• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Have you had the vaccine yet?

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I got both shots of the moderna vaccine back in May. The first shot only stung a little, but the second one gave me a nasty migraine. It's nice to have it since the rest of my family is vaccinated too!

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Yup, I got my first dose of the vaccine not too long ago!! ^^
    It was so tiny, it was done before I finished reading Surat Al-Fatiha (I hate needles, so I always read Quran to myself to calm down and make it hurt less), I was so amazed snd confused it was over so quickly!!
    I had no adverse reactions, thank God.

I already had a possible (mild) case of COVID early this year—I was sick for like two weeks, my sense of smell was going, I spent a lot of time bedridden, feverish with chills, often headache-y—but I kept the fever in check after that with regular Paracetamol every 4 hours... I mostly had a runny nose. Self-isolated, washed my own dishes with disinfectant, ate away from everyone, etc.

So, glad I didn't have to go through any of that again. ^^;;;;

Years
  • My body hates this vaccine. The night was very hard. I was hot and feverish, breaking out in a sweat, all my limbs felt like they were just burning up, and they felt stretched, there was general body pain, headache with particular pressure on the sides of my head, my eyes hurt. So much throbbing pain in my arm that I felt like I had dislocated my shoulder. Got chills, and I thought I was gonna throw up I felt so sick. I sipped on a can on ginger ale, which has helped some with the nausea thankfully. I was weak, and too run down to move around for hours, my arm was swollen, and very tender, I couldn't sleep because of the pain, but it also hurt to get up anything. It took all my strength to just stand up and take some pain meds. I had to pull out 800 strength Ibuprofen and Tramadol for this. It's much more tolerable now, though u still feel lethargic, and my arm still feels sore, even if I do not move it all. If I move it even slightly it feels like someone is hitting the bone with a hammer, and this after being doped up on pain relievers. The meds still blunted the pain somewhat and significantly reduced the headache. I still feel a little warm, and probably have a mild fever now, my eyes hurt and chest feels a bit sore, but the chills and cold sweat have stopped, and so has the nausea...at least for now. On my first shot the symptoms came in waves. I'd feel okay, then wretched, then better, than awful again, so I still have my guard up that more might be headed my way. I will be so glad when these side effects all finally stop once and for all.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Got chills, and I thought I was gonna throw up I felt so sick. I sipped on a can on ginger ale, which has helped some with the nausea thankfully.

Oh, I'm so sorry you had such a hard time!!
    Was this the first or second dose? Or did you take both at once?

That said, for nausea, I recommend the BRAT (banana, plain rice, apple, toast) diet, it's easiest on an upset stomach.

I hope you feel better soon!!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Got twice actually even someone who been vaccinated, it always stay cautious. someone brings COVID in the house and he was positive as well spread and infected some family members (younger siblings and my aunt). I had to live somewhere where the spread couldn't wide spread

Like I said; Vaccine might makes it bit better, but depends on your antibody can defend against it and if that antibody alone kinda weak well no suprise there.

Years
  • Spoiler:

cxfyticxfyti.gif

JuicyDiscreteFishingcat-max-1mb.gif

Years
  • Oh, I'm so sorry you had such a hard time!!
    Was this the first or second dose? Or did you take both at once?

That said, for nausea, I recommend the BRAT (banana, plain rice, apple, toast) diet, it's easiest on an upset stomach.

I hope you feel better soon!!

Thank you so much for your best wishes. I'm feeling much better now! What I experienced Wednesday night continued for most of Thursday. I had to take the whole day off I was sooo out of sorts. I dragged myself out of the sick bed later in the afternoon yesterday, and forced myself to eat to stay strong, even though I had no appetite. I had a variation of the brat diet :) I couldn't eat large portions, but I tried to nibble on at least a bit of everything.

Thursday evening I started feeling, less nauseated, and well enough to try a few more things like mashed potatoes, lentils, other fresh vegetables, made a soup from garden herbs. As I type this early Friday I am happy to say that I am no longer feeling the bad chills and hot flashes, fever, swelling, sore limbs all over, headaches or nausea that I suffered on Thursday and Friday, I feel a little tired and my taste is not 100% back, there's minor congestion and an occasional cough, but i, think I am mostly back to normal. It's mainly just some lingering pain at the injection site, but much better than it previously was, it's sore at the shoulder, but I can still stretch it and do things with the arm if I want.

This was second dose of a Pfizer. For me the side effects were even more intense than first dose, though my first dose also had a lot of side effects, but the duration of the side effects of dose 2 was a lot shorter, it was a couple of days of feeling rotten, but before it went on for about a week or more.

Again,thank you for your kind words. It sounds like you have come through the process too and are doing well, stay strong, may only good health come your way <3

Thank you Rekoil!!! I think Snoopy, Charlie Brown and precious kittens have worked their magic on me. I feel so much better and have a big smile right now on my face.

Years
  • I got mine back in May and I am glad I did since Idaho has been super loose with mandates. Moscow lifted its mask mandate back in May as well so few people even wear masks here. I still do when I am out shopping though because it feels strange not to now.

Years
  • ^^
    Same as above. I feel uncomfortable without the mask, after having worn it for more than a year now. I still put it on when I go out or interact with any strangers, even though I am fully vaccinated, and am free to go without it. Practically nobody puts on a mask anymore in my area, but I don't care if I stand out and am the only person in the store masked, I'm just not ready to walk around as if nothing has happened.

I honestly don't even go places when I don't have to. I do what must be done like going to work or doctor's appointments, groceries and other essentials, but I don't feel at ease enough to hang out in movie theaters, parks, go shopping or eat inside of restaurants just yet-- it will take some time for me to reach that point.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I got my first shot scheduled on Friday morning. I hope it treats me well, I have to work that afternoon and I have things planned on Saturday.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I had two shots of Moderna. 12 hours after my 2nd dose had one of the worst headaches ever lol.

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • I'm getting my second Pfizer on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. The first shot made me feel very tired, I had a bad head and could hardly move my arm. Here's hoping the second time won't be too bad...

^^
    Same as above. I feel uncomfortable without the mask, after having worn it for more than a year now. I still put it on when I go out or interact with any strangers, even though I am fully vaccinated, and am free to go without it. Practically nobody puts on a mask anymore in my area, but I don't care if I stand out and am the only person in the store masked, I'm just not ready to walk around as if nothing has happened.

I honestly don't even go places when I don't have to. I do what must be done like going to work or doctor's appointments, groceries and other essentials, but I don't feel at ease enough to hang out in movie theaters, parks, go shopping or eat inside of restaurants just yet-- it will take some time for me to reach that point.
    I feel the same, I even wear my mask when I go out for walks even if it's out in the open. When things improve I probably won't be wearing it outside, but I definitely will be wearing it in indoor spaces/public transport (especially the latter).

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'm now fully vaxxed! So happy. Still wearing a mask though.

I'm like that as well. Even though I'm fully vaccinated I still wear a mask. A lot of that has to do with having to wear one at work every day. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Years
  • I'm like that as well. Even though I'm fully vaccinated I still wear a mask. A lot of that has to do with having to wear one at work every day. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

I don't trust people T_T Masks are mandatory in stores here but anti mask/vaxx rhetoric is widespread.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I've had my first jab, second one is booked for September. I'm still wearing a mask though and imagine I will after as well

Back