• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I'm not sure when Frostbite is going to finish this great hack, and I really wish people can see a more complete version of it, so I decided to do some changes to the prototype final beta I have and make a playable game so that people can see how the story of this hack was supposed to be before Frostbite finishes it. This prototype beta contains the whole actual story of this hack since Frostbite told me so much about this, and all his ideas back in 2014 were put into this one. However, this version still lacks many things like some places are too empty, some maps haven't been changed by Frostbite, some characters are the ones I put in instead of Frostbite's actual ideas about those characters, and some new ideas Frostbite came up with like PSS split, all Sinnoh Pokemon and HM Bosses are not in this game, but still, this one should be closer to Frostbite's original ideas, so I decided to put it here.
Screenshots:
Azure%2BHorizons%2BScreenshots.png

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k3ty7h78au74eyo/Azure+Horizons+Continued+Beta+2.ips/file

There might be glitches in this prototype beta since I couldn't fully test it and it's just a prototype. Please let me know if there are gamebreaking glitches.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I'm not sure when Frostbite is going to finish this great hack, and I really wish people can see a more complete version of it, so I decided to do some changes to the prototype final beta I have and make a playable game so that people can see how the story of this hack was supposed to be before Frostbite finishes it. This prototype beta contains the whole actual story of this hack since Frostbite told me so much about this, and all his ideas back in 2014 were put into this one. However, this version still lacks many things like some places are too empty, some maps haven't been changed by Frostbite, some characters are the ones I put in instead of Frostbite's actual ideas about those characters, and some new ideas Frostbite came up with like PSS split, all Sinnoh Pokemon and HM Bosses are not in this game, but still, this one should be closer to Frostbite's original ideas, so I decided to put it here.
Screenshots:

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k3ty7h78au74eyo/Azure+Horizons+Continued+Beta+2.ips/file

There might be glitches in this prototype beta since I couldn't fully test it and it's just a prototype. Please let me know if there are gamebreaking glitches.

Hey, I just started my playthrough and came across a game breaking glitch. The tour guide in the second city ends up leaving the main character stuck on the roof of the Pokemon center.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Hey, I just started my playthrough and came across a game breaking glitch. The tour guide in the second city ends up leaving the main character stuck on the roof of the Pokemon center.

That should be fixed now, I must have overlooked that by accident. You can download the patch again to have it fixed.

Screenshots:

Download link:

The patch was updated for fixing a gambreaking glitch in Gordian Town.
The old link still works:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
That should be fixed now, I must have overlooked that by accident. You can download the patch again to have it fixed.

The patch was updated for fixing a gambreaking glitch in Gordian Town.

After I beat the first gym and visited the second floor of the oceanic museum with the legendary statues, speaking to the gentleman there generates a never ending loop of incomprehensible text.

Also, can you please tell me where do I have to go to get the second badge? Thank you!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
After I beat the first gym and visited the second floor of the oceanic museum with the legendary statues, speaking to the gentleman there generates a never ending loop of incomprehensible text.

Also, can you please tell me where do I have to go to get the second badge? Thank you!

That should be fixed now, and you need to find and battle your rival in Azure City first to keep going.

Screenshots:

Download link:

The patch was updated again for fixing some glitches, the old link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k3ty7h78au74eyo/Azure_Horizons_Continued_Beta_2.ips/file

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Screenshots:

Download link:

Sorry for the double post, but I just discovered some glitches in this once again, so I updated the patch once again.

By the way, I'm not sure if the main storyline stuff on Route 811, Route 815, Lake Aurora and final main storyline event in Polaris City work properly. Those are the most important reasons why I made this prototype beta patch. I hope anyone who have finished this beta can tell me if they worked as desired.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k3ty7h78au74eyo/Azure+Horizons+Continued+Beta+2.ips/file

Years
i don't remember encountering that many glitches during my playthrough of this game a few months ago. thank you hacksrepairman for finishing the hack, and the original creator, for making it in the first place!

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Years
In the newer version of the game, what can you do after beating the Pokemon League? I know that last time had Faraway Island and Navel Rock, I believe.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
In the newer version of the game, what can you do after beating the Pokemon League? I know that last time had Faraway Island and Navel Rock, I believe.

