• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Month 2008] [BETA 2 OUT!] POKéMON MARBLE - The long life - 4/1/08

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    I don't know if this has been said before but:
    When you return to Vanilla City[1st gym], with cut. You can go behind the museum... but:
    -The scientist will give the player an Orange Pack[those to deliver Dc. Kayuko]
    -The sprite of the supposed Amber is a Gusvolts
    -The other scientist talks as if he were a [insert name of statue of pokémon that teaches moves]
    Oh and the script of the 1st scientist is the same as the one in FireRed[about the old amber and Cinnabar and etc.]

Anyway, the game, right now looks FABULOUS! I just got out of the Bomberman HQ and before that, I finally levelled up my Scimp and it evolved into a super-duper-hyper-mega-awsome Dragon/Dark pokémon... it is SOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!
    Oh Babokon and Baboqueen make me remember Cozmo and Wanda from fairly-oddparents... XD

Whoops, forgot the museum completely. I've used up most of the stuff there. My bad. Gotta block it.

Yeah, as a price for leveling up your scimp, you get expelle, which is a dragon demon. (Althoguh it looks a bit weird)

Actually Babokon is inspired in the Dopefish from the well of wishes from Commander Keen 4. Hence the "babokon lives" picture in beta 1, google "dopefish lives". It was an internet meme long ago in online games, although I just loved it from my childhood playing Commander keen 4

BTW I'm in college, haven't checked internet since sunday, so couldn't fix any bug. I don't think I can get the bugs fixed (specially because I have the improved belly dance script here in coruña... I don't think I have time to get it between getting home and rushing for the train), but I hope I can connect before next friday and get it done.
    The belly dance thing looks like a too many calls problem because it worked for me trying different possibilities in each sequence (failing/winning/perfect). So bad news: if you fail, you'll fail for good. But I'll put more time between steps, so now the strategy will be take note of the steps while the dancer does it.
    But that's 2.1 we're talking about.

Heatran said:
    Kudos to you Baro, I hope this new beta is better than the previous one. Not that it was bad or anything x3

*downloads*
    I am the first to say that quartz was... regular (as in better than mediocre, but not good)... bizarre, like those crappy old games that still rock. But it was my first hack and the end got fudged up because of technical issues (i.e.: not my fault)

[qute=ZodiacDaGreat]Brilliant Hack, nice designs Baro, I was wondering what the plot is about
    To put it short:
    Spoiler:

To put it even shorter, eternal 'youth' aka the long life.

I'll update when I fix more stuff.

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
    Years
    I don't know how to get past the police in route next to cobaltstation. And I can't find CUT. Wher is it?
    PS: MARBLE ROCKS!!!! I would pay 30€ for the game!

Toplist of Hacks: 1: Pokemon Marble
    2: Pokemon Ruby Destiny Reign of Legends
    3: Pokemon Quartz

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    hey there Teh Baro...
    I just wanna drop a comment, with a smile. :)

The hack is really nice. I love that PKMN you replaced for Pikachu and Beedrill and Spearow! (Forgive me for I can't remember their names. :P)

They're my strongest PKMN so far! :P

Anywho, just a siggestion, but why don't you put up a help thread in the scrapbox?

Best of luck and enjoy hacking! ;)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I nearly have completed the beta (I had to go too my Dads and I didn't get to spend much time on my laptop :() and so far its (IMO) A+ material. especially Kid and Curry. I probably prefer them or like them the same as Jesse and James. Anyway, keep up the good work. i couldn't find any major bugs/glitches except the ghosts with shadow tag...

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    hey there Teh Baro...
    I just wanna drop a comment, with a smile. :)

The hack is really nice. I love that PKMN you replaced for Pikachu and Beedrill and Spearow! (Forgive me for I can't remember their names. :P)

They're my strongest PKMN so far! :P

Anywho, just a siggestion, but why don't you put up a help thread in the scrapbox?

Best of luck and enjoy hacking! ;)
    Armorito, Lucivolts, turkur.

About the help thread... I don't think I have time/can/will help much on it, who knows. If someone else creates it, whoever, you have my permission, just PM me with the link and I'll just pass by and answer the stuff. Anyway I think it's not necessary.

BTW I just arrived home and I picked the belly dance source code = less time left for bugfix beta than if I hadn't.
    And not much else. Lol, today I discovered one of my friends from college played quartz. it was a lol moment.

EDIT
    PS: MARBLE ROCKS!!!! I would pay 30€ for the game!
    Don't. Seriously.

Years
    Hello Baro ,or can we find Cut ?

Otherwise good continuation and the demo is super kept silent is a true professional

I'm not PakoMaster but Onion-kun ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    Yo Baro, do you by chance go by the alias "T3H Boar" on a certain HIH?

