• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Years
Hey ho I dunno if anyone will be able to reply to this, but can you get a Machamp in this game? I'm playing through it right now and I got a Machoke on my team that I'd really like to evolve.

Years
Hey ho I dunno if anyone will be able to reply to this, but can you get a Machamp in this game? I'm playing through it right now and I got a Machoke on my team that I'd really like to evolve.
Yes you can get a Machamp. While I actually didn't use a Machamp, I used a Alakazam so I know trade evolutions have been changed to evolve in different methods. It has been a few weeks since I last played this so I couldn't give a straight answer on the method used, but I'm thinking it was by level.

Years
Yes you can get a Machamp. While I actually didn't use a Machamp, I used a Alakazam so I know trade evolutions have been changed to evolve in different methods. It has been a few weeks since I last played this so I couldn't give a straight answer on the method used, but I'm thinking it was by level.

Thanks for the heads up! My guy is in his mid Lvl 40s now and I just got the 8th Badge. Looks like I'm putting her at the lead.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
You can expolore the lighthouse after you get the badge of the Galena Gym.

The patch was updated for fixing Glaceon's moveset.
The old patch still works:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/w27bwtc232i9fxb/Azure_Horizons_Fixed_Beta_2.ips/file

Hey Hacks repeairman! I just went through Frost bite's youtube channel and turns out that one of the main features he wanted to add to Azure horizons was Black and White music. If you do consider adding that in, I think it would be a great addition since it's one step closer to what the original creator had in mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvClgDkr2QU

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I liked this hack very much back in 2010, it's a pity that it was never finished, but luckily, there are so many unused content in this hack which can be used to at least finish the Zephyr Region. I know there's no way I can add too many new events since I know nothing about the original plan about the storyline. But still, I managed to complete the whole region.

Interesting to see your take on completing the hack, however, just to note all of the gym leader and elite four teams were already present in the game's 2010 patch. It was fun planning those out. Also the overworld sprite used for the Andre was supposed to be for Blake, a Dark-type gym leader that I planned for the 8th gym.

Here's some spritework I made of the gym leaders years ago,
Spoiler:

Re-imagining of Morphic Tunnel also mapped out years ago,
Spoiler:

Route 807 (full map),
Spoiler:

"Gneiss Town",
Spoiler:

Victory Road (exterior) as seen in YouTube video,
Spoiler:

This project has always been in the back of my mind. I definitely would like to complete it one day and add in ideas and characters developed in hacksrepairman's version. I thought that the Latios and Latias areas were particularly interesting. There are many more parts of the region that I've mapped out from years back and ideas that haven't seen the light of day yet.

Hey Hacks repeairman! I just went through Frost bite's youtube channel and turns out that one of the main features he wanted to add to Azure horizons was Black and White music. If you do consider adding that in, I think it would be a great addition since it's one step closer to what the original creator had in mind.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvClgDkr2QU

Yes, I originally wanted to add some 5th gen tracks into the game as it does give the game a different feel. Unfortunately, I've lost the original midi and sappy files for the tracks that are seen in my YouTube channel! I had to edit the ROM to allow for more voice tracks to be played simultaneously. A track sounding like the ones on my channel would play differently on a vanilla Fire Red ROM.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Holy snap! Welcome back Frostbite, forreal! It's not everyday that a hacker who hasn't logged in ages returns! I hope you've been well. I look forward to what you and Hackrepiarman can works towards.

Red123456789

Pixel
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 13, 2021
I just finished the poison type gym, and I was wondering where to go next. Both Hazel and Galena gym you can't challenge, so where do I go? Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Interesting to see your take on completing the hack, however, just to note all of the gym leader and elite four teams were already present in the game's 2010 patch. It was fun planning those out. Also the overworld sprite used for the Andre was supposed to be for Blake, a Dark-type gym leader that I planned for the 8th gym.

Here's some spritework I made of the gym leaders years ago,
Spoiler:

Re-imagining of Morphic Tunnel also mapped out years ago,
Spoiler:

Route 807 (full map),
Spoiler:

"Gneiss Town",
Spoiler:

Victory Road (exterior) as seen in YouTube video,
Spoiler:

This project has always been in the back of my mind. I definitely would like to complete it one day and add in ideas and characters developed in hacksrepairman's version. I thought that the Latios and Latias areas were particularly interesting. There are many more parts of the region that I've mapped out from years back and ideas that haven't seen the light of day yet.

Yes, I originally wanted to add some 5th gen tracks into the game as it does give the game a different feel. Unfortunately, I've lost the original midi and sappy files for the tracks that are seen in my YouTube channel! I had to edit the ROM to allow for more voice tracks to be played simultaneously. A track sounding like the ones on my channel would play differently on a vanilla Fire Red ROM.

I'm so happy to see you come back. I really wish this hack can be finished by you for real someday. If you still wish to keep it up, then I hope there is someting I can help, is there anything I can do to help you to finish this?

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
I'm so happy to see you come back. I really wish this hack can be finished by you for real someday. If you still wish to keep it up, then I hope there is someting I can help, is there anything I can do to help you to finish this?

I don't have as much time as I'd like to work on the hack nowadays, but if you'd be willing I can send you unreleased maps and other graphics to add into the game. I can work on adding core features (like pokédex expansion), plan out in-game events, and give you an idea of the story line. Perhaps we can release a more polished version of the hack. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
I don't have as much time as I'd like to work on the hack nowadays, but if you'd be willing I can send you unreleased maps and other graphics to add into the game. I can work on adding core features (like pokédex expansion), plan out in-game events, and give you an idea of the story line. Perhaps we can release a more polished version of the hack. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I am very interested in helping you to finish this since this is actually what I hope to do, I have sent you a PM and I really wish this hack of yours can be brought back to life for real.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
Years
Hey everyone, I'm Allen and I typed up a walkthrough for this game. Many thanks to Frostbite the creator and to Hacksrepairman for helping to finish it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ifBFXyHgYZEWZCLD7RzNH1MSjJdVwE6A

Other games I've done walkthroughs for so far:
Pokemon Liquid Crystal Beta 3.3.00512
Pokemon Grape (Final v1.4 and v1.5)
Pokemon Glazed Beta 6.8.3 (TrainerX493 version)
Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter Beta 14 and 15 (works for 15.4)
Pokemon Flora Sky (Complete Dex version)
Pokemon Mega Power 5.59
Pokemon Resolute v2.78
Pokemon Light Platinum (covering the Lauren region)

If you have any requests for walkthroughs you can either PM or email me ([email protected]). Email is best because I check those first. Cheers!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 31, 2023
seeing the original creator and hack repairman gonna collab is really a good things too see. good luck both of you cant wait to see the completion

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 27, 2022
Looking forward to this. I finished playing hackrepairsman mod months ago with Moemon mod and it was a fresh experience.

KdVUSSA_d.webp

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Welp, after almost a year, I finally got around to finishing this hack, which I started in late April 2020, I had gotten caught up doing other things, so that's why I played on again/off again since July. What a great hack, it was well made and quite beautiful.

Back