• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever been bullied or harassed?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Did you do anything about it?

For me I've been insulted plenty of times, like being told I look, smell and dress like an ogre/hobo. But usually people ignore my existence but when they don't, they laugh at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I've only been bullied in elementary and I have met alot of people who have also been bullied in elementary. Actors and singers also reveal in interviews they have been bullied when they were in school.

I remember one time in elementary during lunch time, I wanted to play with a ball but my classmates wouldn't let me and they grabbed my arms. I managed to set one of my arms free and I scratched one of the girls neck who was grabbing my arms and she started to bleed. My classmates immediately sent her to the nurse's office and when she came out, she was wearing a big cast around her neck.

Another time in a school van, I was getting sexually harassed by two boys who were 14-16 years old and I was only 12. I was a shy quiet girl and the boys kept trying to get me to talk and they were touching my arms and breasts.

Middle and High School was alot better for me because I did not get bullied or sexually harassed.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
In elementary school, where the teacher would take part in it. Eventually, it turned physical.

Then in 9th grade, by someone I nearly considered a friend.

pkmin3033

I face a low-key harrassment from my mother on a practically daily basis. I've learned to live with it; they're just words and I've heard it all before. Beyond that...I don't really have enough contact with other people to experience this any more. My response to it was just to avoid the people involved when I was younger.

Mariposa

Banned
Years
Is it just me or are bullies always either a really short guy who's overcompensating or is someone who's really big and obese with a serious case of dunning kruger effect?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Is it just me or are bullies always either a really short guy who's overcompensating or is someone who's really big and obese with a serious case of dunning kruger effect?

I was the really short guy being bullied all throughout elementary school. Finally stopped in junior high, even though I was (and still am) really short.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I was bullied for liking what I liked, and being quiet, but then when I tried to talk, I was still picked on for trying to talk. It was a lose/lose situation for me when I was younger. Though, as I got older I got a kinda fuck you mentality, and walked around more confidently. Kinda learned that ultimately, kids are just assholes. Like all the way up til college slaps them in the face and they realize bullying got em nowhere. lol

What's sad is that kids usually bully because they're either mistreated themselves, or have confidence issues also, but like.. there's other ways to handle that.

Years
All throughout regular school and in college.
A few highlights include:
my clothes and school work being destroyed in 7th grade during gym
A kid in 8th grade bringing a knife to school to kill me
The principal saying I stole a book and suspending me in 7th grade
A teacher suspending me for defending myself from a bully in 9th grade
A girl threatening to kill me in 11th grade
A teacher in 11th grade failing me because she thought i wasn't smart
Having my textbooks that I just bought for $600 stolen in college
Teachers in college telling me to leave their program because I'm autistic

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Yes. I was bullied in preschool, bullied in elementary school, teased in middle school & high school, and harassed sexually by this guy CONSTANTLY on the school bus in senior year. =/ My parents used to harass me and call me names, too, but they've mostly stopped because I started fighting back.

I've been harassed online, too, but nowhere near as bad when I was bullied/harassed in school. Also, most of the time, the teasing was because of how "weird" I was or the fact I liked Pokemon..... sigh.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Boy howdy have I. I was bullied a bit in elementary school and a lot in middle school. Got called awful names and was even harassed online by the same people too. It made me do some awful things I regret and habits I'll be stuck with for the rest of my life. So thanks for that.

I'm obviously sugarcoating what I went through because no one needs full on details but.. it wasn't fun, at all. Middle schoolers are cruel and relentless.

Last edited:

Lord Flamingo

Hmm, pretzels.
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 13, 2018
I used to be bullied for being weird, nowadays, I have a lot of friends and no-one's trying to bother me anymore.

Years
So, I'm the only one who wasn't actively bullied then? There were definitely plenty of people who were mean to me or times people were assholes to me, but people never really went out of their way to make me a target or anything. I was mostly left alone.

Mariposa

Banned
Years
So, I'm the only one who wasn't actively bullied then? There were definitely plenty of people who were mean to me or times people were assholes to me, but people never really went out of their way to make me a target or anything. I was mostly left alone.

I was picked on a few times throughout school but as it turns out when you have a black belt in martial arts you don't get bullied very much.

I knew those classes would pay off. haha

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
There was always teasing in school, but I was so happy to find high school was really nothing like all those bad 90s films made it seem like.

Nothing like that.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
Its hard to say if people REALLY bullied or harassed me, but i've felt like they did in past years when they would tell me that 'girly girls are bad people'. Because i can't stomach the idea of being a bully for ANY reason and i've always grew up a girly girl who doesn't naturally like 'boys' stuff very much. I'd like to think I can just like what I want and not worry if it'll hurt other people in the end. >:(

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I've been bullied and I've been the bully. Ultimately in a society that teaches you that your own progress is worth more than the happiness and health of others is going to breed a dog eat dog mentality where people act out to seem more powerful and less of a target themselves.

UnfadingLight

Light Warrior
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
I have Asperger's syndrome/"high functioning" autism and bipolar 2 disorder. In addition, I've been overweight since I was about eight years old. Due to my poor social skills, my weight, and my tendency to cry easily, I was mercilessly bullied from the ages of 4 to 18.

People would call me names like the "r-word", fatso, ugly, etc. One kid said he'd be my friend "if I weren't so fat". People would ask me out as a joke and then laugh at me if I accepted.

Because of all of this (and more), I was hospitalized twice, both times on suicide watch. I still get very depressed at times, but never like that. I was also suspended twice for defending myself against bullies, but the bullies never got punished and were never forced to apologize (but I was).

I still have trust issues with other women. In school, the girls I knew were catty and would spread rumors about you while pretending to be your friend. The guys were usually more direct if they didn't like you. I still get along better with men than women - my best friend is a man.

Bullying and joblessness have both wrecked my self-esteem. If any of you who are reading this have bullied someone or have been a bully, please remember that you could ruin someone's life forever.

Last edited:
Back