• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has the anime made you like some Pokemon more?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • Or maybe caused you to like them less?

What I mean by this is maybe seeing a Pokemon being animated made it look more appealing to you. For example, I didn't like Minccino until I saw the episode where Bianca caught one in BW, then I decided that it was pretty cute and I liked it a lot :) So has anyone else had this experience?

Years
  • Bet anyone didn't know this, but the anime played a small part in making Oshawott the mascot Pokemon you know me associated with today. I did like the Pokemon's design initially but it was hearing its voice in the anime that made it seal the deal as my Poke-Mascot to this day.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    The anime gives personality to some pokemon. Like, I really love Snivy, and Froakie's/Greninja's attitude and personality. Plus I have a thing for Meowth thanks to the Anime, so I always train one up to lvl 100 and never evolve it.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Since I started watching the anime before playing the games, I guess I like some of my favourite Pokemon because of the anime.

Bye Bye Psyduck is the reason why Golduck was one of my favourite Pokemon when I was a kid.

Seeing how cute Dratini is in Beauty is Skin Deep made me like it as much as Dragonair and Dragonite.

Furret became one of my favourites after seeing one frolick in the grass in the 4th movie. That movie is also what made me like Scizor and Sneasel.

Ever since Dawn caught Togekiss, I started liking that Pokemon more.

Any episode with May's Skitty in is the reason I like that Pokemon and Delcatty.

I didn't really care about Emolga until I saw Iris'.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh definitely! Most poke´mon, tbh haha. Some that especially come to mind though, are Skitty, Beautifly and Shiftry.

Years
  • The only Pokemon that really stands out as the anime making me like it more was Meloetta. Meloetta's story arc was quite fun. Oh, right, and Mewtwo as well.

Outside of that, no Pokemon stand out as being favorites of mine because of the anime.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    I used to hate Quagsire until I saw the episode of the anime where the Quagsire steal all the balls. Now I find them adorable.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Buterfree, for sure. I don't have much of a story behind that, though! Before the Pokemon anime, I never really gave much thought about Litleo, but seeing how the anime tried pulling a Lion King idea with it really made me appreciate the Pokemon more, tbh. That was a fun time. Many other Pokemon in general, though, but those are the two I can think of off the top of my head that stood out to me far more.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think it's the other way around for me. I play the games and then want to watch the anime. I am always especially interested in new regions, because I can't wait to see how the Pokemon play out on TV.

Years
  • I started to like Arbok and Corsola alot cause the anime.
    Of course the more I watch the anime, the more I like pokemon that are new to me. Im only at the master guest, so I have alot to watch. :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The shows definitely made me like Noivern, Torkoal, Hawlucha and Glalie more. I usually become a huge fan of the pokemon Ash uses in most cases. I never liked Goomy or its line until Ash caught one.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • Ive started watching the anime from the beginning (now on episode 265) and i got really interested in some pokemon like Starmie and Scyther, more recently ive seen Tyranitar and it looks really cool so i might aim to get a shiny one in my games because of it

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • There are two reasons why I changed my mind about choosing Piplup as my starter in Pearl; I don't like its evolutions as much as the other two starters and I found Dawn's Piplup in the anime annoying because of how bratty he was and how much he was shoved in our faces along with Pikachu. However, I grew to like him a little by the end of the DP series and I even felt bad for him in Memories are Made of Bliss.

Life

[FONT="Poiret One"][color=#aaaaaa]Perception of Re
    Years
  • Two of my favourite Pokemon (Buizel and Mawile) are due to the anime. Buizel due to Ash's Buizel who was really cool and Mawile due to an episode where someone's Mawile fell in love with Brock's Lombre.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2017
    I love charizard sceptile infernape buizel and many more just bcoz of the anime

Back