• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have You Ever Hurt Somebody Close to You?

Taiji Dragon

Have you ever hurt somebody that is close to you like a friend or a familiy member? Perhaps you said something that hurt their feelings or you did something that they now find it hard to trust you. What was it?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've never intentionally hurt anyone I care about. Usually it's collateral damage. I'm decidedly very spiteful, passive aggressive and I'm rather good at manipulating people. So if someone I care about takes offence or gets caught defending someone I don't like, it wasn't technically me, but I guess it was, indirectly.

I just read that back and it makes me sound horribly petty. I can assure you this kind of thing is a rare occurrence and usually the end result is moderate humiliation or some kind of mild emotional trauma. I'm not going to take it so far as to completely ruin someone's psych, and they have to be a pretty bad person for me to explicitly target like that.

Years
  • I don't think I have...? I do everything in order to not have my friends or family become distrustful towards me because that would mean feeling extremely guilty, which I would like to avoid at all costs. The only time I can possibly think of, in terms of physically hurting someone, is slapping my sister across the face probably ~10 years ago because I was fed up with her constantly stealing my clothes without asking permission >>;; Another incident might have been during my anorexic phase where I (ashamed to admit this) would often plastic bag my food, and throw it out or flush it down the toilet without anybody knowing >< That might have hurt my parents' feelings since not only were they worried about my health at the time, but also hurt to think that their daughter would go to those means to be skinny when children in Africa are starving. They always bring that guilt trip up whenever they notice I'm not eating enough...

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I sure have and I suppose it will happen again. Well, at least it was unintentionally, even though looking back that probably doesn't make it any better.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I mean, surely everyone has.

Yeah, this is one of those threads where the answer basically shows whether or not you're a liar - every single person except for maybe babies have hurt someone close to them at some point in time. So either people who say no are lying or they honestly think they're so perfect that they never hurt a person close to them, which....yeah that's not how people work.

Anyway to the topic, of course I've hurt people close to me. I've snapped at my mother many times, my sister and I no longer talk, my best friend and I have gotten in fights over dumb things that were my fault. Some of them have left lasting marks on my life and some we've gotten over and gotten back to where we were before.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I had never experienced hurting someone close to me, until about this time last year. I had been dating this girl for about a year, and broke up with her. She was sad, but her mother was more crushed than anything. I had to deal with all of the crying and drama that came with it, worse case scenario. Oh well, things are still strange but they are what they are I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    no never i've been alive for 22 years and never did anything in my life to hurt someone else whether intentional or unintentional.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Probably. No one ever tells me when they're upset with me so idefk. I actually had a falling out with one of my old friends, and her other best friend got angry about it but, for five months, through an entire musical production, did not breathe a word about it until I told her I didn't want to be friends with her anymore, which incited a long day of school in which I had to deal with her crying and her boyfriend, one of my close friends, almost threatening to beat me* up. It was terrible and annoying on every level. It's now incited me to stop giving a ♥♥♥♥ if people are upset with me.

* Just realized that I put "beat her up". Whoops. He's not a woman beater.

Last edited:

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Of course I have. With my many mental instabilities, I'm BOUND to hurt someone. I remember one incident where I hurt someone very callously. You see, I would write about them in public in a blog and put all sorts of negative things in there, knowing that they would probably read it. Yet I was emotionless and careless due to the... very negative ways our relationship had gone. I didn't care about how it could've hurt their feelings. If I stop thinking for just a minute, I can be so cold and so feelingless. It's something I feel rather bad about and I wish that I could speak to them just again and apologize for all the offensive things I've said.

Even though I usually try to be kind and empathetic, it's not easy to always keep my darker side in check. I've also hurt people unintentionally - by being so immersed in myself that I didn't even think about them. I never mean to cause pain, but as I am human and imperfect, I end up doing it a lot. I also had to crush an ex-boyfriend's heart by breaking up with him. Then there was the time I gave one of the longest spite-filled rants that took me three days in the form of an e-mail that absolutely BROKE another ex-boyfriend to the point of them feeling just numb to everything. At the time, I know why I did it. He had caused me much pain for an entire year but I know I could've gone about it better. Just goes to show - if I'm angered enough, I can sting really damn hard.

