• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Gunpowder (M) (OOC)

Years
    I would join but, as of right now I've only read up to Colt/GreyBidoof's first post. So not only would I be behind on ongoings but It would be my first RP, so I feel starting late would be awkward. I'll probably come back to you with my SU once either, I've cught up or I've done a few posts on my current RP which hasn't reached IC stages yet

Sure thing, so long as SUs are open you are always welcome.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
    Here's Alice's mini-SU, for future reference and to make her an official NPC :D

Feel free to add (or not) her the IC if you feel it's significant.

Gunpowder (M) (OOC)

Alice Rylian
    Age- 11
    Gender - Female
    Status - Civilian

History/Personality:

Born in catastrophic conditions, nobody expected Alice Rylian to survive more than a few days after her birth. Her mother dying soon after giving birth, Alice was born into a family shattered by grief and death.

Dr. George Rylian was a doctor, one of the best in Hummia. Citizens from all over Jeimas came to visit him, and he seemed to have a remedy to even the most incurable of diseases. He had even gained the nickname "Death Dealer", due to his reputation for his apparent ability to bring seemingly dead men back from the dead. His wife Patricia, who also a doctor, was his faithful assistant and helped with his patients. The Rylians would help any sick creature that came their way - rich, poor, old, young, animal, criminal. Being an old associate of Jedediah Rush, Dr. Rylian often met with his group in secret and tended to their wounds - no questions asked. He demanded nothing in return, only their safety and health.

Alice's mother is known to be the only patient Dr. Rylian could not cure. However, her death only served to strengthen his resolve to help men and women in need, and to never let a patient die. Unable to cope with both his work and parenthood at the same time, he married a rich widow, Lady Cosma. She admired him for his skill and dedication, but despised the fact that he gave away his services for free. This was the cause of many disputes between the two of them - along with fights about the kids. Lady Cosma was a lazy woman with four boys of her own; two being as old as Scarlet and the others a little younger than Alice. Needless to say, they adopted their mother's behavior perfectly, and constantly bullied the two sisters; with the boys often getting into fistfights with Scarlet - which she always won.

Alice's father was a religious man, and believed in good manners, firm morals and strong faith. 'Honesty, Humbleness, Hospitality.' were the family's motto. This moral code was strongly imposed on both Alice and her older sister Scarlet. While these teachings were very effective on Alice, they were near to ineffective on Scarlet. Seven years older than Alice, Scarlet was brash, hot-tempered, violent and inconsiderate - the complete opposite of Alice, who was the epitome of gentleness, kindness, indulgence and patience. Every insult Scarlet sent her way, Alice turned the other cheek and smiled. Every hit from her, Alice took in and prayed for her sister to be forgiven. Despite her violence, Scarlet was Alice's guardian, protecting her from anyone who dared touch her, and Alice always stayed by her side. Despite her disagreements with her father, Scarlet still followed his career path, becoming a nurse herself.

Despite his wife's protests, Dr. Rylian continued to provide his services to all people - including Jedediah's group. One day, though, she had had enough. As Rylian came to greet his friend, the room where they were meeting was suddenly stormed by government officials - summoned by Lady Cosma. On this day Alice's father died, shot dead in the crossfire between the gang and the officers. This left Alice and her sister alone, without a father, and with a step-family which absolutely despised them.

Always upholding the values she was taught, Alice believes with a childish naivety there is good in all people, whatever evil they may have done in their lives. There is only one type of person she truly hates - outlaws. Not only do their type go against every moral she was taught to believe, but she also holds them responsible for her father's death and her miserable family life with her step-family.

When Alice and Scarlet were assaulted and kidnapped by Jeffrey's gang, they were on their way to visit "relatives" of Lady Cosma. As of now, their step-mothers considers them dead.

Appearance:

Alice stands at an average height of 4'7", just like most other girls of her age. She possesses quite a small, quaint frame, and sports short, shoulder-length red hair. Coming from the North, she has light skin, common of inhabitants of Hummia. She has small, snub-nosed face, with wide, blue eyes and small mouth.

She most often wears a traditional white and beige Victorian thigh-length dress, along with beige leggings and black shoes.

Last edited:
    Years
    Here's Alice's mini-SU, for future reference and to make her an official NPC :D

Feel free to add (or not) her the IC if you feel it's significant.

Gunpowder (M) (OOC)

Alice Rylian
    Age- 11
    Gender - Female
    Status - Civilian

History/Personality:

Born in catastrophic conditions, nobody expected Alice Rylian to survive more than a few days after her birth. Her mother dying soon after giving birth, Alice was born into a family shattered by grief and death.