You can still go to Navel Rock and Birth Island from Galena City after the league. But the way to access Faraway Island was changed. Now you need to go there with the boat in Azure City once you get the 5th badge.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 18, 2021
I'm close to the end and I want it over ASAP. This is the most exhausting world I have ever navigated.

I'm stuck at the last gym that is closed for whatever reason and I cannot figure out where to go next. There is so minimal explanation of what order you should follow but it's so tiring.

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2022
Thanks for finishing up several roms. Checked out some of my old followed threads and saw the same.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Screenshots:

Download link:

Hey Hacksrepairman! I'm currently playing the completed version, which i downloaded from the link in the quoted post. I just got my fiftth badge (ground type gym leader), and I'm currently lost on where to go. Intried following the path to mount origin, but it seems like I need surf to progress. Could you please give me an idea on where to go next? Thanks!

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Years
I believe you get the Hidden Machine for Surf in the city of the fifth gym, Dordoran City. After that, you go east of Amythest City to Crevasse City where the sixth gym is. You'll go to Galena City for the seventh gym and Polaris City for the final gym after visiting Lake Aurora in Route 818 first. I think you might get Surf from a female Swimmer in a house on the eastern part of Dordoran City.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
That should be fixed now, and you need to find and battle your rival in Azure City first to keep going.

The patch was updated again for fixing some glitches, the old link still works:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/k3ty7h78au74eyo/Azure_Horizons_Continued_Beta_2.ips/file

Hey Hacksrepairman! Came across an oddity. In the attached image, interacting with the item ball directly takes you into the union room. https://ibb.co/4pBC2LY

EDIT: There's another tem ball in the same route that behaves like a a tree, cutting it freezes the game.
https://ibb.co/T26h6M3

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Years
The route south of Amythest City also has glitchy items, I believe they require Surf or Waterfall. That and I think some of the Swimmers on the sea routes have capitalized names. I believe one on Route 813 is. One thing I would like to see is all the Pokemon names being de-capitalized as it was one of the creators' intentions. Also, what is east of Route 824? The Town Map makes it look like some sort of post game area. I'm also wondering if the S.S. Aurora in Galena City was supposed to be an S.S. Tidal like ferry, complete with trainer battles. Another error I've seen in the game is that Lake Aurora and Zephyr League are misspelled in game. Another thing I'd like to add, it that the games' routes skip from Route 808 to Route 810, there is no Route 809. Another glitch that I found is that one of the houses in the northern part of Hazel Town warps you to Galena City. It's the house where you obtain the Good Rod.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Hey Hacksrepairman! Came across an oddity. In the attached image, interacting with the item ball directly takes you into the union room. https://ibb.co/4pBC2LY

EDIT: There's another tem ball in the same route that behaves like a a tree, cutting it freezes the game.
https://ibb.co/T26h6M3

Thank you so much, this should be fixed now.

The route south of Amythest City also has glitchy items, I believe they require Surf or Waterfall. That and I think some of the Swimmers on the sea routes have capitalized names. I believe one on Route 813 is. One thing I would like to see is all the Pokemon names being de-capitalized as it was one of the creators' intentions. Also, what is east of Route 824? The Town Map makes it look like some sort of post game area. I'm also wondering if the S.S. Aurora in Galena City was supposed to be an S.S. Tidal like ferry, complete with trainer battles. Another error I've seen in the game is that Lake Aurora and Zephyr League are misspelled in game. Another thing I'd like to add, it that the games' routes skip from Route 808 to Route 810, there is no Route 809. Another glitch that I found is that one of the houses in the northern part of Hazel Town warps you to Galena City. It's the house where you obtain the Good Rod.

The glitchy items should be fixed now, and I added a new route for that part of map you mentioned, but I can't add too much new content since I have no idea about the original plans. And the house glitch was fixed as well.

Screenshots:

Download link:

The patch was updated for fixing some new glitches, and a new map was added. You can battle the Gym Leaders there after you became the champion. The old link still works:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k3ty7h78au74eyo/Azure+Horizons+Continued+Beta+2.ips/file

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Years
I finished the 2022 version of Azure Horizons, I like the new content. I did however, find some errors and I have some suggestions.

