• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking Resolutions for 2016?

Years
  • Do you guys have anything in particular you want to have achieved in relation to hacking during 2016?

Maybe it's finally getting a beta of a hack released, improving your mapping, getting to grips with ASM, etc.

For me I want to, hopefully, actually finish my hack (at least up to the conclusion of the main story / up to the E4), and actually sit down and learn how to use C to make more advanced stuff.

Years
    • CO
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    I would like to get a beta out...

Build up my understanding of ASM and Scripting as well as improve on tile editing and animation editing.

I would also like to refine my thread on fakemon and sprite making in general...

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Good topic! I'd like to learn about music hacking and how to do things I consider advanced like expand and repoint tables/hex. Oh, and get the beta out for the hack I've been working on for the past two years and still seems to be getting nowhere lol

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I don't know. I've been really disconnected with the hacker community as of yet. I want to try and make a habit out of talking to you crazy people.

That, and I really really want to help someone with their hack. My hacking skills are so rusty, they might as well be broken. I can, at the very least, help someone with theirs. I think I'll just start helping people as opposed to making my own.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Probably just stop adding things to my "todo" list and actually get on with doing things on said list. It is pretty much do one thing and two more pop up. =\

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • I'd like to set some time aside to seriously learn ASM and join the ranks of the ASMagicians who can seemingly do whatever it is they set their mind to in their own works. Then, I'd like to use that knowledge to fully complete and release my sideproject hack (which I started because for it to be perfect I'd need ASM knowledge--the push to learn). When that's done, I'll either start serious work on my main project, which will not be as ASM heavy, or do another hack in the same vein and using pretty much all of the same resources of my sideproject to "complete the set" as it were, which I imagine would take little more than a month or two if everything I did in the sideproject ports over well. Fortunately, little things that are really important for my sideproject(s) are being discovered fairly often, so the work is getting chopped up into smaller and smaller pieces while I'm finding some time to set aside.

Back