• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
In Beta 3, the Pokemon names were intended to be de-capitalized like in Generation V and every game afterwards.

I checked out the screenshots of the unreleased 2014 beta, the Pokemon names are still not de-capitalized, so I think I should keep that for now. Maybe I will look into it in the future.

Ace trainer caroline in the gym in hazel town has a pidgeotto knows grass whistle (which it can not learn,right?),the gym leader girl's skarmory knows lovely kiss too ...
Or it is the creator/ur purpose to make the game harder?
Near the exit of windward forest(route 811) a sign
"West to Fushia city" I believe it should be Dordoran city?
So,i have finished the hack,it was much shorter than i expected.I remembered play the first beta a long time ago so when i see u-hacksrepairman-finish the hack,i was so happy.This hack has so many potentials,the evil team,the bug guy met in scarlet forest(i thought he could be an e4),...-so sad the creator discontinued it
But still,thank you so much!i really appreciated!

I have fixed all these things you mentioned, I think that Lovely Kiss move was supposed to be Sky Attack since the number of the two moves are pretty close to each other in the game. So I have changed that move to Sky Attack.

I liked this hack very much back in 2010, it's a pity that it was never finished, but luckily, there are so many unused content in this hack which can be used to at least finish the Zephyr Region. I know there's no way I can add too many new events since I know nothing about the original plan about the storyline. But still, I managed to complete the whole region.

I have fixed these things:
(1)The titlescreen.
(2)You may not be able to leave Amethyst Gym.
(3)Some glitched tiles.
(4)Some Pokemon's broken movepool.

I have added these things:
(1)All the hero and heroine's OWs.
(2)Rival's OWs and sprite.
(3)Heroine's backsprite.
(4)All the unfinished towns, paths and gyms.
(5)The OWs and sprites for the rest of the Gym Leaders and Elite Four.
(6)Some legendary Pokemon.

Screenshots:
Azure%2BHorizons%2BFixed%2BBeta%2B2.png

Download link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w27bwtc232i9fxb/Azure_Horizons_Fixed_Beta_2.ips/file

The patch was updated for fixing some minor glitches, what's more, I did some research on the creator's posts about the plan of the 2014 beta, and I found that the Faraway Island was supposed to be in the game, so I have added it in this new patch.
The old link still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w27bwtc232i9fxb/Azure_Horizons_Fixed_Beta_2.ips/file

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thank you for this Hacksrepairman.

Does anybody know where I can catch a Feebas?

Edit: Also, how do you get past that Slowpoke blocking the eastern part of the map? I have six badges and no idea how to proceed.

Edit 2: Found Feebas by fishing in Gneiss town. I still don't know how to get past the Slowpoke and I'm pretty sure I've spoken to every NPC and beaten every trainer possible.

Edit 3: The Slowpoke magically disappeared after I caught a Feebas. I'm not sure what's going on.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I would fix the gym in Galena City to make sure the bridges don't disappear as if you leave the gym the bridges go bye bye.

Pss in this game?? Fingers crossed for a yes answer.

And i know you've played a numerous amount of rom hacks. Just out of curiosity, what are your top five favorites? If its too personal you can pm me if you dont mind.

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Years
I'm guessing that Dordoran City is home to an Electric type gym leader named Katie. Amythest City was originally named Dordoran City before Beta 2 was released as Frostbite said that an Electric type gym as the third one was done before in both Kanto and Hoenn. I'm also guessing that Gneiss Town is home to the blonde rock type gym leader in the gym that resembles Pewter Gym, and she's probably the sixth gym leader? Also, is it possible to ride the ferry in Galena City?

Last edited:
Years
Pss in this game?? Fingers crossed for a yes answer.

And i know you've played a numerous amount of rom hacks. Just out of curiosity, what are your top five favorites? If its too personal you can pm me if you dont mind.