-In Route 801, you can walkthrough the ledge from the south.
-You can't read the signpost outside of the old lady's house in Gordian Town, it's the same with the signpost near the Route Gate in Route 806.
-In Morphic Tunnel, you can't cross the bridge underneath Lass Dawn, there is a missing item ball where you cross the bridge, Also, there is a missing Youngster to the bottom right of the cave.
-The ferry in Azure City is incorrectly called the S.S. Aurora, when you arrive on Faraway Island it has the overworld of the wrong ferry.
-Bug Maniac Brett has a Gyarados, he's supposed to have a Volbeat.
-The northern half of Route 807 needs more trainer battles and maybe some items. You could add the leftover seven from Kanto Route 13, seeing where it appears to be based on.
-I think the ruin in Route 811 should be named Desert Ruin and have Pokemon like Sandshrew, Trapinch, and Baltoy, instead of Slugma.
- There are NPCs who still mention Tanya as the gym leader and not Grant.
-Crevasse City has a weird looking tree border in the southern half.
-You can see the walls of the opposite floor of Crevasse Gym, when on the first floor or basement.
-Routes 816 through 819 should be blocked off until you have the sixth badge, also the trainers should be higher leveled.
-Routes 820 through 822 should be blocked off until you have seven badges. You should only be able to explore the beach part of Route 822 at the time. Again, the trainers should be higher leveled.
-Route 826 should be blocked off until you have all eight badges.
-Route 818 should have more trainer battles seeing how big it is, Route 824 should also have trainer battles and even some items.
-The male Swimmer on Route 813 should have a Wailmer, seeing how it doesn't evolve until level 40.
-You can't obtain the item ball in Lake Aurora on the western waterfall.
-The cave in Lake Aurora is misspelled as Lake Aurola.
-Zephyr League is misspelled as Zephar League, also the signpost statues still say it's Indigo Plateau.
-The trainers in Polaris Gym still act like it's an electric gym, like Beauty Kana for example.
-The Exp. Share should be obtainable early, the latest I can find it was in Polaris Market.
-The NPCs in the Route 825 Poke Center have unedited dialogue, the Gentleman even mentions Team Rocket.
-You can't get Staraptor from the Camper in Polaris City.
-Ace Trainer Nikki on Route 826 should use the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Ace Trainer sprite and not the Fire Red one.
-The male Ace Trainer in Route 826 battles as Aroma Lady Violet, complete with the same Bulbasaur team.
-Both the desert of Mt. Origin and ice cave part of Mt. Origin should have more trainer battles. That and the ladder leading to the desert cave of Mt. Origin is the same up ladder in the ice cave portion and not a down ladder.
-The S.S. Aurora could be used as an S.S. Tidal like ferry on the way to the islands you can take it to. It could also the unused S.S. Anne trainer battles and the unused S.S. Tidal maps in the Fire Red data. This would give some thing else to do in the post game besides the gym leader rematches and additional Pokemon to catch. That, and you could get the Leftovers item, I don't know if it's obtainable.
-Polaris Gym should be Dark like Dewford Gym, except you can't use Flash as it's the final gym. Victory Road should also be dark, but this time require Flash, along with the new cave in Morphic Tunnel.
-Another thing that I need to mention is that you can't Fly to Scarlet Town.
-In between Gneiss Town and Windward Forest should be Route 809 as the game skips from Route 808 to 810. You could use Green Path as the main location since it has a forest entrance.
-Pokemon names need to be decapitalized, I know that was one of the creators intentions.
-There's a Pokemon Ranger in Victory Road with a Shroomish, he should have a Breloom instead.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Thank you so much, this should be fixed now.

The glitchy items should be fixed now, and I added a new route for that part of map you mentioned, but I can't add too much new content since I have no idea about the original plans. And the house glitch was fixed as well.

The patch was updated for fixing some new glitches, and a new map was added. You can battle the Gym Leaders there after you became the champion. The old link still works:

This download doesn't seem to be working. do you have any other links?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
This download doesn't seem to be working. do you have any other links?
I have changed the link, this one should be working now:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yug50nolg6xcclg/Azure+Horizons+Continued+Beta+2.rar/file

Screenshots:

Download link:

The old link is not working for no reason, but the new link should be working now:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/yug50nolg6xcclg/Azure+Horizons+Continued+Beta+2.rar/file

Back