• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week Voting! (For 2/24/08)

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
  • I thought we should get this idea started. Basically, HOTW is used to let the newcomers know they're doing a good job, and to get people interested in their work.

RULES:
    1. A hack can only win HOTW once.
    2. You may only vote for a hack that had it's topic posted at most 31 days ago. Anything 32 days or older cannot be entered. (As in, any topic made on January 15th 2008 or earlier cannot be entered.)
    3. You cannot vote for a hack that is closed, or the author quit.
    4. Give a reason why you want to vote for this hack. Not just "It's good".

There will be two categories. One for Pokemon Hacks, and one for other. You can vote ONCE for each category.

Eligible (Pokemon):
    Secrets and Rumors
    Neo Thieves
    Psyichic Pink
    Enemy Red and Blue
    Blue Fire
    A Rising Legend

Eligible (Other):
    Mario World X
    Super Luigi 64

Example of a Vote:

"I Vote For: Secrets and Rumors
    Why: This hack can really take advantage of the crazy theories we had as kids, and make them come to life. I think this is a very good idea, and should have been done a long time ago."

Start Voting!

Last edited:

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
    Years
  • I vote for: Pokemon: A Rising Legend
    Reason: It has a fantastic use of Palette Editing, New Overworlds and Tile Editing. Also from what I've seen it would appear to be well scripted. The story could do with a bit of work, but it can't be perfect, right? I believe this will be an even great hack in the near future. :)

Years
  • I vote for Pokemon Secrets and Rumours
    Reason: It is a very unique hack and I think it will be great to see all those R/B/Y rumours from when we were younger

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
  • "I Vote For: Pokemon a Rising Legend
    Why: This hack has outstanding graphics, which is very important to me, also the author posted a video on youtube of a script, which looks quite nice."

Years
  • I vote For: Secrets and Rumors
    Why: When I was a kid, I can remember that I thought "maybe its a mew under that truck" and stuff like that, and now It may be true ^_^

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
  • I Vote For: Mario World X
    Why: As good as those Pokémon hacks look, and since I'm not going to vote for myself, my vote goes to Mario World X. Simply because it's a hack of a great game, and I've played the beta and it's quite good. Makes me feel like hacking Super Mario World. Besides, it's quite unique. It's not a Pokémon hack, it's something... different.

mistersmeargle

is a scatman.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2017
    Pokémon Secrets and Rumours
    No offence to the other hacks, they're all great, it's time for a hack that's just fun. I spent months trying to get onto the ladder on Cinnabar Gym, now I will finally claim Pikablue for my own!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I vote for: Pokemon A Rising Legend
    Reason: Just look at it, the graphics look so great, it also has very good ideas in it like mud, which is very hard to put into a hack. The tiles and palletes look amazing but the story is not so good, thats the only let down. But the overall hack is brilliant.

~C3LEBI

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    I vote for: Pokemon Secrets and Rumors.
    Why: I'd love to see a pokemon game, in which I can do all the stuff I spent hours trying to do in my old gameboy playing Pokemon Red and Blue back when I was 8 years old. And also revives me old memories of my old friends when we spent probably days talking about GB Pokemon and the TCG. It's a brilliant idea for a hack, as we shall be playing Pokemon Red&Blue with the possibility of doing everything we couldn't do back then, thanks of all of that stuff being made up and not real.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Secrets and rumours hands down.
    It is a mix of pokemon and dumd stuff our friends told us about.
    It can't get any better..can it?

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
    Years
  • I vote for: Pokemon A Rising Legend.
    Why. Awesome graphics, paletts looks briliant. Story needs work but ok(I'm not the best story maker too). Scripting is verry well done.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2012
    I vote for: Pokemon Neo Rocket Thieves
    Why: The game sounds ingenious. I have played (and beaten) every Pokemon game out there, but I have never been as amazed by a plot as I am with this game.

Eyriol

Random Brazilian Noob
    Years
  • My vote goes for secret and rumours...
    Why?What I can say besides that everything was told here?
    I want to cut the truck and get my mew @_@

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I vote for: Secrets and Rumors
    Reason: Solid looking game combined with an interesting idea. Graphics still need some development, but out of the elegible hacks, it's the one I'm most interested at (and the one I know a bit more about, since it was around on other ocassions)

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
    Years
  • I vote for Pokémon: Secrets and Rumours because it is nice to see a Pokémon Gold hack and it looks like it'll be good fun when it's done...

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • I vote for.....
    Secrets and Rumors
    I always thought that starting of in kanto in Gold would be good,and later I can
    Well,not just that,it's to see how the rumors would feel like if it was real
    Omg,Orange Islands in gold,thats cool

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Pokemon:Neo Rocket Thieves.
    This hack looks very interesting and looks like a good one to wait for a beta/alpha.
    A trillion thumbs up.

Back