• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Gym Leaders and Elite Four

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Instead of using a grainy coro-coro scan which was speculated to hell and back, why not use the official art, which was released way over a month ago:
    https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fa/Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Sidney.png
    Which specifically does not have a mega stone.
    Maybe because I was on my phone and it was the only picture I could grab quickly.

How do you know it's not a mega stone? Even from the official art you can't 100% determine if it is or isn't a mega stone. From what I can see resembles (key word there, being resembles) a mega stone.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    He could have a Mega Stone in a pocketwatch or something and we'd never know until he pulled it out! :P

Maybe because I was on my phone and it was the only picture I could grab quickly.

How do you know it's not a mega stone? Even from the official art you can't 100% determine if it is or isn't a mega stone. From what I can see resembles (key word there, being resembles) a mega stone.
    Actually if you look at the picture Muffin provided and zoom in you can clearly make out the hands of a clock, meaning it's a normal chain watch, not a pocket watch or a Mega item.

Years
    Yeah, with Norman being the father-figure in the game and being the 5th Gym Leader, it seems plausible that he either has a Mega Evolved Pokémon or talks about it in some way.
    Well he is the father of the main character xD.
    I hope he does have one. I can see Wallace being the one to have one (if only one gym leader will get a Mega), seeing how he was the champion in Emerald. Plus his ace will join the ranks of Metagross, Garchomp, and Gardevoir in having Megas (all three being aces).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Actually if you look at the picture Muffin provided and zoom in you can clearly make out the hands of a clock, meaning it's a normal chain watch, not a pocket watch or a Mega item.

I was only using pocketwatch as an example since it's something that can be kept out of sight, I wasn't necessarily referring to Sidney's specific watch. Sorry.

Years
    I was only using pocketwatch as an example since it's something that can be kept out of sight, I wasn't necessarily referring to Sidney's specific watch. Sorry.
    I think that if he has anything hidden they'll at least hint at it in his description or in his design.

There is a chance though that Glacia and Drake could get Megas though. Also post game they (first two) could get their own Mega items (like the Rival in XY did).

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well he is the father of the main character xD.
    I hope he does have one. I can see Wallace being the one to have one (if only one gym leader will get a Mega), seeing how he was the champion in Emerald. Plus his ace will join the ranks of Metagross, Garchomp, and Gardevoir in having Megas (all three being aces).

I think Mega Slaking would be way too OP for a non-legendary Pokémon (770 BST W/ Mega Evolution). Perhaps Zangoose could gain a Mega Evolution and become his Ace Pokémon.

Years
    I think Mega Slaking would be way too OP for a non-legendary Pokémon (770 BST W/ Mega Evolution). Perhaps Zangoose could gain a Mega Evolution and become his Ace Pokémon.

Well there is the chance that his ace may not be the one he Mega evolves. Lysander's ace seems to be his Pyroar.

Years
    I remember reading on Bulbapedia (I think) that Winona's Gym could be completely skipped until you reached the Pokemon League, of which you're denied entry due to not having all the badges. I wonder if that would still happen in the remakes because it would be interesting.

Years
    I remember reading on Bulbapedia (I think) that Winona's Gym could be completely skipped until you reached the Pokemon League, of which you're denied entry due to not having all the badges. I wonder if that would still happen in the remakes because it would be interesting.

Well Winona's badge allows us to use fly, so unless someone wants to travel all the way to Slateport after confronting Magma/Aqua in Mt. Pyre it will be quite grueling to travel all the way back there...basically they might just leave it the way it was in the originals, with the hopes that one won't do that. That or they change it so that Steven doesn't give us the Devon Scope until we get it.

Years
    Sounds reasonable, as a test of the player's strength or something to that nature. I remember liking to skip Brawly though until after getting the Fourth Badge and then going back and smashing him.

How did you end up skipping Brawly? irc Mr. Briney (if only Brine were a Tm like in Gen IV, then he'll be a nice fit to give us that Tm :( ) doesn't take you to Slateport unless you get the badge...
    Edit: Nvm, it was just the letter that we needed to deliver. I must say I'm impressed you made it through that cave without the ability to use Flash. If Flash in no longer a Tm I see them making it so that we need the badge before moving on being a requirement.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2017
    I wasn't sure where to ask this so I just wanted to know if I should buy either omega ruby or alpha sapphire since I already have x? Are they gonna be better overall? Are they gonna be longer?

Years
    I wasn't sure where to ask this so I just wanted to know if I should buy either omega ruby or alpha sapphire since I already have x? Are they gonna be better overall? Are they gonna be longer?

Welcome to the forums lightmaster! There's not really a place you can ask that - this thread is for discussing gym leaders in ORAS. There are pros and cons to both options, and you're going to have to figure out what the best course of action is for you. In the future, make sure that your posts stay on-topic, otherwise I'm going to have to delete them. Happy posting!

Years
    So, guys; what do you wish to see done with gym leaders and members of Elite Four in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? Want some of them to be replaced? Hoping to see them get new sets of clothing? What kind of Pokémon would you expect them to have on their teams? Also, what TMs would you like them to give when you defeat gym leaders?

Honestly i wouldnt change a thing, im a vintage gamer when it comes to pokemon and just the fact they are giving us a 3d version of the GBA R/S is enough. Although i do hope, since mega evolution is a thing that who ever is the Sootopolis Gym leader has a mega evolution and at least each of the elite four have one too. If i had to change anything id want it to be more challenging in battle style.

Back