Anyways, all derailers aside, does this one feature a map item? I'm late, I know, since I'm starting with Quartz just now, but I'm just poking around with this before dropping Quartz for it. ^^

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Yo Baro, do you by chance go by the alias "T3H Boar" on a certain HIH?

Anyways, all derailers aside, does this one feature a map item? I'm late, I know, since I'm starting with Quartz just now, but I'm just poking around with this before dropping Quartz for it. ^^
    No, I'm not T3H Boar nor I even know what HIH is

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    No, I'm not T3H Boar nor I even know what HIH is
    Ah, well, it never hurts to see if there are more people from High Impact Halo.

Regardless, is there a Town Map-esque item somewhere in Marble? If so, I will probably drop Quartz and play the most recent hack. By the way, Quartz is pretty fun. It makes me feel like I did when I first played Red a few years back. (I was about seven, and all I knew was that Pikachu was awesome. xD)

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Ah, well, it never hurts to see if there are more people from High Impact Halo.

Regardless, is there a Town Map-esque item somewhere in Marble? If so, I will probably drop Quartz and play the most recent hack. By the way, Quartz is pretty fun. It makes me feel like I did when I first played Red a few years back. (I was about seven, and all I knew was that Pikachu was awesome. xD)
    Right after You get the pokedex, go to your rival's house and Ran will give you the town map.
    But it's not done yet.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    GAME ROCKS!!!

but how can i get CUT?

or how can i come through the farmers with the police...?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Fendaril opened a HELP THREAD at the crapbox, So this thread doesn't get flooded with questions like Wiro's, which is the first one answered.

Go there to ask/answer. I'll drop by from time to time.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, Maybe tomorrow/thursday the 2.1 beta without bugs is released. It could've done for today, but I wanted to grab mastermind's command document for the add_item_to_pc command... didn't know what number it was.

Maybe I send it to Xiros first to assure it has no bugs this time, so well, that would imply friday/saturday.

I've done the back of the museum, except for one script... the one I needed the beforementioned command for. I'll say no more, but it'll be key for your adventure ;)

Oh and the belly dancing is slower but if you lose, you have to restart. The problem was on an overflow on calling scripts, I think, because I got the errors only when failing several times.
    To the ones who got bugs on belly dancing, how did you EXACTLY get them?

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    lol crapbox

Where is Explostion?
    I'm not going to answer that just because you know you've read my previous post... -_-

Also, I've just sent beta 2.1 to Xiros. It's just a matter of time of it being in WAH available to download. I told him to post here when so.

--------
    EDIT
    Beta 2.1 not uploaded yet \(º_o)/

Anyway, yesterday I've started a Spanish translation.
    Aunque apenas he salido de Pueblo Florido.

Last edited:

lanroxas

Hack Rom Fanatic!!! :3
    Years
    brrr wrong... there are 8HMs in FR/LG, the same as Ruby and Sapphire.
    The 8th was DIVE and Baro changed it to EXPLOSION. Notice the Dark blue sea tiles? Those were supposed to be diveable places.
    And he is changing the 6th HM to SPIDER WEB... [although I think its a bit weird to make SPIDER WEBs to be bridges, inside of caves XD

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Ufff... 16 hours and I still havent finished the Beta. That's the kind of Betas I like, loooooong ones :P

Everything's looking perfect, in terms of gameplay. I struggle to find cool-looking Pokemon, but at least I found a few. I just wonder if you plan to use the first 151 Pokemon, or maybe you'll change a few more (requiring the National Dex)

So far, I dont remember anything to count as a bug, but probably there was something and I didnt realize it. The only thing I remember is the stairs in the museum, they dont warp you to the second floor (you can walk over them)

Well, I have more to do, so I'll finish it later. Again, just wanted you to know that the Beta is very enjoyable. Good luck with the rest!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
    Ufff... 16 hours and I still havent finished the Beta. That's the kind of Betas I like, loooooong ones :P

Everything's looking perfect, in terms of gameplay. I struggle to find cool-looking Pokemon, but at least I found a few. I just wonder if you plan to use the first 151 Pokemon, or maybe you'll change a few more (requiring the National Dex)

So far, I dont remember anything to count as a bug, but probably there was something and I didnt realize it. The only thing I remember is the stairs in the museum, they dont warp you to the second floor (you can walk over them)

Well, I have more to do, so I'll finish it later. Again, just wanted you to know that the Beta is very enjoyable. Good luck with the rest!

Ah, yes, I messed it when I did the back of the museum. I think I modified the wrong tile.
    Fixing... [for beta 3 unless there are more important bugs around]

There are also other bugs around I noticed myself while doing the spanish translation, for example, the fat angry guy at tangerine doesn't turn at you when he takes you off his land.
    Just telling so if you find it, no need on reporting it.

Back