special, so there's that. I don't really use the GTS too often, so I never noticed the function anyway. Doesn't change the fact that the GTS still needs to be cleaned up. And I just said that the level range probably comes in handy for others. I personally don't use it, and it just gets in the way of things, like when people want weird things like I mentioned in my response to Christopher.

Really? Well what constitutes a special pokemon then? Cause if not legendary, then what?

Last edited:

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Yes, stranger, I will trade you my level 100 Xerneas for your newly hatched, level 1 Caterpie that is most likely a reject from your breeding conquests.

This is what I tell myself everytime I log onto the GTS.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    So, basically, the only ones that are special are the Kalos Legendary Pokemon?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • I believe Mewtwo is also considered "special" . I only see people asking for them when I forget to filter out the special offers.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Yes, stranger, I will trade you my level 100 Xerneas for your newly hatched, level 1 Caterpie that is most likely a reject from your breeding conquests.

This is what I tell myself everytime I log onto the GTS.
    Well, why not? Some people do that, if it wasn't so I wouldn't have gotten a Xerneas for one of my Feebas xD

On the other hand I throw in tons of good stuff and besides of some stupid requests I made (which was mostly me messing around), I always got what I wanted. Last good deal was a shiny Crustle with Leftovers which I got a Kyogre in return.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I saw a Youtube video about cloning Pokemon last night. Apparently people make those ridiculous trade requests so they know someone won't take the Pokemon that they are trying to clone.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Last night I raged, there was a Terrakion up in exchange for a Hitmonlee, I quickly grabbed my Tyrouge and evolved it, after going back to the GTS it's gone..I just wasted a Rare Candy..damn

That's happened to me a few times as well. It's never any fun, especially when its gone only after 5-10 minutes. So close, but so far...

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2016
    Oh how I hate when that happens. I was trying to get a Winter Form Deerling but the only offer that I could "potentially" get was a 91 Weavile. Tried to trade for one, needed a Milotic, tried to get a milotic, needed a Porygon Z, go back to check if it's still there before I evolve it, gone. Luckily, I ended up finding a better deal being a Winter Form Deerling for a Porygon 2, so, there's stuff out there. :p

Years
  • I love it when someone asks for something obscure like a level 83 Braixen for a legendary or something I want. It's so satisfying knowing that Experience share+Rare Candies exchanged for trade mileage makes acquiring such things easy, and that someone is getting a trade they never intended on getting.

The fact that they haven't included better filtering on the GTS yet tells me that they don't care.

Back