I don't think pss is in the hack if it wasn't specified in the main post with the game features. As for my top favorites, I don't really do a list as each hack I've played I enjoy very much which I play hacks to enjoy myself as I prefer not to judge games.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I finished the elite four i think the post was supposed to be legendary hunt? Is that all for this hack?
Yes, because the the creator didn't say much about what would happen, so I only added some legendary Pokemon for the post-game content.

I'm guessing that Dordoran City is home to an Electric type gym leader named Katie. Amythest City was originally named Dordoran City before Beta 2 was released as Frostbite said that an Electric type gym as the third one was done before in both Kanto and Hoenn. I'm also guessing that Gneiss Town is home to the blonde rock type gym leader in the gym that resembles Pewter Gym, and she's probably the sixth gym leader? Also, is it possible to ride the ferry in Galena City?

The Dordoran City was an abandoned name from the older beta, I used it because most of the towns which were not finished had no name, but I'm pretty sure the gyms and the gym leaders/elite four are exactly the same as the creator's original plan except for Polaris gym leader, she was the gym leader of Dodoran City from the older beta, I reused her because that gym is the only one which I can't find out who the gym leader should be. And yes, the ferry will allow you to access Navel Rock, Birth Island and Faraway Island after you get the ticket, you can get the ticket from someone in Azure City after you beat the champion.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Hey, so I just got my first badge, and I'm a little lost on where to head to next. I went back to Azure city and the chubby guy is telling me that I need to continue exploring the city. Is the second gym located in Azure city? Cause I looked all over and couldn't find a gym. Is there something I'm missing out on? Thanks in advance!

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Years
Hey, so I just got my first badge, and I'm a little lost on where to head to next. I went back to Azure city and the chubby guy is telling me that I need to continue exploring the city. Is the second gym located in Azure city? Cause I looked all over and couldn't find a gym. Is there something I'm missing out on? Thanks in advance!

You need to battle the rival in the Azure City Trainers' School first. He has a Doduo along with his starter Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I liked this hack very much back in 2010, it's a pity that it was never finished, but luckily, there are so many unused content in this hack which can be used to at least finish the Zephyr Region. I know there's no way I can add too many new events since I know nothing about the original plan about the storyline. But still, I managed to complete the whole region.

(1)The titlescreen.
(3)Some glitched tiles.

(3)Heroine's backsprite.

Screenshots:

Download link:

The patch was updated for fixing the wild Pokemon data near the caves where you can catch Latias/Latios, and I have removed the person who gives the Coin Case in Dordoran City since I have found that the Coin Case is obtainable somewhere else, the old link still works:

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 24, 2020
Are the starters gender locked?
Because I tried around 20 times and couldn't get a female torchic

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Are the starters gender locked?
Because I tried around 20 times and couldn't get a female torchic

I think it's just your luck, maybe you should try again.

Thank you for telling me about this, looks like I made a mistake writing the map header script, this is fixed now.

The patch was updated again for fixing the bridges in Galena Gym, the old links still works:

I have updated the patch to fix a glitch which makes it possible to access Gneiss Town earlier than expected.
The old link still works:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday

(1)The titlescreen.
(3)Some glitched tiles.

(3)Heroine's backsprite.

Screenshots:

Download link:

The patch was updated for fixing some minor glitches. For example, the Gold Teeth in Safari Zone was replaced by a more useful item. The old link still works:

ShadowBolt Platinum

Don't lose your way!
Years
When is it possible to explore all of Galena Lighthouse? I currently have five badges, I am currently in Crevasse City. I haven't got my sixth badge yet.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
When is it possible to explore all of Galena Lighthouse? I currently have five badges, I am currently in Crevasse City. I haven't got my sixth badge yet.

You can expolore the lighthouse after you get the badge of the Galena Gym.

(1)The titlescreen.
(3)Some glitched tiles.

(3)Heroine's backsprite.

Screenshots:

Download link:
The patch was updated for fixing Glaceon's moveset.
The old patch still works:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Playing this game again, and it feels very Gen III-like and I can really immerse myself in the game. Love it.

Back