Years
  • Yes, I have, on many occasions.
    I have hurt girls during my adolescence because of my mentality of 'consume and throw away'; I have hurt my mom too with my stubborn and rebellious behavior.
    The person I have hurt the most, though, is my best friend from high school times.
    We lived about 900 km away from each other, and I would stay at her place for a week every odd month or so, except during vacations where I would stay two weeks.
    Her parents were very welcoming and always very polite to me.
    She was overweight, and she constantly needed someone's attention to make her feel as an attractive girl. She had the same boyfriend for many years, and probably still has. One summer we planned to meet in a city and go to a concert; there, she met with a guy younger than her, and quickly got in his bed. I was extremely disappointed, and had to reveal what she had done to her parents and boyfriend ( who deserved to know the truth, they are the best parents I ever met, and the boyfriend himself was a saint ).
    Our friendship ended just like that, she trusted me with everything, I betrayed her and she never forgave me.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Yes I have, unfortunately. And unintentionally at that. Which I think, somehow, makes it all the worse.

Last edited:

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • Yes, I have, on many occasions.
    I have hurt girls during my adolescence because of my mentality of 'consume and throw away'; I have hurt my mom too with my stubborn and rebellious behavior.
    The person I have hurt the most, though, is my best friend from high school times.
    We lived about 900 km away from each other, and I would stay at her place for a week every odd month or so, except during vacations where I would stay two weeks.
    Her parents were very welcoming and always very polite to me.
    She was overweight, and she constantly needed someone's attention to make her feel as an attractive girl. She had the same boyfriend for many years, and probably still has. One summer we planned to meet in a city and go to a concert; there, she met with a guy younger than her, and quickly got in his bed. I was extremely disappointed, and had to reveal what she had done to her parents and boyfriend ( who deserved to know the truth, they are the best parents I ever met, and the boyfriend himself was a saint ).
    Our friendship ended just like that, she trusted me with everything, I betrayed her and she never forgave me.

I wouldn't feel too bad about it. I understand your guilt, but it was probably for the best. She could have hurt others even more with cover-up lies or even done the same thing again. She learned her lesson. You HELPED her. Hopefully you two can make up. :)

Anyway, I have never hurt anyone majorly. If I do, it's on accident (my sin nature, my oh my). I make quick remedies and always apologize, be nicer the the person, and try toake up for whatever I did.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Yeeeaaaaap~

So much hurt. Most of the time it's unintentional, because I just suck at social-y-ness, but I ain't all innocent either. I prefer to avoid conflict whenever I can, but when I get mad, I tend to say stuff that I just can't take back afterwards. And it isn't like I'd want to either. I don't get pissed off enough to hurt someone intentionally very often, because I try my best not to get too angry, period, but there is a line - and once that's crossed there's no going back. I can't count how many friendships I've destroyed with just a few words after I got pissed off enough.

It's not like I enjoy hurting people's feelings, but there's a point where I just don't care anymore. I guess you could call it blinded by anger, or something. Do I feel regret afterwards? Depends. If I feel the person deserved it, or if I'm pretty sure they'll get over it soon enough, no. And most of the time, that is the case. But there have been a few instances where I did end up regretting what I did, though I try not to linger on the past.

As for trust... hah! Nobody trusts me fully, not even my closest friends. At least not for everything. They can trust me with secrets or personal things and such, but it's my own words that are often questionable. I'm probably about as close to being a pathological liar as you can get without being one, and all the people close to me know it. Especially my family. I can't count how many times I've deceived them. Don't get me wrong, we get along relatively well, but it's gotten to the point where when I say I have a stomach ache they won't believe me, because they see it as lie I'm using so I can be lazy all day. In other words, I'm basically the boy that cried wolf. A lot. And I don't blame them, their reasoning makes perfect sense, but on the other hand I don't really feel bad about deceiving people either.

Sirfetch’d

Really hurt my best friend once. It was mainly because I was being an outright dick like I used to have a habit of doing and also the fact that I just don't know when to shut my mouth. I felt so bad about it though and apologized about 100 times even though he forgave me quickly.

Back