Dr. George Rylian was a doctor, one of the best in Hummia. Citizens from all over Jeimas came to visit him, and he seemed to have a remedy to even the most incurable of diseases. He had even gained the nickname "Death Dealer", due to his reputation for his apparent ability to bring seemingly dead men back from the dead. His wife Patricia, who also a doctor, was his faithful assistant and helped with his patients. The Rylians would help any sick creature that came their way - rich, poor, old, young, animal, criminal. Being an old associate of Jedediah Rush, Dr. Rylian often met with his group in secret and tended to their wounds - no questions asked. He demanded nothing in return, only their safety and health.

Alice's mother is known to be the only patient Dr. Rylian could not cure. However, her death only served to strengthen his resolve to help men and women in need, and to never let a patient die. Unable to cope with both his work and parenthood at the same time, he married a rich widow, Lady Fargona. She admired him for his skill and dedication, but despised the fact that he gave away his services for free. This was the cause of many disputes between the two of them - along with fights about the kids. Lady Fargona was a lazy woman with four boys of her own; two being as old as Scarlet and the others a little younger than Alice. Needless to say, they adopted their mother's behavior perfectly, and constantly bullied the two sisters; with the boys often getting into fistfights with Scarlet - which she always won.

Alice's father was a religious man, and believed in good manners, firm morals and strong faith. 'Honesty, Humbleness, Hospitality.' were the family's motto. This moral code was strongly imposed on both Alice and her older sister Scarlet. While these teachings were very effective on Alice, they were near to ineffective on Scarlet. Seven years older than Alice, Scarlet was brash, hot-tempered, violent and inconsiderate - the complete opposite of Alice, who was the epitome of gentleness, kindness, indulgence and patience. Every insult Scarlet sent her way, Alice turned the other cheek and smiled. Every hit from her, Alice took in and prayed for her sister to be forgiven. Despite her violence, Scarlet was Alice's guardian, protecting her from anyone who dared touch her, and Alice always stayed by her side. Despite her disagreements with her father, Scarlet still followed his career path, becoming a nurse herself.

Despite his wife's protests, Dr. Rylian continued to provide his services to all people - including Jedediah's group. One day, though, she had had enough. As Rylian came to greet his friend, the room where they were meeting was suddenly stormed by government officials - summoned by Lady Fargona. On this day Alice's father died, shot dead in the crossfire between the gang and the officers. This left Alice and her sister alone, without a father, and with a step-family which absolutely despised them.

Always upholding the values she was taught, Alice believes with a childish naivety there is good in all people, whatever evil they may have done in their lives. There is only one type of person she truly hates - outlaws. Not only do their type go against every moral she was taught to believe, but she also holds them responsible for her father's death and her miserable family life with her step-family.

When Alice and Scarlet were assaulted and kidnapped by Jeffrey's gang, they were on their way to visit "relatives" of Lady Fargona. As of now, their step-mothers considers them dead.

Appearance:

Alice stands at an average height of 4'7", just like most other girls of her age. She possesses quite a small, quaint frame, and sports short, shoulder-length red hair. Coming from the North, she has light skin, common of inhabitants of Hummia. She has small, snub-nosed face, with wide, blue eyes and small mouth.

She most often wears a traditional white and beige Victorian thigh-length dress, along with beige leggings and black shoes.

She shall be included when I do my next set of updates.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    She shall be included when I do my next set of updates.

Are we supposed to these kind of mini-SU's for every big NPC we introduce, or is this just Foxrally being nice? It would be handy to have a database to check back NPC's, but it also seems like a lot of work, haha.

Foxrally

Years
    Are we supposed to these kind of mini-SU's for every big NPC we introduce, or is this just Foxrally being nice? It would be handy to have a database to check back NPC's, but it also seems like a lot of work, haha.

I just chose to do it for future reference both for myself and anyone who needs the info.

Plus, the backstory's going to serve as a key plot element for Sophia and Alice's next adventure *nudgenudgewinkwink*

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Uh ... Gimme? I think Big Pete is still on the Wanted List, even though Colt already collected the bounty.

Seems like the wanted list isn't updated yet. Jeffrey James is still on there too.

Years
    Uh ... Gimme? I think Big Pete is still on the Wanted List, even though Colt already collected the bounty.

Seems like the wanted list isn't updated yet. Jeffrey James is still on there too.

Boo GP ur a horrible GM

...except the wanted list.
    Also Jeffrey and Bella won't be removed until Sonata hands them in to Janet. That prevents the problem I had with forgetting the outlaws bounty.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    ...except the wanted list.
    Also Jeffrey and Bella won't be removed until Sonata hands them in to Janet. That prevents the problem I had with forgetting the outlaws bounty.

