• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Have you ever caught 'em all?

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • I got everything in silver possilbe without cheating (Mew ect) but it really wasnt that hard back then 250 pokemon easy 493 not so much lol

alexis515148

The shiny pokemon trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2021
    I got all pokemon on my crystal without cheating. I got mew by the mew glitch in my red and celebi by using a glitch.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    Nope..And I guess I never will unless..I GET AN AR!!! Muahahahaha!!!! x3

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • It may sound crazy, but I've caught them all without cheats in a few versions:

Red (a friend traded me the Mew before I knew about the glitch)
    Silver (I cloned the Color version-exclusives in there, and got Celebi from another friend's Crystal)
    Sapphire (Had someone else's Ruby, and also have Colosseum, so that worked)
    Firered (Same as I did with Red and Silver, but with Sapphire and Firered)
    Pearl (Except Arceus, of course...)

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Heh, I never did. I'm pretty sure I never even got close when I had played red (I used to catch hardly any pokemon, and I only played it again recently), but soon I want to take another nostalgia trip and try and get all of them.

Then I'd most likely start up a GenII game and do it in that!

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    But on my silver file (300 total minutes played), i was 20 pokemon away from catchin' em all, but i turned my game on after not playing for 3 years seeing that the file had been erased and my internal battery had died. =/

Catching over 200 Pokemon in 5 hours is an amazing feat.

JojoX2

Medicham Fan *Chammy ftw*
    Years
  • I caught 248 pokemon or so in Crystal. The missing ones were Girafarig, Vileplum and Celebi. But my game didn´t accept the link cable anymore, so I never got all of them...
    Oh, I got Mew with the Mew cheat in RBY

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2009
    I got all the 151 pokemons on pokemon red,by trading with blue,
    number 151 = mew,i've got him due a glitch.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I almost did in Sapphire, until Feebas and it's beautiful evolution form stopped me cold.

So, no, I never did. ;-;

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Yes, I have all 251 Pokémon. Yes, it took a long time, but I got the job done. (I think I got my Celebi when I was five years old from a event, but everything is hard to remember XD.) Also just to finish off, I've completed the PokéDex on all of my games, including my Pearl Version (National).

Last edited:

fishrocker

the fish that rocks
    Years
  • my friend had 178/251 on Silver w/o trading... then he turned it on, only to find his data had been corrupted. I, however, have never come close. I accidentally slept on Yellow, thus resetting the game. My 5 yr-old brother started a new Blue Version file, and never played it again. My Silver version got corrupted, so I sold it :P. I have about 40 on my Crystal (still workin' on it). I forget how many I have in FR, E, and Pearl. So, no I've never completed a Pokedex, but I hope to do so

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    I caught 'em all in my Blue version.

Technically, I caught 'em all in my Pearl version, with the exception of Arceus of course. All of the pokemon I caught are legit, and I do not cheat at all. So I have 492/ 493 Pokemon in my Pokedex.

Now I'm aiming to create a kick-ass battling party, however, I don't know how to start. I wish somebody could help me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2009
    I got them all in my yellow plus mew and Crystal I was just was missing Celebi. I'l going to do it with my blue and sliver one day when I have time. I got Ho-oh quick from my friend that had gold so that was cool that I actually got to trade with a friend instead of my self all the time lol.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • As my signature suggests, I caught all 150 in blue without cheats. I didn't have red or yellow either, so I had to find other people to trade with.

Years
  • OMG !! xD .. I don't even know where my Pokemon red is xD
    but I never cought 'em all ^^" .. since I didn't have any one to trade pokes with ^^"

Back