I made a post earlier today where they were handed over... what was there at least.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Gunpowder (M) (OOC)
    Name: Scrig
    Element: He can teleport and that's about it.
    Bounty: $120
    Info: Scrig is a rare case, a sentient escaped familiar with an intelligence rivalling many of the smartest humans. He has a record for being extremely difficult to pin down and catch due to his size and ability to teleport without the need for a spellbook but is not a threat outside of any hired muscle. He is wanted for selling a rare and illegal opioid that causes severe hallucinations and a dangerously accelerated heart rate.

I'm in love. I'd go after hangman, but I've got to go get these drugs for.... science.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Wow, so much spoilers.
    But in other note, how are you guys making these epic posts? I really wanna make something cool like that

Foxrally

Years
    Wow, so much spoilers.
    But in other note, how are you guys making these epic posts? I really wanna make something cool like that

Glad to know you're enjoying them :D

I'm assuming you're talking about the joint posts (JPs). Basically the people who are writing them go on an online pad (namely etherpad or meetingwords - though I've been using the second more lately). You can go on etherpad.com or meetingwords.com to make one. Here's a pic to show you the basic interface (taken from MW)

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 5, 2024
    Glad to know you're enjoying them :D

I'm assuming you're talking about the joint posts (JPs). Basically the people who are writing them go on an online pad (namely etherpad or meetingwords - though I've been using the second more lately). You can go on etherpad.com or meetingwords.com to make one. Here's a pic to show you the basic interface (taken from MW)

I was mainly talking about your Sophia design (Or any other post with a cool border and character design like that. As far as the joint posts go, I've got as far as Jeb & Sophia's JP but not read it yet.) It does look really cool aswell, but I dont seee myself using anything like that yet, since I'm yet to be a part of any IC RPs.

Foxrally

Years
    I was mainly talking about your Sophia design (Or any other post with a cool border and character design like that. As far as the joint posts go, I've got as far as Jeb & Sophia's JP but not read it yet.) It does look really cool aswell, but I dont seee myself using anything like that yet, since I'm yet to be a part of any IC RPs.

Oh, you mean the look of the posts? It's called css. It's basically a sort of code that applies features to your posts, such as width, background color, background images, padding, etc. here's the one I use for Sophia (for solo posts - it's updated with Alice's info):

HTML:
    [font=droid sans][center][cd=background-color: #E4E1B4; color: #112; padding-top: 5px; padding-left: 30px; padding-bottom: 30px; width: 700px; text-align: justify; border-top: 30px double #89BA82; border-bottom: 30px double #89BA82; border-radius: 20px;][div=float:right][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/nqsZe5A.png[/IMG][/div]
    [FONT="Kaushan Script"][SIZE="5"][B]Sophia Hartmann[/B][/SIZE]
    [B]Status [/B]- Outlaw - member of Culebra clan
    [B]Sorcery [/B][B]Level [/B]- 1
    [B]Element [/B]- Air
    [B]Bounty [/B]- 400$

[div=float:right][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/b6wvSy5.jpg[/IMG][/div]
    [FONT="berkshire swash"][SIZE="5"][B]Alice Rylian[/B][/SIZE]

[B]Status [/B]- Civilian
    [B]Sorcery Level [/B]- None
    [cd=padding-right: 30px][COLOR="Black"][/font]
    [CENTER][sound=Sophia Hartmann - Outlaw]https://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/gw6pkv03ev/WildStar_Extended_OST-_Thermock_Hold.mp3[/sound]
    [SIZE="4"][FONT="frijole"]*insert location*[/FONT]

*insert title*[/SIZE][/CENTER][/FONT]
    *insert text*
    [/cd][/cd][/center][/COLOR][/font]

which gives you this:

Gunpowder (M) (OOC)

Sophia Hartmann
    Status - Outlaw - member of Culebra clan
    Sorcery Level - 1
    Element - Air
    Bounty - 400$

Gunpowder (M) (OOC)

Alice Rylian

Status - Civilian
    Sorcery Level - None

*insert location*

*insert title*

*insert text*

Even though it looks intimidating, css is actually very easy to get the hang of. You don't need to be a programming genius to do it - the fields are pretty self-explanatory. The only ones which may cause confusion are the the padding and
    tags. Padding says how much space there is between the border and the text, and
    basically means the text/image is treated like an image would be in MS word, which allows text to wrap around it and stuff.

Back